Game #37: Detroit Pistons 114 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    He actually went through 4 Brooklyn defenders before getting stuffed by Pierce forcing it up against 3 of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMFDIYbOh7M

I love Lowry, his heart, his hustle, and his big shots. But I don't like Lowry/DD one-on-five plays to close out games. They had six seconds and they didn't even pass the ball - set one screen and forced up a shot after nearly getting stripped. That will happen in the playoffs again, where you're playing better defenses that are prepared for your plays. No stat padding against poor teams who aren't ready/can't defend a pick and roll.
    I was talking about last nights game.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Yeah but, do you have total confidence that JV will make the right play out of that double team?
      Nope, but I have confidence that the team will get a better shot more often than not while moving the ball rather than Lowry going iso.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      He also had two post ups in the first half which let to two turnovers. JV is great when he can just catch and finish. When he has to think about what he has to do he gets a lot more inefficient.
      And Lowry had 6 TO's up until that strip.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      When did Lowry do that?
      He didn't do that last game, but he has done that repeatedly this season. He'll go barrelling in into 2 or 3 defenders uncontrollably. Problem is that he's too short for it to work most of the times.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• BTW...Ross is downright terrible. Looks like Bargnani 2.0
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
          He posted up from his typical spot 10-12 feet out on the left block at least three or four times in the 3rd quarter. He got the ball a few more times from that spot without posting to hand off. From those post ups (IIRC) he had one turnover, one pass out leading to a turnover that wasn't his fault, one wild drive where he drew FTs and he passed out of the other.

He was hot, but Detroit adjusted to guard against those inside looks in the second half. What was left for JV was a relatively mediocre forced look backing Drummond down from 12 feet with a looming double. Since, JV does not have a great track record of making a good play passing out of a double I'm not surprised the team looked elsewhere.

The buckets he did get in the second half were a couple of putbacks and at least one great looks rolling to the basket in the flow of the offence. He didn't need touches for the sake of touches, he needed more of those.

At the end of the game, he'd played 10:31 straight. He was probably gassed.
          Thank you. Well said.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anyone feel like that all star talk has gotten into Lowry's head a bit? To the point that he feels like HE HAS to win them every game single handedly.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Nope, but I have confidence that the team will get a better shot more often than not while moving the ball rather than Lowry going iso.

And Lowry had 6 TO's up until that strip.

He didn't do that last game, but he has done that repeatedly this season. He'll go barrelling in into 2 or 3 defenders uncontrollably. Problem is that he's too short for it to work most of the times.
              How are you going to get ball movement with the Piston so obviously in every passing lane? Detroit game planned for the ball movement in the second half.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How are you going to get ball movement with the Piston so obviously in every passing lane? Detroit game planned for the ball movement in the second half.
                They game planned for the second half? Or made adjustments after the halftime? So you are saying they exploited our weaknesses. I wonder, who should we blame for this, probably Stiemsma.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Lowry Lou GV were throwing reckless passes all game long
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• No one saying anything about Lowry if he makes that last floater. Which was actually a really good look. You guys are so quick to praise Lowry when his shots go in but when they don't his playing hero ball. I bet no players had a problem with Lowry taking that shot. Cause they understand.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Lowry Lou GV were throwing reckless passes all game long
                      So that's the coaches fault?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also, when we had the lead in quite a few plays Lou forced a shot with 15-19 seconds left on the shot clock. What the hell? You don't have to take run and gun literally. Every respected coach would have yanked his player after such boneheaded play, no, he encourages it by letting that player to repeat it.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          They game planned for the second half? Or made adjustments after the halftime? So you are saying they exploited our weaknesses. I wonder, who should we blame for this, probably Stiemsma.
                          Raptors made adjustment too but, they fell short without one of their best player. Do you I have to remind you this team Spurs/Mavs on a back to back. The team is good!
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            BTW...Ross is downright terrible. Looks like Bargnani 2.0
                            Yup. Actually in a lot of ways that makes sense to me.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Also, when we had the lead in quite a few plays Lou forced a shot with 15-19 seconds left on the shot clock. What the hell? You don't have to take run and gun literally. Every respected coach would have yanked his player after such boneheaded play, no, he encourages it by letting that player to repeat it.
                              But if it went in you cheering for him right?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors made adjustment too but, they fell short without one of their best player. Do you I have to remind you this team Spurs/Mavs on a back to back. The team is good!
                                Do you assume that NBA is static? That no one is changing, teams do not adapt and develop? That if we won last year against two good teams it means that this year we are as good? It wouldn't be wise to assume that, because this assumption is too primitive to prove. I wonder, what kind of excuse we will hear when Demar returns and we will continue being 0.5 team or lose in the first round. I wonder...

Comment

Working...
                                X