Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    I think the DeRozan vs. Ross argument has been settled. Terrence is good but, he's not a "difference maker"/"game changer", yet. At his position, he's still physically weak, timid & unsure. DeMar's return ensures a 3rd place finish & advance to the 2nd round (at least). 5 years in, he's at least 3 rounds in.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    I am still sad about yesterdays loss - so close, yet so far!

Leave a comment:

replied
    I think Ross can handle coming off the bench, it's not like he's being put in a Landry Fields role.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    glad he's making his 3's but this system encourages way too many low % shots. i think the thing that's getting to most people is his lack of focus, and seemingly enormous potential but little effort in achieving it. after 2 and a half seasons, he's just added a floater.
    To be fair, he didn't really have a great opportunity for the first year and a quarter. And most of last year he saw his minutes go to John Salmons....

Edit: Going to move some thoughts to the Everything TR thread

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I'm gonna stick by Ross.

People here can keep pointing the finger at him and thinking he sucks but he is the least of our concerns right now.

He is still improving too. I say a change of system (of the better variety) followed by a true evaluation of him is a fair point.

MU has said as much that "we need to be patient with Ross and JV"
    glad he's making his 3's but this system encourages way too many low % shots. i think the thing that's getting to most people is his lack of focus, and seemingly enormous potential but little effort in achieving it. after 2 and a half seasons, he's just added a floater.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Maybe playing against opponents bench will ignite Ross.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    TeamEd wrote: View Post
    The case for Terrence Ross:

97 guards have >25 games and >20 min/game, of them:

Ross is 9th of 97 in turnover ratio. He does not turn the ball over.
    He's 21 of 97 in 3p% and 24 of 97 in eFG%. He's the best wing shooter on the team by a ways. Kyle is 40. Lou is 50. GV is 67.
    He's 65 of 97 in USG%. He does not need a lot of play calls to get his offence.
    He's 15 of 97 in highest 3pt field goal attempt rate taking 50% of his FGA from 3, and he converts them at a well above average 38% clip. This is quite efficient. Combine that with and his low usage rate makes him a good fit to space Kyle and DD.
    The five man lineup of DD, AJ, KL, TRoss and JV was +9 per 100 possessions before DD's injury. That's the best rate for any five man lineup to get major minutes with JV at the C.

The case against Terrence Ross:

We all know it.

/ I would not be unhappy if he sat, but I do think he should get a solid opportunity in his old role. 3 games. Less if he's a tire fire.
    All I'm saying is he should earn it... Let him ride the pine for three games then give him a chance, it should (hopefully) ignite the competitive fire in him.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    TeamEd wrote: View Post

He's 21 of 97 in 3p% and 24 of 97 in eFG%. He's the best wing shooter on the team by a ways. Kyle is 40. Lou is 50. GV is 67.
    He's 15 of 97 in highest 3pt field goal attempt rate taking 50% of his FGA from 3, and he converts them at a well above average 38% clip. This is quite efficient. Combine that with and his low usage rate makes him a good fit to space Kyle and DD.
    The five man lineup of DD, AJ, KL, TRoss and JV was +9 per 100 possessions before DD's injury. That's the best rate for any five man lineup to get major minutes with JV at the C.

We all know it.

/ I would not be unhappy if he sat, but I do think he should get a solid opportunity in his old role. 3 games. Less if he's a tire fire.
    I'm gonna stick by Ross.

People here can keep pointing the finger at him and thinking he sucks but he is the least of our concerns right now.

He is still improving too. I say a change of system (of the better variety) followed by a true evaluation of him is a fair point.

MU has said as much that "we need to be patient with Ross and JV"

Leave a comment:

• TeamEd
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Ignore this. He was unproductive before DD in his given position and didn't flourish in is natural position with DD out. He should have to earn that time back... I would be furious if I'm JJ and I'm sent back to the bench after being the only man to bring it every fucking game

We all know it.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    i'd rather JJ or DD force a shot in the paint then Ross forcing a shot from deep
    With three point shooters out there you pull the defenders out of the paint making it easy for JJ and DD to operate in the paint.

Teams could play zone and shut us down.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    the only way it could work is if DD can take on reserved role and be a floor spacer on corners. He's decent from there. Otherwise PNR and driving overall will suffer because opponent can pack the paint.
    i'd rather JJ or DD force a shot in the paint then Ross forcing a shot from deep

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    if thats the case, why bother taking ross out?
    No idea. I don't like that move personally.

But for what it's worth

WHOLE 5 MINUTES GUYS

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    the only way it could work is if DD can take on reserved role and be a floor spacer on corners. He's decent from there. Otherwise PNR and driving overall will suffer because opponent can pack the paint.
    if thats the case, why bother taking ross out? demar just sitting in the corners would be a HUGE misuse of talent.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Anyone think that the lack of 3 point shooting (if JJ started with DeRozan) to be much less of a concern than everyone's letting on? After all, it's more than possible to create open looks inside the arc.

And at the very least, it'll keep our "chucking" to a minimum

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Anyone think that the lack of 3 point shooting (if JJ started with DeRozan) to be much less of a concern than everyone's letting on? After all, it's more than possible to create open looks inside the arc.

And at the very least, it'll keep our "chucking" to a minimum
    I don't think it's just about the lack of 3 pt shooting, but spacing in general. Our frontcourt wouldn't even have good mid-range shooters, nevermind 3pt range.

I think it would be a pretty big concern and the lineup probably isn't a great idea.. Maybe not as catastrophic as us fans think. But we fans tend to be a little overdramatic about such things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X