No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching up and laughing at loud at masai saying he wanted to see what the team looked like with a real center.... where was that attitude the last 3 season?
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah that's probably the starting 5 again. Although I would have Scottie come of the bench and have Gary start. Scottie works great with a 4-man bench crew where he has the ball and is dishing.

I know nobody wants it, but it likely makes for a better on court product. I'm still not a huge fan of the Scottie + Pascal tandem.
      Yeah, that ain't happening. If you're going to do something like that then you just trade Barnes. The absolute garbage fire you'd set off with that would burn down the team.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Catching up and laughing at loud at masai saying he wanted to see what the team looked like with a real center.... where was that attitude the last 3 season?
        Yup..very frustrating.
        I'm just exhausted, anyway..no point having this thread, mods should just close the thread. We're just regurgitate same points..well I'll b there 2 support them, definitely a kick in balls, really sucks.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah that's probably the starting 5 again. Although I would have Scottie come of the bench and have Gary start. Scottie works great with a 4-man bench crew where he has the ball and is dishing.

I know nobody wants it, but it likely makes for a better on court product. I'm still not a huge fan of the Scottie + Pascal tandem.
          On the brightside, there are many options to stagger, like subbing Scottie out early for Gary, and subbing him back in when Pascal sits.

Some potentially fun jumbo lineups like Scottie, OG, Pascal, Precious and Poetl.

Comment

• I really do think this is going to be one of the most inspiring, memorable, turnaround stretches in Raptors history. Akin to the Rudy Gay trade, but with a much more interesting, talented team. It can, nay it should, work. The chemistry, the vibes, should be extremely high, as should the two-way capability of this team.

Sink or swim baby. Just gotta hit some feckin shats.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I really do think this is going to be one of the most inspiring, memorable, turnaround stretches in Raptors history. Akin to the Rudy Gay trade, but with a much more interesting, talented team. It can, nay it should, work. The chemistry, the vibes, should be extremely high, as should the two-way capability of this team.

Sink or swim baby. Just gotta hit some feckin shats.
              It's sink or swim, and we out here like Whitney Houston
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• A few things re masais presser

about needing to be a top tier 3 pt shooting team. Obviously been saying this too. So he trades 3 picks for poetl? I mentioned championship year 5th in 3% then 15th, 20th, 25th and 27th last i checked. Its not by accident - we dont have shooters ffs

he mentioned selfish play a lot. You can pass it 100 times its still gotta end up in the hands of someone who can shoot.

and he kept mentioning the young guys need to grow. What young guys? Sure scottie. Precious. Thats about it. This team isnt oozing young talent. Half the league has more

glad he took responsibility for not getting a C earlier. I am very curious to see what poetl can do to help because its true a decent C can change things in a big way. So what was with the thad thing? Why didnt they use the first rounder toward thad on poetl instead? Waste

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  A few things re masais presser

about needing to be a top tier 3 pt shooting team. Obviously been saying this too. So he trades 3 picks for poetl? I mentioned championship year 5th in 3% then 15th, 20th, 25th and 27th last i checked. Its not by accident - we dont have shooters ffs

he mentioned selfish play a lot. You can pass it 100 times its still gotta end up in the hands of someone who can shoot.

and he kept mentioning the young guys need to grow. What young guys? Sure scottie. Precious. Thats about it. This team isnt oozing young talent. Half the league has more

glad he took responsibility for not getting a C earlier. I am very curious to see what poetl can do to help because its true a decent C can change things in a big way. So what was with the thad thing? Why didnt they use the first rounder toward thad on poetl instead? Waste
                  The asking price was probably too high. Even early yesterday, reports were Spurs wanted 2 FRPs and even rumors of Gary. Spurs pretty much had to cave this deadline since Poeltl is expiring.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

On the brightside, there are many options to stagger, like subbing Scottie out early for Gary, and subbing him back in when Pascal sits.

Some potentially fun jumbo lineups like Scottie, OG, Pascal, Precious and Poetl.
                    Yeah.. and even though Nurse is nuts, I doubt Poeltl plays more than 30mpg. He's was averaging 26 with the Spurs. But Marc did too during our chip year. So that opens things up for Koloko and Precious to get more minutes at the 5.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Catching up and laughing at loud at masai saying he wanted to see what the team looked like with a real center.... where was that attitude the last 3 season?
                      well they needed to evaluate what the team looks like without a real center first.

and they needed to take a good hard look, just to be sure

Comment

• Hopefully Koloko gets tome in the League, he's been needed this year, and NBA court time is great experience, but the League will help him get more touches.

Comment

• Well a little disappointed to say the least. I hope good deals just were not available as opposed to being gun shy. Seems like big changes will happen in the offseason if they don't go on a decent run to close the season.

Jak certainly balances the roster out. Scottie seems like best fit to come off the bench when OG returns, but i doubt that happens. I guess we'll continue to run a sub-optimal starting unit if that happens. Surprised boucher wasn't moved for shooting, koloko might be the odd one out now in the second unit.

Going to be interesting if this helps the chemistry issues. The team basically got a vote of confidence from the front office, maybe they start playing for each other again.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Twice a year you get a chance to improve your team.
                            The Draft and FA in June.
                            The Trade Deadline in Feb.
                            We ain't so good that we can keep passing those opptys up.

Says twice a year. Then lists 3 different times during the year to improve your team.

1. The Draft
                            2. Free Agency
                            3. Trade Deadline

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I've missed a few pages ..... What's the consensus? I still don't get why they made the Jakob trade if that was the only move. We lose out on a higher draft pick this year and very likely our 2024 FRP. All to make the play in?

Worse yet this feels like the same half-hearted attempt to help the starters in the immediate playoffs the same as the Thad trade.

Even more worser...Jakob at 27 lines up with Pascal and Fred's timeline, not Scotties. I don't mind us playing for the now but it's the half-hearted attempt to do the bare minimum that I find distasteful.

Will need to sleep on this.
                              Jakob fits Scottie's timeline just fine. We resign him for 4 years this offseason. We have him for age 28, 29, 30, and 31 seasons. So quite literally his entire prime.

Now we're set at center and Scottie will never need to play center again. Offensively he will work great with Scottie in the pick and roll. He's an excellent finisher and has range out to 16ft (I expect we'll try and extend that to the 3pt line).

It's clearly a forward looking move. Center is set for the remainder of this season and the 4 seasons following. By the way, Gasol was 34 when the Raptors added him and was still great at age 35. No reason we couldn't sign Poeltl for another 4 years after the 4 year deal ends and have center position handled for the next 8 years.
                              Last edited by Primer; Thu Feb 9, 2023, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Well, they gotta re-sign Poeltl, right. You can't trade all those draft picks for a rental. And I believe Woj tweeted that the intention is to re-sign him. As for the two, I don't know. They probably would try and re-sign Fred. As for Trent, I dunno. They're not signing all 3.
                                And to think if the Raptors kept their first round pick instead of trading it for Thad a year ago & picked Walker Kessler, the costly trade for Poeltl wouldn't need to happen.

I've never liked trading first rounders especially for aging veterans roleplayers & that move was costly.

Comment

Working...
                                X