Game #37: Detroit Pistons 114 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Right...but teams don't always come back from 20 pt leads. More often than not, you build a 20 pt lead at any point in the game, you come away with a win. If they make a run, what was the consequence? Playing Jonas 12 first quarter minutes? He was sporadically involved the rest of the game anyway, might as well have kept riding him. We don't have another game tomorrow, and Casey has actually played him that full first quarter a number of times this season...so why not do it when he's tearing the opponent into pieces?

And our D is bad. It's just a scheme that doesn't suit our personnel.

And people defend Casey...they forget the series that made his scheme look good was against a team with no big man, where the screener rarely rolled, and generally played 5 out so there could be an open lane and shooters LeBron. Not to mention it had two of the most mobile, versatile frontcourt defenders in the league in their respective niches in Chandler and Marion. I just don't like the system. It's worked for about 3 and a half months out of the 4 and a half seasons Casey has been here.
    Yeah I'm losing faith in Masai personally. If this defense is unsustainable or not fit for personnel you as GM need to make moves. Letting go of Whiteside and getting Stiesmma seems like mistake. If you disagree with coaching staff then that's on GM as well. Not getting enough defenders. Maybe Masai knows we're not going to win anything this year so he's just riding this out and we're losing our minds here.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Yeah I'm losing faith in Masai personally. If this defense is unsustainable or not fit for personnel you need as GM need to make moves. Letting go of Whiteside and getting Stiesmma seems like mistake. If you disagree with coaching staff then that's on GM as well. Not getting enough defenders. Maybe Masai knows we're not going to win anything this year so he's just riding this out and we're losing our minds here.
      Changing a shitty coach is easier than turning over van entire roster

Comment

• Are we cursed?

We always have the most inept people running this team from Kevin O'neill to DC

Garbage coach after Garbage coach
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          7 of the bulls 13 loses have come to teams under .500. Fire the coach!
          except they have a proven system that has ranked top 5 in pts/allowed every year since his signing so it doesn't really work.

Comment

Yeah I'm losing faith in Masai personally. If this defense is unsustainable or not fit for personnel you as GM need to make moves. Letting go of Whiteside and getting Stiesmma seems like mistake. If you disagree with coaching staff then that's on GM as well. Not getting enough defenders. Maybe Masai knows we're not going to win anything this year so he's just riding this out and we're losing our minds here.
            The thing is, I don't think putting the right personnel together is actually that easy. It's also not like it's the best defensive system. The Mavs had 3 all-defensive team caliber players that year and still finished 8th in DRTG. That's good, but not elite. And yes, Kidd was old, but they played him a lot at SG defensively, and he was a very smart defensive player.

I think it's easier to change philosophy, which may require changing the coach, because I'm not sure we'll see Casey ever change his approach.

Comment

• we need john salmons back!

Comment

• I haven't read any of the previous posts, so excuse me if this has been said already but; Dwayne Casey! WTF?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Are we cursed?

We always have the most inept people running this team from Kevin O'neill to DC

Garbage coach after Garbage coach
                  i wouldn't call Casey garbage but he's not coaching a team that goes deep in the playoffs, ever

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I haven't read any of the previous posts, so excuse me if this has been said already but; Dwayne Casey! WTF?
                  haha yeap, it's been said.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    The thing is, I don't think putting the right personnel together is actually that easy. It's also not like it's the best defensive system. The Mavs had 3 all-defensive team caliber players that year and still finished 8th in DRTG. That's good, but not elite. And yes, Kidd was old, but they played him a lot at SG defensively, and he was a very smart defensive player.

I think it's easier to change philosophy, which may require changing the coach, because I'm not sure we'll see Casey ever change his approach.
                    I hope Masai understands that then. Because if Masai buys into this system then oh boy

Comment

I hope Masai understands that then. Because if Masai buys into this system then oh boy
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

maybe it's just me but i really don't see masai canning casey... i dunno..

Comment

We'll see...Masai's impossible to get a read on, and he seems to still be more focused on roster than on coaching. That's fine at this point. Still don't think there's any way Casey is fired until at least the summer, and that only off the back of an awful playoff performance.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            I don't have anything to drink tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            That is sad beyond words. If I could Puralator my bottle of wine to you I would.

Comment

This seems most likely IMO. He often talks about development and thinking long term with the team, and I think his lack of any significant changes with the roster over the past year is a result of him wanting to test things out. He's probably just happy to see the younger guys become more mature in their personality and game. The Masaiah is obviously not viewing the team as it is as a final product.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                maybe it's just me but i really don't see masai canning casey... i dunno..
                                and he's not gonna get somebody you guys will recognize it will be some unproven coach and that's a gamble.

Comment

Working...
                                X