Cuándo Jose Consigue Negociado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuándo Jose Consigue Negociado?

I thought the Spanish title "When does Jose get traded?" might catch a few peoples attention. Did I get it?

Anyhow, so far tonight at various other boards the hot topic seems to be fans wanting Calderon traded. Last year I found it hilarious that the excuse of why he was ineffective especially on defence was, "Oh, its only because his hamstring. Just wait till Jose's 100%". Sooooo, that was last year, what's the excuse now?

Offensively, I'm happy and am expecting the numbers he's gotten, but night's like tonight should never happen defensively. Now I missed the game, so please don't hesitate to tell me if you think I'm totally out of line, but how do you give up 30 points to someone like Chalmers, albeit he likely wasn't guarding him all night, but still.

So, how feasible do you sincerely think it is to even trade Jose now? Is a 3 year, $27 million dollar contract attractive to other NBA teams? Perhaps other teams who have a better supporting defensive core to bail him out so his shortcomings aren't as noticable? Or are we writing him too quickly and over the next while with hopefully a stronger emphasis on defence he can improve along with his teammates.

Thoughts?

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    but how do you give up 30 points to someone like Chalmers, albeit he likely wasn't guarding him all night, but still.
    The fact of the matter is that Jarret Jack was brought in for the sole purpose of making sure that if Jose struggles then he can take over and guard the more athletic guards. So far he has been a defensive faliure as well so the blame can go all around.

So, how feasible do you sincerely think it is to even trade Jose now?
    Not feasible enough. If the team was a better defensive team then Jose wouldn't really be a major problem. Trading your best point guard will affect other players in your rotation and the Raptors are still busy trying to find some consistency out there. Not to mention that Jose and Bosh are tight, do you really want to shake things out now that Chris Bosh is heading towards free agency?! I say this issue with Jose can and should be waited until the January or the trade deadline.

Is a 3 year, $27 million dollar contract attractive to other NBA teams?
    Depends who you ask. How big is the need they have for a point guard and can you get an adequate enough replacement?! Its always tough when you trade your starting PG.

Perhaps other teams who have a better supporting defensive core to bail him out so his shortcomings aren't as noticable?
    There arent too many on the list. Although I do think if there is a way to pry Rodney Stuckey from the Pistons then its the kind of PG the Raptors might need to in order to reach that next level.

Comment

Working...
    X