X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

If we sweep this road trip heads will fall off from turning so hard.
    Something will have to happen with Fred and/or Gary whether before the deadline or in the off-season. Paying both doesn't seem smart. You can definitely build around Scottie, OG and Pascal though, especially if the team turns it around like they did last season.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Well, no one said 1 game. I said it will be fascinating to see how much they can build on this. If they sweep this road trip, for example, that may turn some heads.
    If we sweep this road trip heads will fall off from turning so hard.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    ****edit My mistake, it's up

not to base it on a two game sample but tonight will be one to watch also (albeit against the defending champs)

Speaking of which, Primer , I know you're not used to the win but you've got a chance to match the best thread starter of the year (not a humble brag...I don't know who it is but I know we won 3 games in a row once this year). It's gameday. Let's talk box and one!
    If I'm the catalyst for turning this season around, I'll take it.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    ****edit My mistake, it's up

not to base it on a two game sample but tonight will be one to watch also (albeit against the defending champs)

Speaking of which, Primer , I know you're not used to the win but you've got a chance to match the best thread starter of the year (not a humble brag...I don't know who it is but I know we won 3 games in a row once this year). It's gameday. Let's talk box and one!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah, making a decision based on 1 game is very dumb and not a Masai move.

Wins like this only help our trade leverage and player values. We are less desperate and our players are more appealing because they're winning.
    Well, no one said 1 game. I said it will be fascinating to see how much they can build on this. If they sweep this road trip, for example, that may turn some heads.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I haven't seen too many people hoping they "rip it apart" nor dpo I thik Masai needs any convincing whatsoever not to. But yes, what might be seen as a major move is needed and desireable imo. A good game or even a few should do nothing to alter the course that half a season has set.
    Yeah, making a decision based on 1 game is very dumb and not a Masai move.

Wins like this only help our trade leverage and player values. We are less desperate and our players are more appealing because they're winning.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Fantastic game. Fascinating to see whether they can build off this and convince Masai not to rip the whole thing apart or if this is a blip and plans continue unabated.
    I haven't seen too many people hoping they "rip it apart" nor dpo I thik Masai needs any convincing whatsoever not to. But yes, what might be seen as a major move is needed and desireable imo. A good game or even a few should do nothing to alter the course that half a season has set.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Fantastic game. Fascinating to see whether they can build off this and convince Masai not to rip the whole thing apart or if this is a blip and plans continue unabated.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Just finished watching the game. Probably one of Precious' best game of his career. People here laughed at me last year for saying that I wouldn't trade Precious for Holmes that Precious > Holmes.

A lot of people here wanted to trade for Holmes for some reason. Y'all would still trade Precious for Holmes? lol.

Scottie only had 7 points but I though he played very well. I think he had 10-11 assists?

Defensively, probably their best defensive performance of the year? that's how they played last year. Energy/effort. It's STILL there

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

That's all true.. but its really about the return. We shouldn't make a trade if we're getting a bad return. Say some not great player with 2-3 years on his contract and a really late first round pick.

Our management is really bad at free agency so I'd prefer they not keep the space open either. I just think that its sometimes better to let a player walk then it would be to trade them and get a bad return.
    What you're saying is true but obvious, don't make a bad trade.

All of the rumored trades for Fred and Gary have had what I consider good returns. None have included bad contracts with 2-3 years on them.

Fournier is the worst contract I've seen in a rumor and he's only got 1 year left on his deal. We'd also be getting an extra pick for eating his contract which makes it worthwhile in my opinion. He's declining but not totally useless.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

They've been following up good games with complete duds this season. Hopefully they've turned a corner and can start playing with some consistency.
    They got their teeth kicked in by the Warriors at home earlier in the year, and that was without Steph. And they're next. So that's a really big test for this group. The Warriors have a mediocre record but are excellent at home. It's not going to be easy.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

They were playing with a real sense of urgency last night but it's hard to maintain that for an extended period of time. We'll see how sustainable it is over 7 games in 12 days.
    They've been following up good games with complete duds this season. Hopefully they've turned a corner and can start playing with some consistency.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

You're starting to get it.
    They’re playing for contracts and stats. I said that months ago.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I only watched the first quarter and they were closing off gaps and driving lanes like it was peak 2020. Rotating with machine like precision. And that was the starting lineup... before Precious got into the game. Like where TF has this been all year? Maybe the trade rumors have lit a fire under them. Who knows?

It's all about effort and attention to detail. Mostly effort. That's why Nurse blew a gasket and won't talk about effort anymore.
    They were playing with a real sense of urgency last night but it's hard to maintain that for an extended period of time. We'll see how sustainable it is over 7 games in 12 days.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I only watched the first quarter and they were closing off gaps and driving lanes like it was peak 2020. Rotating with machine like precision. And that was the starting lineup... before Precious got into the game. Like where TF has this been all year? Maybe the trade rumors have lit a fire under them. Who knows?

It's all about effort and attention to detail. Mostly effort. That's why Nurse blew a gasket and won't talk about effort anymore.
    You're starting to get it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X