No announcement yet.

Game #38: Philadelphia 76ers 84 - Toronto Raptors 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still sad about yesterdays loss - so close, yet so far!

Comment

I think the DeRozan vs. Ross argument has been settled. Terrence is good but, he's not a "difference maker"/"game changer", yet. At his position, he's still physically weak, timid & unsure. DeMar's return ensures a 3rd place finish & advance to the 2nd round (at least). 5 years in, he's at least 3 rounds in.

Comment

Will the sun finally rise. Let's hope return of Derozan will go as well as return of Gandalf
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

A loss to the Sixers will force Ujiri to choke a bitch...a trade will happen NO DOUBT.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            A loss to the Sixers will force Ujiri to choke a bitch...a trade will happen NO DOUBT.
            Just fire Casey. No gut reaction trades

Comment

I'm actually hoping the sixers win. It might force change instead of this passive patience .
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                ... Let him ride the pine for three games then give him a chance, it should (hopefully) ignite the competitive fire in him.
                Part of Casey's problem seems to be figuring out what will "ignite the competitive fire in him."

His face is such a steady state blank wall, it's hard to tell if he is excited, bored or crying inside.

Comment

Don't care whether Casey gets fired or not, but my money says it won't happen any time soon.

MU's comment about not making moves that only help this year tells me he knows the team is not a piece or two away from contention.

Lot of posters are fixated on how to improve the offence. Real problem is on the other end of the court.

How many true plus defenders on this team? Right now I'd say one - James Johnson. A healthy Amir would make it two, but he's obviously not healthy, so he is now in the above average group of two, along with Hansbrough.

The rest of the team is average at best, TRoss, Vasquez and Lou are poor defenders - the massive amount of penetration they allow makes our bigs, especially JV, look worse than they are.

I believe in the Lou Will thread, the question was asked what Ferry did with the cap space from the Salmons trade. We all had a chuckle over the answer - signing Thabo Sefolosha. Shows how much we really know about basketball.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Lot of posters are fixated on how to improve the offence. Real problem is on the other end of the court.
                    Truer words have never been spoken.

Our defense right now is Triano-esque. Shameful.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Truer words have never been spoken.

Our defense right now is Triano-esque. Shameful.
                      what defense? haven't seen one since 03/2014.

Comment

" In his past five games while playing at least 30 minutes, Valanciunas is averaging 21.6 points on 61.3 percent shooting and 10 rebounds, compared to 10 points on 47.2 percent in his past five games in which he has fallen short of the 30-minute mark."

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          " In his past five games while playing at least 30 minutes, Valanciunas is averaging 21.6 points on 61.3 percent shooting and 10 rebounds, compared to 10 points on 47.2 percent in his past five games in which he has fallen short of the 30-minute mark."
                          And it is for reason like this that Casey is completely brain dead for not realizing that JV is ready to make he leap and be implemented into a larger offensively role on which a team can build around... He has shown this. And if Casey doesn't give him the opportunity to roll with the punch and make mistakes now, he is damaging his development.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            And it is for reason like this that Casey is completely brain dead for not realizing that JV is ready to make he leap and be implemented into a larger offensively role on which a team can build around... He has shown this. And if Casey doesn't give him the opportunity to roll with the punch and make mistakes now, he is damaging his development.
                            If Ujiri thinks as you do, why doesn't he fire Casey, since JV is the future of the franchise and Casey is not?

Or maybe Masai is brain dead also for allowing Casey to pull this shit and damage JV's development.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I worry about DeRozan returning; not because of DeRozan in any way, but rather the fact that it gives DC another name to utilize in his ISO-heavy game-planning, which will further minimize the amount of inside-out basketball the Raptors play.

The Raptors, both overall and individually, play so much better when they share the ball and establish an interior game. It also makes them so much harder to defend.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                I worry about DeRozan returning; not because of DeRozan in any way, but rather the fact that it gives DC another name to utilize in his ISO-heavy game-planning, which will further minimize the amount of inside-out basketball the Raptors play.

The Raptors, both overall and individually, play so much better when they share the ball and establish an interior game. It also makes them so much harder to defend.
                                I miss Horns.....
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X