JJ and Lowry bad blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zainab wrote: View Post
    I'm sure it must be a part of code of conduct to not swear....like I mean they are professionals at the end of the day.

I remember when this one NBA posted something on twitter and was fined by the NBA....so I thought they had to at least pretend to not see all the mean stuff people write.
    Wouldn't that violate freedom of speech. Even if there is an agreed upon standard of offensive words would stfu be punishable. Dress code is easier to establish than speech

Comment

I'm sure it must be a part of code of conduct to not swear....like I mean they are professionals at the end of the day.

I remember when this one NBA posted something on twitter and was fined by the NBA....so I thought they had to at least pretend to not see all the mean stuff people write.
      Technically he didn't swear, neither did Scraptor. I did and if the NBA fines me, I'n OK with it.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Well Lou Williams is not the president of the United States. They are professional athletes not professional pr men. A lot worse goes on in the dressing room. Fans better get thick skin and take what comes to them if they're gonna dish it out.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Never text, use Twitter or Instagram. I'n the unreal keon.
          You don't text? Are you amish?

Comment

• http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/...andon-jennings

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/3/1...ew-york-knicks

If these 2 people can be fined for "free speech".....then shouldn't the same apply....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              You don't text? Are you amish?
              Nah, just Stone Age.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/...andon-jennings

If these 2 people can be fined for "free speech".....then shouldn't the same apply....
                If someone is trashing you or your friend, intentionally provoking you, you should be able to say whatever the f you want, professional or not.

In any case, it WAS professional to use an abbreviation. Now he can say he was saying "Feel our happiness" or "friendly old hello".

Comment

• zainab goin after lou's pockets

Comment

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/...andon-jennings

Completely diff. as I see it....the dink JR threatened Jennings with a thug to do him bodily harm.

In case you missed it, Rice of the NFL Ravens knocked his wife out and the commish there initially gave him a slap on the wrist. As always, being a "professional" has different shades and definitions.

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                      zainab goin after lou's pockets
                      Maybe I should be a part of the fine police..hahah - no pun intended

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                        zainab goin after lou's pockets
                        No kidding. Was watching sportscentre last night and with the Leafs it's turning into the players vs. their own fans. Let's try not to do the same, especially in one of our most successful seasons ever. Not very becoming of Toronto.

Comment

No kidding. Was watching sportscentre last night and with the Leafs it's turning into the players vs. their own fans. Let's try not to do the same, especially in one of our most successful seasons ever. Not very becoming of Toronto.
                          Knicks misery ends this season. Leafs can't do anything. They are contractually obligated to suck

Comment

True say ... Seriously doubt any Fan on this site would be booing except if it was directed to dwayne casey because we can't be mad with our players..
                            Patience is the best .. sad to see them get boo'd they don't deserve that.. but fans will be fans ... at least booing shows they care.

Gotta admit the games are amongst the most expensive in the whole NBA.. Don't you remember last seasons playoffs? We had the most expensive tickets in the WHOLE NBA . So fans got a right to do as they wish at the end of the day, right or wrong.
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Posts like this piss me right off. Lowry has been in MVP conversations this year, and he's been doing it by being the heart and soul LEADER of this team and LAYING HIS BODY on the line night in and night out. The guy brings it and has been nothing short of a true professional and you still got fans of OUR team taking pot shots at him.

D bag ways? Shit like that doesn't last? Do you even know the whole story? He was NEVER a JR Smith, Ricky Davis, Ron Artest douche bag. He was a head strong alpha dog in his EARLY 20's. His problem was needing to accept that he needs to cool his jets and he doesn't know everything about everything when it comes to winning basketball games. He matured. He realized the error in his ways. Now leave the guy be.
                              Say what you will about JR Smith, Ricky Davis and Ron Artest, but none of those players ever out-and-out quit on their team, like Lowry did with the Rockets. Oh wait, am I not supposed to say that out loud? Now that we're winning (kind of) and everything's good (kind of)? Does that make me less of a fan? Does acknowledging that mean that I can't also respect and enjoy how incredibly Lowry's been playing over the last year and a bit?

The majority of Lowry's career was defined by his attitude. Pull up any article about him, and that's going to be bolded and highlighted. Now, maybe a single conversation with Masai can actually change someone's life forever. Or maybe it's just a matter of having a kid, growing up and figuring it out. But it's going to take more than a year of good behaviour before I stop being curious. If that pisses you off, so be it.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                                True say ... Seriously doubt any Fan on this site would be booing except if it was directed to dwayne casey because we can't be mad with our players..
                                Patience is the best .. sad to see them get boo'd they don't deserve that.. but fans will be fans ... at least booing shows they care.

Gotta admit the games are amongst the most expensive in the whole NBA.. Don't you remember last seasons playoffs? We had the most expensive tickets in the WHOLE NBA . So fans got a right to do as they wish at the end of the day, right or wrong.
                                I would have no problem booing repeated stupid play. That is, going long stretches without scoring because we're taking terrible shots, not calling timeouts to address issues, and giving up 30+ points per quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X