No announcement yet.

Game #40: Toronto Raptors 93 - New Orleans Pelicans 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made the joke in this thread about Casey saying that he put Greivis, because of his body? This is hilarious
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Also nobody even complained about the horrible play we got to try and tie the game

Everyone knows Casey doesn't know how to design end of game plays.

A fade away air ball from DD sounds like Casey.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Yea, the turnaround this team has made is astonishing. I wish they just never played well so I wouldnt get my hopes up
        But the point was that in reality they did not play well....at least for most of games but were getting away with it...until opposing coaches figured their game out. They shot their way out most nights....even a Korver works for his shot rather than just hoisting it up.

Comment

• Went to this game yesterday.. had nice tickets behind the Raptors bench. Some comments:

- Ross had terrible body language even for him. Never really stood up when a timeout happened. Sulked a lot, and sat on the bench a lot. When he was on the court briefly in the first he never moved around. Just stayed stagnant. I have no idea what happened to him, but Masai might have to trade him for the betterment of the team.
          - Fields and Chuck were always engaged. Fields looked like he was was interested in Casey's play and Hayes was a second couch out there, discussing tactics with the assistants.
          - Steemer seemed to have been hired just to help develop JV. He was helping him with post moves during the shoot around and talking to him a lot during timeouts.
          - JV was really bad in the first. My wife who never watches the game was making fun of him. He bobbled the ball twice I think, missed a gimme, fouled unnecessarily. Just a bad first quarter.
          - Amir looked slower live then on tv. I don't know if he's always in pain, but if we could afford it he should take a month off. Hopefully the all-star break will help him. Ajinca should never have gone off.. Amir is just not as fast as he once was.
          - Lou is just a smart player on offense. He seems to have a knack for getting fouled on a three point attempt. He should have played in the final seconds. Would have rather seen him try to shoot instead of DeMar.
          - Speaking of that last play.. a lot of the crowd were already leaving the arena during the Raptors final timeout.. they had no faith in the Raptors making that play.
          - We had absolutely no impact from the SF position.. hence the reason why Evans went off. GV was doing well hence the minutes I guess.. but DD should have been covering Evans instead of GV.
          - Leo got a lot of cheers when they were honoring him. I guess a lot of fans likes what he does. Found that kind of surprising to be honest.
          - One of the best things about going to a game live is their mascot. He's a lot of fun. Even when they were losing to one of the worst teams in the league, I had a good time.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Went to this game yesterday.. had nice tickets behind the Raptors bench. Some comments:

- Ross had terrible body language even for him. Never really stood up when a timeout happened. Sulked a lot, and sat on the bench a lot. When he was on the court briefly in the first he never moved around. Just stayed stagnant. I have no idea what happened to him, but Masai might have to trade him for the betterment of the team.
            - Fields and Chuck were always engaged. Fields looked like he was was interested in Casey's play and Hayes was a second couch out there, discussing tactics with the assistants.
            - Steemer seemed to have been hired just to help develop JV. He was helping him with post moves during the shoot around and talking to him a lot during timeouts.
            - JV was really bad in the first. My wife who never watches the game was making fun of him. He bobbled the ball twice I think, missed a gimme, fouled unnecessarily. Just a bad first quarter.
            - Amir looked slower live then on tv. I don't know if he's always in pain, but if we could afford it he should take a month off. Hopefully the all-star break will help him. Ajinca should never have gone off.. Amir is just not as fast as he once was.
            - Lou is just a smart player on offense. He seems to have a knack for getting fouled on a three point attempt. He should have played in the final seconds. Would have rather seen him try to shoot instead of DeMar.
            - Speaking of that last play.. a lot of the crowd were already leaving the arena during the Raptors final timeout.. they had no faith in the Raptors making that play.
            - We had absolutely no impact from the SF position.. hence the reason why Evans went off. GV was doing well hence the minutes I guess.. but DD should have been covering Evans instead of GV.
            - Leo got a lot of cheers when they were honoring him. I guess a lot of fans likes what he does. Found that kind of surprising to be honest.
            - One of the best things about going to a game live is their mascot. He's a lot of fun. Even when they were losing to one of the worst teams in the league, I had a good time.
            He wasn't on the floor? If there's one player on the roster who can make a crazy game winner with 1.6 seconds, it's Lou Williams AND HE WASN'T EVEN ON THE FLOOR?????? WHAT THE FUCK CASEY?
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Nah. I don't think firing Casey mid-season is realistic, to be honest. There's not many coaches out there that excite me to the point that I think it's worth dropping Casey mid-season.

But I've always said that the teams playoff performance will probably be make/break for Casey.

The team should seriously consider making a move before All-Star break though. And not just flipping expiring contracts and picks. I wonder what guys like Amir, GV and Ross would return in a trade.
              We have two assistant coaches that would make better head coaches than Casey in Nurse and Bayno. Fire Casey and promote one of those guys. No need to look around the NBA. It will be straight addition by subtraction, like getting Josh Smith out of Detroit. It would also cost us nothing since Nurse and Bayno are already under contract. I for one would like to see them get an audition at the job, then we know if we need to look outside the organization or not this offseason.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                We have two assistant coaches that would make better head coaches than Casey in Nurse and Bayno. Fire Casey and promote one of those guys. No need to look around the NBA. It will be straight addition by subtraction, like getting Josh Smith out of Detroit. It would also cost us nothing since Nurse and Bayno are already under contract. I for one would like to see them get an audition at the job, then we know if we need to look outside the organization or not this offseason.
                Do you have any evidence to suggest that? And I'm talking NBA evidence, not D League.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Also nobody even complained about the horrible play we got to try and tie the game

Everyone knows Casey doesn't know how to design end of game plays.

A fade away air ball from DD sounds like Casey.
                  1 sec left on the clock. Catch and shoot situation. Who else do you want to see shoot the ball? Lowry was struggling all game, well he's been struggling for 6-7 games now.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Do you have any evidence to suggest that? And I'm talking NBA evidence, not D League.
                    Casey is stupid and contributes nothing. That's enough to make a change

Comment

• I want Casey out.

*Malcolm X voice *
                      BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                        I want Casey out.

*Malcolm X voice *
                        BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
                        I want Casry out, Bayno in then Nurse promoted then Casey in to replace Bayno and but under a short leash and Triano to replace Nurse then MU to go to the Leafs and Bebe to replace MU and Bruno to cover for Bebe. Fields should be cut.

Comment

• I haven't been here much lately (work) and I missed most of yesterdays game unfortunately, only the second time this year (work again), and I'm sure this was discussed earlier...but can anyone in their right mind justify Vasquez playing perimeter D against the shot taker on the last play of the game??? At all? Why do we have James Johnson anyways??
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I haven't been here much lately (work) and I missed most of yesterdays game unfortunately, only the second time this year (work again), and I'm sure this was discussed earlier...but can anyone in their right mind justify Vasquez playing perimeter D against the shot taker on the last play of the game??? At all? Why do we have James Johnson anyways??
                            i was saying the same exact thing when casey didn't start JJ against carmelo and lebron (when derozan was out)

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I haven't been here much lately (work) and I missed most of yesterdays game unfortunately, only the second time this year (work again), and I'm sure this was discussed earlier...but can anyone in their right mind justify Vasquez playing perimeter D against the shot taker on the last play of the game??? At all? Why do we have James Johnson anyways??
                              Our brains all collectively exploded. Not a new experience for Raptors fans.

Comment

• Knicks up 12 vs Pelicans. Just so you know

Comment

Working...
                                X