Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Heat traded Dedmon to the Spurs with a 2RP. Dedmon makes about $4.7M and is non-guaranteed next year. So a tax saving move. Also gets a free roster spot. Wonder what they do next.
    Why didn’t we do this

We could’ve sent Flynn the other way, Heat still save money and get a piece, we avoid the tax by sending out Flynn, and Dedmon is serviceable and the second would be useful. Might even get 2 SRP’s since they get Flynn out of it

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

My spin to that tweet: Gary/ OG and Scottie all conspiring with each other…”when will Masai or Bobby trade VanVleet so we can at least get his piece of the pie”

Eric Koreen of the Athletic seem to have insider knowledge of this too

but jokes aside…here is the latest

let’s go!
      Yes please!

But I’d rather the NOP frameworks instead of the Clippers ones

Comment

Lowry's making $28M this year and $29M next year. Maybe a swap with the Lakers for Russ? But that kills the Lakers cap space for next season. Clippers could send a bunch of contracts like Kennard and Morris Sr.
        I'd love to see Kyle have one more playoff run on a good team but, man, he looks like he's at the end. Shadow of himself.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The Trent to NYK suggestion here caught my eye. Trent to NYK for Grimes, Hartenstein, Reddish and a 1st? Would the Knicks actually do that? damn pull the trigger Masai.

Good heav3ns.
          All of that for Trent?

Is NY that dumb?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Why didn’t we do this

We could’ve sent Flynn the other way, Heat still save money and get a piece, we avoid the tax by sending out Flynn, and Dedmon is serviceable and the second would be useful. Might even get 2 SRP’s since they get Flynn out of it
            Raps are already under the tax. I think the Raptors want to get younger not older. Heat also likely wanted the roster spot so they can do a 2-1 or 3-1 type of trade. They may prefer that over having Flynn take an unnecessary spot on their roster. Plus they have a bunch of guards: Lowry, Vincent, Dipo, Herro, Struss.

We would also be $200K over the tax if we just took Dedmon to into our TPE. And that's not worth a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Raps are already under the tax. I think the Raptors want to get younger not older. Heat also likely wanted the roster spot so they can do a 2-1 or 3-1 type of trade. They may prefer that over having Flynn take an unnecessary spot on their roster. Plus they have a bunch of guards: Lowry, Vincent, Dipo, Herro, Struss.

We would also be $200K over the tax if we just took Dedmon to into our TPE. And that's not worth a 2nd rounder.
              Yeah I knew about the 200k hence the Flynn inclusion but yeah I guess it depends on what Miami wants to do next

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Good heav3ns.
                All of that for Trent?

Is NY that dumb?
                none of those trades are 'rumours' or anything... they are just trades tweeted at blake by his peers in the media and by random fans

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  The Trent to NYK suggestion here caught my eye. Trent to NYK for Grimes, Hartenstein, Reddish and a 1st? Would the Knicks actually do that? damn pull the trigger Masai.

The other one that caught my attention is FVV for Carter and Suggs.

but you didn't like trent to NY one that had us bringing back mcbride? can't we just plug him into trent's spot?

Comment

• Terrence Mann is definitely an interesting piece… I’m a little surprised Philly isn’t trying to get in on OG, could offer Harris + Maxey and a pick or Harris + Milton and 2 picks (do they have picks?).

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Terrence Mann is definitely an interesting piece… I’m a little surprised Philly isn’t trying to get in on OG, could offer Harris + Maxey and a pick or Harris + Milton and 2 picks (do they have picks?).
                      Terrance Mann is pretty old though
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Damn Pascal going to the Nets likely …. Summoned by Masai after Practice.

I am fucking reading too much on this kind of shit.

I can’t earn my living properly today.

Trade deadline is ruining my life lol

Comment

Damn Pascal going to the Nets likely …. Summoned by Masai after Practice.

the quote

Something about nothing?
                          Nothing about something?
                          Something about something?
                          Nothing about nothing?
                          Is it Thursday afternoon yet?

Comment

Damn Pascal going to the Nets likely …. Summoned by Masai after Practice.

Probably worth considering the possibility that Masai pulled Pascal to ask his opinion on possible moves (or of course any number of other mundane reasons, including just reassuring him he's not being moved), rather than to brace him for being traded.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 8 teams interested in OG. lol.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...by-Trade-Talks

We got ourselves an auction...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                8 teams interested in OG. lol.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...by-Trade-Talks

We got ourselves an auction...

Didn't realize Indiana has shown some interest in OG. Obviously Mathurin would be our target or even Turner maybe. I wonder how Turner's recent extension and salary restructuring would impact a trade he was involved in.

Disappointed there is no mention of Sacramento on that list. They've got some nice pieces the Raps could be interested in.

Comment

Working...
                                X