X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles Plumlee anyone?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...-miles-plumlee
    Mamba Mentality

just saw that. not so sure about his game but mostly due to not seeing him much. is he that much worse than his brother. would it be something where robin lopez looked that much worse than brook but then wound up being ok? might be what we're looking for. that is, if we can't get ajinca

Comment

Tbh I wouldn't even bother unless he comes super cheap. He's not good defensively, is only good for picking up scraps offensively and we already have two young centers that we're developping.

Comment

Mason is more athletic and more upside, but Miles is still pretty solid. Around all star break last season he was averaging 10 and 10, it's just Alex Len has come along and replaced him. He would be an awesome backup to JV, way better than what we have now

Comment

I like him as a backup C, but not worth "at least one 1st round pick", unless it was heavily protected (but then I don't like tying up an asset for potentially several years while the conditions are in effect). If they'd take a pair of 2nd round picks, I could get behind such a move.

Comment

Suns must be delusional, nobody is giving you a 1st for Miles Plumlee
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

Plumlee = young, legit 7 footer, energy guy, great rebounder. Type of player we need. Perfect backup for JV. Maybe they can play togehter too.

Not sure if i'd trade a 1st round pick for him but if it's in the 20's again. Why not?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Plumlee = young, legit 7 footer, energy guy, great rebounder. Type of player we need. Perfect backup for JV. Maybe they can play togehter too.

Not sure if i'd trade a 1st round pick for him but if it's in the 20's again. Why not?
                  I wouldn't give up a pick in the 20's for him.

Would you give up Bruno for Plumlee?

Comment

who told you he was 7 feet? anyways, i like his energy and athleticism as well. (he's also second on the suns in defensive rating). we shouldn't just give away first rounders though, especially if we need to make a bigger move later on.

Comment

Because you can maybe draft as good or better a player with that pick. Plumlee was drafted 26th in 2012.

Also, just want to point out that Plumlee is already 26 years old, so he's not really that young. And while he's tall, he's really not long, so he looks a lot like an undersized C when he plays. I had to look up his height to double check, because I swear he looks like he's 6'9'' or 6'10'' when he's playing out there, not 7''.

He's a decent backup level player. He doesn't try to do too much and finds ways to be at least somewhat effective despite his unspectacular talent level...But he's so not worth a 1st round pick.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jan 19, 2015, 07:35 PM. Reason: typo on draft year

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                        who told you he was 7 feet? anyways, i like his energy and athleticism as well. (he's also second on the suns in defensive rating). we shouldn't just give away first rounders though, especially if we need to make a bigger move later on.
                        He doesn't look like it eh? But his draft measurements had him at 6'10.5" without shoes, and just a shade under 7" with shoes. Again, he's really just not that long.

Comment

He's 6'11 just so everyone is aware.

Comment

Frontcourt Help

Its no secret that the raptors need some help in the paint(22nd in rebounding)

Miles Plumlee

Scouting report
                            + High level athlete who likes to play above the rim; rolls hard out of pick-and-rolls
                            + Runs the floor extremely well and changes ends well in transition
                            + Good positional defender and excellent rebounder

Analysis
                            Getting traded to Phoenix may have saved Plumlee's career and will certainly earn him a lot more money when he signs his second contract. After being a surprise first-round pick in 2012, he barely sniffed the court in Indiana, stuck behind Roy Hibbert and Ian Mahinmi on the depth chart before being shipped to the Suns in the Luis Scola deal. The trade of Marcin Gortat on the eve of the season last October cleared the way for Plumlee to inherit the starting center position, and he never looked back from there, averaging 8 points and 8 rebounds in about 25 minutes of work.

Plumlee is a high level athlete at the center position, with a 40-plus inch vertical that he employs to great result when flying high for lobs, particularly when paired with Bledsoe in pick-and-roll actions. He's also an active offensive rebounder, cleaning the glass for putback dunks and tip-ins. As the season wore on and his scouting report was more fleshed out, teams started to take note and put a body on him. He has a mechanical post game on the blocks, as his moves aren't quite fluid, and he lacks a feathery release on hook shots and other shots not quite at the rim.

On the defensive end, Plumlee is a voracious rebounder, ranking among the league's leaders in defensive rebound percentage. He's a solid shot-blocker, too, averaging just about a block and a half per 36 minutes. He does a good job of fighting for position and moves his feet extremely well away from the paint.*

Raptors just need a jolt of energy. I feel that Miles would bring that off the bench. Gives us another rim protect and good rebounder. I feel he fits this team real well. Also it seems like his on the trade market as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...espnapi_public
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

haven't watched much of him, but it seems like he'd be used as a taller hansbrough for us? I hear he's more offence and hustle than the defensive stopper we need and not worth the asking price of a first round pick...

Comment

Working...
                              X