Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I see it different.The nets have to be good they gave away all their picks to put together this team. If I'm the nets FVV makes the most sense to bring in to replace kyrie. They need win now players and they need to be good incase KD bolts as well. Brooklyn seems like a place fred would easily take a next contract from and he will cost less then kyrie. If I'm nets I'm firmly looking at FVV and them and the raps can find a 3rd team to send the assets Toronto's way.

Basketball sense it still is a really good team. Fred can play off ball of KD, simmions can ball handle more since taking away possesions from fred is more palatable then kyrie and Simmons can take the lead guard defensive matchup that have been giving fred trouble. That team could easily come out of the East.
    I wonder who they’d prefer between Fred or CP3. I’d assume CP3, he’s already signed for an extra 2 years with only 15 of the 60m guaranteed over those years.

I think a CP3+Crowder deal trumps what we can offer sadly

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't think Lakers are even allowed to trade 2 picks. There is a limit on how far out into the future the picks can be.

There are much better deals out there for Fred.
      Lakers CAN trade 2027 & 2029 pics now.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

I wonder who they’d prefer between Fred or CP3. I’d assume CP3, he’s already signed for an extra 2 years with only 15 of the 60m guaranteed over those years.

I think a CP3+Crowder deal trumps what we can offer sadly
        I'm not so sure on that. Their 1 cp3 hamstring injury away from sending top 10 picks to Houston for the next handful of years.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm not so sure on that. They’re that’s a 1 cp3 hamstring injury away from sending top 10 picks to Houston for the next handful of years.
          Yeah that’s a fair call too. They’d be stuck waiving him and packaging Simmons for something

Comment

• Keegan murray should be a target.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Keegan murray should be a target.
              For who though?

We only really have OG who they’d want. Maybe GTJ but I don’t even think they’d do a Keegan for GTJ straight swap.

Best bet is trying to pick up a mid 1st and drafting his twin brother Kris Murray. Can’t dribble or handle the ball as well but is essentially a lefty version of him, shoots really well and rebounds incredibly for a guy his size.

Comment

• I have thin skin so please take it easy on me…while I am here in a nice restaurant waiting for my food

here is my out of the box trade proposal
                http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Toronto
                Durant
                Max Christie
                2023 Nets FRP

Nets
                Westbrook 47 million expiring
                OG Anunoby
                2027 and 2029 Lakers FRP

Lakers
                VanVleet
                Irving
                2024 Raptors FRP ???
                Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Feb 3, 2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  I have thin skin so please take it easy on me…while I am here in a nice restaurant waiting for my food

here is my out of the box trade proposal
                  http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Toronto
                  Durant
                  Max Christie
                  2023 Nets FRP

Nets
                  Westbrook 47 million expiring
                  OG Anunoby
                  2027 and 2029 Lakers FRP

Lakers
                  VanVleet
                  Irving
                  2024 Raptors FRP ???
                  That works. Then we tell Durant to rest his hammy. Draft Wemby and we’re off and running

Comment

• i hope everyone realizes the nets are playing games they are not trade kyrie nor does he want to leave. if they can keep the league trying to bid for their players the will stop other teams from getting better

Comment

• From HoopsRumors.com

After Kyrie Irving‘s agent reached out to the Nets about an extension last week, Brooklyn offered him a deal that included an unlikely incentive based on the team winning a championship, sources tell Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report (Twitter link).

Haynes was told that Irving’s camp refused to negotiate after the offer, and now the All-Star guard reportedly won’t re-sign with the Nets even if he was offered a fully guaranteed maximum-salary extension, which would be worth $198.5MM over four years.

According to Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report (Twitter link), an unlikely incentive can be worth up to 15% of a contract’s yearly value.
                      Shams Charania of The Athletic reports (via Twitter) that the Nets offered a multiyear extension, with the stipulations tied to the last year of the deal. Charania didn’t specify the years or amount that was offered.

Sources tell ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski that the Nets were “reluctant to rush into a long-term commitment without further evidence that Irving could stay reliable, perform at a high level and remain controversy-free.” Reading between the lines, it’s pretty clear that he wasn’t offered a four-year extension.
                      The market isn’t exactly brimming with teams in pursuit of Irving due to how many games he’s missed over the past handful of years, not to mention the controversy. In fact, two of his primary would-be suitors, the Lakers and Mavericks, are wary of giving up “significant trade assets” in a potential offer, sources tell Wojnarowski.

Irving, who turns 31 next month, is making $36.9MM in the final year of his contract. If he’s traded, he would be eligible for a two-year extension worth up to $78.6MM until June 30, but Woj sounds skeptical that would be available to Irving, especially right away, writing that “no teams are privately expressing a desire to make that investment.” That includes the Suns, another team expected to have interest in acquiring Irving.

The Nets are currently 31-20, the No. 4 seed in the East, but have gone just 4-7 since Kevin Durant was injured. Wojnarowski reports that “numerous” rival teams are “far more interested” in seeing how Durant reacts to Irving’s trade request, and if Durant may decide to follow suit, rather than pursuing Irving himself.

In an appearance on NBA TV (Twitter video link), Haynes said he “would be very surprised if Kyrie is a Net past the trade deadline,” which is February 9 at 2:00pm CT.

Comment

• This Kyrie thing is going to affect Fred's market. That's what happens when you wait.

1 more game and this roadtrip's over. Wait till they get obliterated by the Grizzlies to make a decision whether to sell or not. Great plan.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

Lakers CAN trade 2027 & 2029 pics now.
                          OK, so in 7 years when the 2029 draft pick is playing for us we'll start to turn the corner. (I say 7 because he will be drafted summer of 2029).

We can do a lot better than 2 picks so far out the that the first pick won't be on the court until the 2027-28 season.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            From HoopsRumors.com

kyrie should retire and go help the community, basketball is not his love and i do understand how he feels when it comes to this is bigger than sports. if he feels disrespected walk away so much more to life

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              This Kyrie thing is going to affect Fred's market. That's what happens when you wait.

1 more game and this roadtrip's over. Wait till they get obliterated by the Grizzlies to make a decision whether to sell or not. Great plan.
                              i said it for years bobby needs to go. being a good scout of talent doesn’t make you a good team builder.

Comment

• Looks like Denver is hellbent on trading Bones. Doubt it would take too much to land him because from the sound of things it sounds like it’s a work ethic/role thing. You have Murray tweeting about him and Bones’ family and friends responding.

I’m not even that big a fan, I think he’s mostly just an inefficient spark plug but it does seem like he’d be available pretty cheap, wouldn’t be surprised if they’d take something like Flynn and a second rounder.

I’d do that, especially if it was a future second seeing as the one we have this year will probably be low 30’s

Comment

Working...
                                X