Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    This could be the Raptors leaking to Woj. "Hey, West teams, come get OG or else you won't beat the Suns".

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Well Jakob wasn't my first choice, but addresses our need for a shot blocking big. Now we need depth and shooting.
      Nets have a ton of depth and shooting now.

Comment

• Wow! Poeltl?! Poeltl was the C I was hoping they would target last year. Everybody kept talking about Turner, I want Poeltl. Anyway, can they re-sign all 3 of Poeltl, Trent and FVV? I don't think they can so someone else is going to get traded. The 1st round pick btw better be top 20 protected.

As for Durant, i'll be cheering for the Mavs but I think the Suns are now the overwhelming favorite to win the West. Booker + Durant? lol. Good luck stopping that.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

This could be the Raptors leaking to Woj. "Hey, West teams, come get OG or else you won't beat the Suns".
          That is a funny narrative. OG is not stopping Durant.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

That is a funny narrative. OG is not stopping Durant.
            Nobody can really, but OG gives teams a chance to make it as difficult as possible for KD.

Comment

• So how are they going to clean up the glut at 4/5? Pascal, Precious, Poeltl, Koloko, Boucher….and Thad, Does not seem like there are enough minutes to go around
              Last edited by saints91; Thu Feb 9, 2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Me checking my phone at 5 in the morning.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I could see a GTJ for Royce O'Neale + Seth Curry type of deal.

Gives the Nets more scoring and gives the Raps shooting & bench depth. And we're all set for an exciting run at the Play-In! (for what?)

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    No more excuses for Nurse. We better have a top 5 defense to close out the rest of the season. Heck, top 3 should be the goal.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Nobody can really, but OG gives teams a chance to make it as difficult as possible for KD.
                      Well I hope the other GM's fall for that narrative
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Waking up to some big trades!

KD to the Suns is massive. They made their Masai all-in move.. except they get KD for 3 years. They are going to be one tough out.. but losing Bridges was going to hurt. He's the guy that would do the dirty work for them on defense. But you have to give up something to get something.

As for the Raptors.. hmm, not sure how I feel. Raptors now have 3 guys that will be free agents all looking for raises. We got a rim protector (yay!) but one that can't space the floor. So now we will have 3 guys on the floor that can't space the floor for each other in Poeltl, Siakam and Barnes - gross. Are we planning to keep both Fred and Gary or is one going? Or is OG the guy?

Does Precious go back to the bench now?

We can't afford everyone. Or are we okay paying taxes?

We gave up Birch which is fine - he wasn't playing.. but that costed us some extra draft capital. So that sucks. I have to see what the protections for the 2024 pick are. Giving up a pick with protections prevents us from trading future picks as we'd have to wait for that to convey. So that hamstrings us a bit in the trade market.

I think the best way to salvage this is to move OG, Gary or Fred for cheap shooters. All three are considered our only shooters so that's likely going to backfire. OG has the hottest market.. so likely will be him.

And this is obviously a win now move, so forget Wemby or Scoot now.

We could have just given the Spurs 2 picks last year and got 2 full seasons with Poeltl instead. Or keep the pick from last year and pick Walker with it instead.

Comment

• So I guess they are re-signing Poeltl? Has to be more coming cause they can’t keep all these guys next season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

No more excuses for Nurse. We better have a top 5 defense to close out the rest of the season. Heck, top 3 should be the goal.
                            Finally we plug the gaping hole at the 5.
                            Still need the shooting.and backcourt depth

Yak/Kolokoko
                            Pascal/Achuiwua / Boucher
                            Scottie / OG

Trent / JAG's galore
                            Freddy / Value Village JAGs galore.

Hoping the 2024 FRP if it doesn't convey in 2024 turns into 2 more second round picks.

Hopefully another shoe to drop.

OG to Nawlins for the Bulls FRP and Daniels... if they could ever pry the 3 point shooter Murphy along with the pick and Daniels that would be awesome.
                            or
                            OG to Portland for Shaedon Sharpe and a replacement 2024 FRP twe gave up to San Antonio.

Trent to the Kings for Davion Mitchel or Kevin Heurter ?

6 hours to go.
                            Lots of hoping.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 9, 2023, 10:03 AM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              So how are they going to clean up the glut at 4/5? Pascal, Precious, Poeltl, Koloko, Boucher….and Thad, Does not seem like there are enough minutes to go around
                              You’ve named more guys than Nurse’s entire rotation. Gotta be more coming?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                So I guess they are re-signing Poeltl? Has to be more coming cause they can’t keep all these guys next season.
                                If I recall correctly, Jakob is looking for something in the range of $20M in his next contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X