Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    No way Memphis is trading Jaren Jackson Jr. in a trade for OG.

Something like Aldama. Ziaire Williams and Danny Green works money wise. Add in a first round pick. Raptors would need to cut someone to make roster space. Dillon Brooks could be a guy Memphis would move for OG but I don't want him as a Raptor.
    I want zero part of Brooks.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Except for a lot of the teams do have a bunch of picks.

Knicks, Pelicans, Grizzlies all have extra picks.

Most also have attractive younger players. We could build a satisfactory deal with any of them. If we get less picks we take back more or higher quality young players. A bidding war is upping his trade value.
      The Knicks are in our division so are we okay to play against OG 4x a year? For the Grizzlies, are their picks any good? For the Pelicans what contracts are coming back? How many picks? This only works if the Pelicans are the last team standing here IMO and are way more desperate then the other two teams.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Knicks probably, especially with the rumor that they are willing to offer 3 FRPs for OG.
        The 3FRP's they are offering include the Detroit and Washington picks that will likely end up as 2nd rounders. It's not that great if you unravel it more carefully.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I want zero part of Brooks.
          Me either, just letting people know the reality of what a deal could look like. JJJ is not on the table, what else works and is worth doing for us.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            He gone....

OG Anunoby would reportedly 'embrace' a trade and has already told the Raptors as much

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/02/nba...cans-grizzlies
            Seriously, this plumbs the depths of bad reporting click bait. Headline says OG would embrace a trade but the article goes on to say it's just Chris Haynes opinion.

“I think OG himself, off of what I’m hearing, he would like a change of scenery himself. I don’t know if he’s going to management or it’s gotten that far to request a trade, but management knows how he feels. He’s let it be known already. I think he would embrace a change of scenery.”

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Me either, just letting people know the reality of what a deal could look like. JJJ is not on the table, what else works and is worth doing for us.
              They don't really have anybody that interest me. The only young player they have is Zaire Williams. Their future 1st round picks would likely be late 1st round picks.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And now Bill Simmons pod leads off with Anunoby. I guess we can just assume that any basketball ball trade podcast is leading off with O.G. You know that phrase “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire”? I think this is more like where there’s fire, there’s fire.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  And now Bill Simmons pod leads off with Anunoby. I guess we can just assume that any basketball ball trade podcast is leading off with O.G. You know that phrase “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire”? I think this is more like where there’s fire, there’s fire.
                  OG is the biggest name in the trade market so far. Haynes said Grizzlies and Pelicans are against each other in trading for OG. Hope that continues with other teams.

Comment

• Once again, I want Anunoby on this team as much as anyone but maybe there’s a future built around a defensive core of Pascal, Scottie, Gary, Precious and a more stop the point of attack PG.

Just like the dip in Tampa, not only would a trade give us future picks but it would help us with this year’s pick. Not rocket science,I know but just trying to digest the idea of trading him

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Once again, I want Anunoby on this team as much as anyone but maybe there’s a future built around a defensive core of Pascal, Scottie, Gary, Precious and a more stop the point of attack PG.

Just like the dip in Tampa, not only would a trade give us future picks but it would help us with this year’s pick. Not rocket science,I know but just trying to digest the idea of trading him
                      The hope is that having some young guys like Precious, Scottie and whoever else taking a larger role will improve the vibes and energy. Until we hear otherwise, its reported that Pascal is happy to stay in Toronto.

It helps that Scottie and Precious have a ton of potential, so the ceiling goes up the better they get.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The 3FRP's they are offering include the Detroit and Washington picks that will likely end up as 2nd rounders. It's not that great if you unravel it more carefully.
                        This is true. 3FRP's sounds enticing but if you unravel it -- the Knicks pick would likely be in the mid 1st round and the other 2 picks would likely be late 1st. Hard pass.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Then again, the last time Masai did something predictable? Everyone thought we were going to trade Kyle at the deadline. We didn’t. We were pretty sure Norm was going but did anyone see Gary as a target? OG was supposed to be traded at the past draft. Even Thad came out of the blue (except for one guy). Was anyone talking about Gasol? Serge? And of course, Kawhi.
                          Will be interesting to watch.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If I recall, that was said by him early in the season. Maybe he wanted a larger role, but was okay with his current role since the team was winning last season and expected the same this season. After all of this losing and disappointment so far this season, is he still okay with it? Probably not.
                            Lets not make this more complicated than it needs to be. OG wants to secure a bag. Whether that is in Toronto or somewhere else it doesn't really matter, he's just exploring his options. All the rumors and speculation over him not being happy about his role is just noise.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

This is true. 3FRP's sounds enticing but if you unravel it -- the Knicks pick would likely be in the mid 1st round and the other 2 picks would likely be late 1st. Hard pass.
                                The 1st rounder + they get has to be top 10 and trust Masai/Bobby and the scouting crew to make magic happen

Comment

Working...
                                X