Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Man, I hope teams don't get tired of waiting on the Raps and move on....or maybe Raps never had any intention of doing anything? I don't think I've been this stressed over a trade deadline.
    Basically what happened when Norm and Kyle were the 2 hottest commodities at the trade deadline. We hold up trades for a moment, but teams eventually shrug and say our asking price is in La,La land and move on to plan B.

It’s already underway.

Comment

• Play in for what?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Looks like we’re doubling down on this core. Nurse is gonna get the depth he needs to make a run at the play-in. Or maybe even the 6th seed…. dream big!
        He will probably trade Birch for cash and a second round pick, do his customary post trade deadline presser saying that Birch did not earn his minutes, regretful for paying him 18 million for 3 years, tell the press about his plans for Giants of Africa then call it a day.

lol

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Untrue man, if you're saying he can't be a 3rd option. Thats kinda crazy.
          Lol….truly that was an insightful take and you got baited superjudge for responding.

Trade VanVleet and OG is automatically the 3rd option behind Pascal and Scottie.

Comment

• i have no idea what this team even needs. this team clearly needs shooting. yet they're hovering around top 10 in the league offensively. this team is full of supposed defense first dudes and yet are basically bottom 20 in defense. so what exactly needs to be plugged up here?

im not on board with the whole jakob poetl noise at all. don't see the point.

Comment

• why is there no news i want fred gone

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                i have no idea what this team even needs. this team clearly needs shooting. yet they're hovering around top 10 in the league offensively. this team is full of supposed defense first dudes and yet are basically bottom 20 in defense. so what exactly needs to be plugged up here?

bobby sucks as a GM

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  why is there no news i want fred gone
                  Meh…some people still have big dreams for the guy…

they want to trade Siakam and OG….move VanVleet one more step up the ladder and make him the legitimate no.1 Alpha….

as if he is not on some nights so they still think he still has some competition. Rid of the two and the dude can solely gets the glory.

Barnes can wait, he still in his rookie contract lol

Comment

• I liked the direction of OKC…they seem to be half way there….they have the one guy in SGA as the center core of their future, complemented by Giddey and Chet with surrounding role players, add another lottery pick or two in this upcoming draft and they will win more games before we know it.

Why the fuck would OKC trade the guy…if Masai is in this period once again pipe dreaming to get Shai like he was with Giannis then we are in trouble.

Comment

• The vibes are awful, but I can't see Bobby/ Masai taking pennies on the dollar for Fred / GTJ. I think they would take their chances in the summer - either sign-and-trade or re-upping.

Comment

• I think team Masai's strategy is similar to the 2019 strategy.
                        Land a superstar and add pieces around him.
                        Tbh, this team's core is strong on paper. Add a legit superstar and a few bench pieces and it can compete again in a couple years.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          The vibes are awful, but I can't see Bobby/ Masai taking pennies on the dollar for Fred / GTJ. I think they would take their chances in the summer - either sign-and-trade or re-upping.
                          They don't need 2 sign trade, Orlando has the money 2 pay max for Fv, as for Trent is looking for 25 million ove 5 years, Charlotte are ready give him that or more, there is more one suitor who is willing2 pay that, not raptors,..so yeah, they don't move them..they get a Big D^$$..NOTHING.
                          U would think they would move them by now, Clutch..right, Rich Paul gonna make sure that those 2 clowns get paid.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

They don't need 2 sign trade, Orlando has the money 2 pay max for Fv, as for Trent is looking for 25 million ove 5 years, Charlotte are ready give him that or more, there is more one suitor who is willing2 pay that, not raptors,..so yeah, they don't move them..they get a Big D^$$..NOTHING.
                            U would think they would move them by now, Clutch..right, Rich Paul gonna make sure that those 2 clowns get paid.
                            So the objective is to take horrendous deals at the trade deadline? Same thing happened with Lowry a few seasons ago. Masai/ Bobby held off and got Precious. I'd say that's a win. I wouldn't take guys like Luke Kennard just to say that this team got something for Fred. That makes you look weak. And if he walks at the end of the year for some absurd money in a non sign and trade deal, then so be it.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              I think team Masai's strategy is similar to the 2019 strategy.
                              Land a superstar and add pieces around him.
                              Tbh, this team's core is strong on paper. Add a legit superstar and a few bench pieces and it can compete again in a couple years.
                              fine that’s for the offseason….

But here and now less than 22 hours to the deadline….,my gut feeling is that Masai insisting on getting Claxton from the Nets but refusing to give up VanVleet and pieces in return.

VanVleet is the perfect replacement for Kyrie and KD would very welcome him with open arms…he always have high praise for him.

to me that is where we are at

I don’t think he is really trying to shop OG but is open minded if a Gobert like offer presents itself.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                i have no idea what this team even needs. this team clearly needs shooting. yet they're hovering around top 10 in the league offensively. this team is full of supposed defense first dudes and yet are basically bottom 20 in defense. so what exactly needs to be plugged up here?

I'm in the camp that believes the defense is the main issue. Fred was too vital at the point of attack and now he can't do it anymore and guards are getting downhill to the basket with no shot blocker in sight. Either get a shot blocker back there or move Fred for someone who can defend the point of attack. Or both.

Comment

Working...
                                X