No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trent to NYK suggestion here caught my eye. Trent to NYK for Grimes, Hartenstein, Reddish and a 1st? Would the Knicks actually do that? damn pull the trigger Masai.

The other one that caught my attention is FVV for Carter and Suggs.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Do you mean match and hope that he’d rather stay with us? It’s not the Ayton situation as he was an RFA. Once the Suns matched the Pacers offer, he was a Sun. We could match what Orlando was offering and he could still say, nah, I’ll take the sun.
      I know he's not an RFA. If Fred values money more than destination then I would match whatever Orlando was offering him and hope that he would stay. If he values destination more than there is nothing you can really do about that. It's something they have to try and figure out before the deadline.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

are you basically trying to spin this just for the sake of spinning it LOL.

so what you are saying is that VanVleet or Siakam are both hoping that Masai and Bobby should trade their 2023 first round pick and future first round picks plus Birch/ Boucher and Thad to match salaries to convince the Nets and give up KD?

or any of those top guys met up one Saturday and map up a trade proposal for a Poeltl and a first round pick, a good enough move that would save their season and pull them out of the hole that they dug
        What spin? This all seems pretty obvious to me.

Yes, the guys playing and are trying to win would want to trade all our picks for guys to help them win. They would totally trade our FRP for a guy to help them get to the playoffs. Why wouldn't they?

Fans/GM's think long term. Players only think short term. They don't give a crap if the Raptors are good 2-3 years in the future. They want to be good now. And they would prefer playoffs every time over hitting the beach early.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yes, the guys playing and are trying to win would want to trade all our picks for guys to help them win. They would totally trade our FRP for a guy to help them get to the playoffs. Why wouldn't they?

Fans/GM's think long term. Players only think short term. They don't give a crap if the Raptors are good 2-3 years in the future. They want to be good now. And they would prefer playoffs every time over hitting the beach early.
          Exactly. Vets and the coach always want to trade the pick for immediate, experienced help.

I vaguely recall VC suggesting they should trade the pick they used to draft Bosh.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Exactly. Vets and the coach always want to trade the pick for immediate, experienced help.

I vaguely recall VC suggesting they should trade the pick they used to draft Bosh.
            One reason that the coach/gm role doesn’t work. One man with too many competing interests.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

For the first part of his career we obliged. Traded Camby for Oakley. Also brought in washed up Hakeem in free agency.

But yup he wasn't a fan of Bosh and wanted him moved for a win now player.

Comment

• The next move will be us or Utah. Conley, Vanderbilt, Olynyk, and Beasley are all getting interest. For us it’s FVV, Trent, and OG. The Pascal stuff is just smoke.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Simmons is the salary filler. The main draws would be Claxton and the "several picks" mentioned. Several means 3 or more. I'd say 4 is a good number of picks for a player like Pascal.
                  Some $90 mil owed to Simmons this year and next 2 is NOT a filler. His career may well be salvageable, but at the moment Id consider him a major negative value.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

One reason that the coach/gm role doesn’t work. One man with too many competing interests.
                    Major potential conflicts of interest everywhere. Imagine being a rotation player in a contract year, and your minutes start getting cut in favor of a guy still on a rookie deal. Or you're Doc Rivers and you hand out a nice contract to your son.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      The Trent to NYK suggestion here caught my eye. Trent to NYK for Grimes, Hartenstein, Reddish and a 1st? Would the Knicks actually do that? damn pull the trigger Masai.

The other one that caught my attention is FVV for Carter and Suggs.

Fred for Wendell Carter Jr and Suggs? I'd definitely do that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Fred for Wendell Carter Jr and Suggs? I'd definitely do that.
                        Can't imagine the Magic would give up so much. But yeah, obviously that's an incredible deal. I doubt the Magic would give up either with them having cap space coming up to chase Fred, but if they would, it would more likely be Suggs and filler and a pick or something. WCJ seems a pipedream.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heat traded Dedmon to the Spurs with a 2RP. Dedmon makes about $4.7M and is non-guaranteed next year. So a tax saving move. Also gets a free roster spot. Wonder what they do next.

Comment

Heat traded Dedmon to the Spurs with a 2RP. Dedmon makes about $4.7M and is non-guaranteed next year. So a tax saving move. Also gets a free roster spot. Wonder what they do next.
                            I saw a tweet that mentioned there is mutual interest between the Heat and Lowry to move on, but nothing confirmed.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I saw a tweet that mentioned there is mutual interest between the Heat and Lowry to move on, but nothing confirmed.
                              Lowry's making $28M this year and $29M next year. Maybe a swap with the Lakers for Russ? But that kills the Lakers cap space for next season. Clippers could send a bunch of contracts like Kennard and Morris Sr.

Comment

My spin to that tweet: Gary/ OG and Scottie all conspiring with each other…”when will Masai or Bobby trade VanVleet so we can at least get his piece of the pie”

Eric Koreen of the Athletic seem to have insider knowledge of this too

but jokes aside…here is the latest

let’s go!

Comment

Working...
                                X