We are just not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Demar isn't the reason why we lost those last games and our defence got so bad. We were doing fine without him during December.
    Teams and indeed players when asked to compensate for a loss (eg. DD) tend to have a problem....if not immediately then eventually. Simply put, sustainability... unless the team is deep in talent or it gets lucky with the blossoming of a player (eg. TRoss) there comes a drop off. This theory will again be tested when DD comes back but I fear it will take a few games again for the reversal to occur.

Comment

As bad as they look right now. Can't judge them without DeRozan.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

It amazes me how much can change in one year....last year this time most of the same posters panicking were still shouting "tank tank" from the hilltops....

Relax everyone....

I like what I see from JV as a whole since Demar went out. TRoss has been exposed badly.....JJ has been reliable. Lowry has come back down to earth. The sky isn't falling!

I still think you can't really judge this team until Demar comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright, then let's just wait for Demar the saviour
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Alright, then let's just wait for Demar the saviour
            Fact: Raptors are 14-3 with Demar....11-9 without....

Yea....I say we wait to judge the team as a whole until Demar gets back

Why is it so hard for some people to grasp. We are not so deep that we can withstand the loss of an all-star player.....I mean we only had one all-star in the last what 6 years!?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

Why is it so hard for some people to grasp. We are not so deep that we can withstand the loss of an all-star player.....I mean we only had one all-star in the last what 6 years!?
              Because derozan doesn't do anything for us so he wouldn't have made any difference at all which is why I proposed this idea:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?14610-Should-we-quot-Josh-Smith-quot-Derozan

The dictators on this site however decided to lock it for whatever reason.
              Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Tue Jan 13, 2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I don't buy that Derozan will fix these issues. I can already see the comments "Over 100 points scored again, so much for defensive anchor Derozan" Glad I unfollowed that clown Matt Moore
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Well one thing I think we can all agree on is we won't be winning 50.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Raptors were 10-3 before their last slump. WHY do we get into these simplistic arguments, Raptors are 1st in the East or were 14-3. You cannot evaluate situation just by puting the record up there, record with MANY asterisks... Demar is our second best player behind Kyle and we are really missing him, but he's not Kevin Durant of Toronto Raptors. He will not make that much of a change as he is basically Lou Williams and James Johnson combined, which is great, it's just that our game style and coaching is the area, which requires biggest improvement, not the fact that Demars absence is hurting the teams performance that much, that suddenly we are below 0.5 team.....

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                      Because derozan doesn't do anything for us so he wouldn't have made any difference at all which is why I proposed this idea:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?14610-Should-we-quot-Josh-Smith-quot-Derozan

You're drunk.
                      They shut it down because that is the stupidest idea ever proposed on this forum.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

really? you just went hardcore

Comment

fact: 14-3 with the easiest schedule mostly playing at home.

11-9 including insane west coast trip.

secondly, we were touted as one of the deepest teams in the league. lowry was basically an all-star last year and will be this year.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Well one thing I think we can all agree on is we won't be winning 50.
                              I don't know about that. Missing DeMar has clearly hurt us, even if you can still say we could've played better without him (especially most recent little stretch). We'd still have to go just 25-20, and we arguably just had the toughest stretch of the schedule while missing one of our top two players.

Lets see how things look after 5-10 games of DeMar being back.

Comment

I still feel like we've played way more "easy" games than hard ones. But yeah you're right, there is still a chance.
                                white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I don't know about that. Missing DeMar has clearly hurt us, even if you can still say we could've played better without him (especially most recent little stretch). We'd still have to go just 25-20, and we arguably just had the toughest stretch of the schedule while missing one of our top two players.

Lets see how things look after 5-10 games of DeMar being back.

Comment

Working...
                                X