We are just not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I didn't think they were a playoff team. I know Rudy was hogging a lot of shots, but I did not think Demar or Lowry were an All-star calibre guards. They really hadn't shown anything during their up-and-down careers to prove otherwise. If you had told me last year I would want Lowry over Teagues, Irving, Bledsoe, Chris Paul (!), Rose (borderline), I would have been like GTFOutta here.

I think we benefitted a lot last year from 2Pat and GV taking the trade personally (especially since it was their contract years) and playing with huge chips on their shoulders. 2Pat has been able to carry his performance over this year but GV has obviously regressed.
    Let's not get carried away and say you'd rather have Lowry than Chris Paul. I'd rather have Lowry over the current iteration of Derrick Rose, but Derrick Rose can always get it together.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Think were going to see some improvement on that end. I feel like the effort was there last couple of games but, the turnovers have been killing us. Plus with DD back it should slow down the pace as well.
      Turnovers are often due to lack of concentration and lack of execution. The fact that the number of turnovers is way up shows to me lack of focus and attention to detail.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Turnovers are often due to lack of concentration and lack of execution. The fact that the number of turnovers is way up shows to me lack of focus and attention to detail.
        Well the return of DD will bring every body back to their roles. Hopefully with less to do they can focus and execute better.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          In the case of the Raps, the recent increase in turnovers (pre-DD return) seems to be related to our style of play. Opposing teams are now aggressively double-teaming Lowry and Lou, since they know they will be the one taking the shot and the Raps are not a ball-movement type of team. Of course, DD being back helps. I think we're going to see a lot of Lou, DD and Lowry lineups.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            Let's not get carried away and say you'd rather have Lowry than Chris Paul. I'd rather have Lowry over the current iteration of Derrick Rose, but Derrick Rose can always get it together.
            Rose would be fourth or fifth best player in the league if he could stay healthy.

There was a time last year where if you mentioned Lowry and Paul in the same breath people would think you were koo-koo-bananas.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              In the case of the Raps, the recent increase in turnovers (pre-DD return) seems to be related to our style of play. Opposing teams are now aggressively double-teaming Lowry and Lou, since they know they will be the one taking the shot and the Raps are not a ball-movement type of team. Of course, DD being back helps. I think we're going to see a lot of Lou, DD and Lowry lineups.
              They've also just been attempting more risky plays for some reason, pressing a bit more. I think everybody's anxious about the slide and overcompensating. Lowry's throwing away really tough ally-oop attempts, they're turning over dicey cross-court passes, etc. - plays they weren't even attempting before, and aren't necessarily being pressured into by the defense. I'm not discounting the adjustments you're talking about, but I also think some of the Raps are a bit rattled and they're trying to fix it by doing the wrong things.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                Rose would be fourth or fifth best player in the league if he could stay healthy.

There was a time last year where if you mentioned Lowry and Paul in the same breath people would think you were koo-koo-bananas.
                I'd say Lowry is like Ty Lawson: You want to bunch him in consideration, but people laugh at you if you do. Yet people still love on Irving. WHY?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  I'd say Lowry is like Ty Lawson: You want to bunch him in consideration, but people laugh at you if you do. Yet people still love on Irving. WHY?
                  Lillard still doesn't get enough recognition, though he's slowly getting more. That guy is really good - his 4th quarter numbers are unbelievable.

So much individual player hype is still based on college careers and draft position. Irving is still getting it because he was the #1 pick. Well, also he's now playing with LeBron James. Remember when everybody used to dissect Chris Bosh's evolution as a player? He's having a great year and nobody's talking about him anymore. That's the LeBron/ESPN effect.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Lillard still doesn't get enough recognition, though he's slowly getting more. That guy is really good - his 4th quarter numbers are unbelievable.

So much individual player hype is still based on college careers and draft position. Irving is still getting it because he was the #1 pick. Well, also he's now playing with LeBron James. Remember when everybody used to dissect Chris Bosh's evolution as a player? He's having a great year and nobody's talking about him anymore. That's the LeBron/ESPN effect.
                    But even Lillard gets more respect than Lawson/Lowry. He's a ROTY and a cover boy for EA. But your right about it being the Lebron effect.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                    X