No announcement yet.

Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its terrible asset management to take a guy who was 9th pick, proved him self to be a very good player and trade him for no shot at greater value. Demar has done enough to prove himself worth around a 5th pick straight up, not a 7th which is all randle should be thought of at this point + another asset. The guy is just coming into his prime, he can be kept and still be good when our window comes. That's a lateral move at best.
    If you gave them Lowry, 20 and even threw in an Amir s&t if they wanted him I'm on board because With lowrys age he has no part in our future and will only depreciate in value.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Especially keeping in mind it's not just DeMar, it's only one guaranteed year of DeMar. Randle would be a really good return for a one year DeMar rental plus the Raps pick. LA would have to really be going all in on Kobe's last season. They would probably want Lowry more....
      As mentioned above, though - it's not just a rental. It gets you his Bird rights, which gets you the inside track on resigning him. Plus, it probably signals a temporary tear down for the Raps, which gives the 1st rounder potential for high value.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Especially keeping in mind it's not just DeMar, it's only one guaranteed year of DeMar. Randle would be a really good return for a one year DeMar rental plus the Raps pick. LA would have to really be going all in on Kobe's last season. They would probably want Lowry more....
        draps wrote: View Post
        I think its terrible asset management to take a guy who was 9th pick, proved him self to be a very good player and trade him for no shot at greater value. Demar has done enough to prove himself worth around a 5th pick straight up, not a 7th which is all randle should be thought of at this point + another asset. The guy is just coming into his prime, he can be kept and still be good when our window comes. That's a lateral move at best.
        If you gave them Lowry, 20 and even threw in an Amir s&t if they wanted him I'm on board because With lowrys age he has no part in our future and will only depreciate in value.
        So one poster thinks we're getting back too much, and another thinks we aren't getting enough. Sounds like a good trade to me
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
          His contract status is critical - you have to trade a superstar for a better return if you're looking at one guaranteed year remaining.

The only thing that could shift things in the Raps favour would be if DeMar gave assurances he would re-sign in LA (as JimiCliff mentioned).
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

His contract status is critical - you have to trade a superstar for a better return if you're looking at one guaranteed year remaining.

The only thing that could shift things in the Raps favour would be if DeMar gave assurances he would re-sign in LA (as JimiCliff mentioned).
            Nobody would be worried about demar not resigning in LA, if there was any other team in the league he could play for its the lakers, he spent the first 18 years of his life dreaming about it

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
              Would you rather Randle or their pick this year? Because I think if you're giving up Derozan and a first, and they're not top 3, you can probably pick.
              I'd do pick.

I mean, is no one else concerned with Randle being fragile? Especially given his body type (fairly heavy dude). I was watching the first Lakers game of the season where he broke his leg. It was so random and seemed so harmless.

So yeah, if the choice is between a heavy, below the rim PF who could be a chronic injury concern or a top pick, I'll take the pick.

What's Randle's ceiling anyway? He's talented no doubt....But now you've got fragility concerns. He's a below the rim player. His physical tools are pretty average by NBA standards. Hasn't displayed much range. And who knows if he'll have any value on D.

I'd rather roll the dice on a fresh pick.

Comment

I feel like right now as the team is constructed, we are still building the house. We have laid a foundation and built the frame of the house with cheap particle board and there are holes for the windows but they haven't been put in yet. Time to look at the catalog to find out what kind of windows we want in this place.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I'd do pick.

I mean, is no one else concerned with Randle being fragile? Especially given his body type (fairly heavy dude). I was watching the first Lakers game of the season where he broke his leg. It was so random and seemed so harmless.

So yeah, if the choice is between a heavy, below the rim PF who could be a chronic injury concern or a top pick, I'll take the pick.

What's Randle's ceiling anyway? He's talented no doubt....But now you've got fragility concerns. He's a below the rim player. His physical tools are pretty average by NBA standards. Hasn't displayed much range. And who knows if he'll have any value on D.

I'd rather roll the dice on a fresh pick.
                  I agree 100%. I think Randle will be a quality player but I would prefer one of the top 5 in this draft.

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  I feel like right now as the team is constructed, we are still building the house. We have laid a foundation and built the frame of the house with cheap particle board and there are holes for the windows but they haven't been put in yet. Time to look at the catalog to find out what kind of windows we want in this place.
                  I think we need to take a closer look at that cheap particle board foundation and frame...

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                    I agree 100%. I think Randle will be a quality player but I would prefer one of the top 5 in this draft.

I think we need to take a closer look at that cheap particle board foundation and frame...
                    I'm concerned with our incompetent general contractor who seems to ignore certain quality materials at his disposal. and to make matters worse he confuses the hell out of his sub contractors. an electrician will approach him and ask a question about wiring the lights, and he'll yell "pound the rock! Go go go!" The electrician of course knows his job doesn't involve rocks of any kind, but he needs a cheque to support his family so he smiles and continues on, without knowing what he's supposed to do.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I'm concerned with our incompetent general contractor who seems to ignore certain quality materials at his disposal. and to make matters worse he confuses the hell out of his sub contractors. an electrician will approach him and ask a question about wiring the lights, and he'll yell "pound the rock! Go go go!" The electrician of course knows his job doesn't involve rocks of any kind, but he needs a cheque to support his family so he smiles and continues on, without knowing what he's supposed to do.
                      This made me laugh out loud at work, well played Keon. Well played.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Meanwhile the Project Manager has been extremely evasive when pushed re: the direction this project is taking and the disappointing progress of the past few months. "Right now we're evaluating everything, everything is on the table" is all he would say while he stood on-site frowning at the lopsided structure. He seemed to avoid standing too close to the building or touching anything, and when invited to take a walk through he said "no thanks, you go ahead" and went back to his truck.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Meanwhile the Project Manager has been extremely evasive when pushed re: the direction this project is taking and the disappointing progress of the past few months. "Right now we're evaluating everything, everything is on the table" is all he would say while he stood on-site frowning at the lopsided structure. He seemed to avoid standing too close to the building or touching anything, and when invited to take a walk through he said "no thanks, you go ahead" and went back to his truck.
                          Upon pulling off the job site, he added "hey contractor, where's that amazing worker I gave you, the one with the neck tattoo?"

"he was too good, he was making the rest of my older staff look bad so he's in the back working with those Brazilians first year trainees"
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Everyone needs to stop the Randle + pick trade for DD ... seriously stop it.

I am willing to bet anyone of you that such a deal will not go through. Listen to ESPN 710 and read LA papers and ...
                            Listen to guys like Michael Thompson, Ramona Shelburne,John Ireland and other Lakers insiders.

Lakers is content with letting 2015-2016 season be all about Kobe and his goodbye season. They have big plans for this pick, for Randle and their future cap space.

They are in no rush. They know they are in WEST and they know small moves will not get them through the hump. They tried and they failed and they learnt their lessons.

So stop living in a fantasy land, Lakers are not after DD which is at best 3rd best option in a NBA championship team. They are after guys like Westbrooks or ...

Comment

Working...
                            X