Game #42: Toronto Raptors 86 - Memphis Grizzlies 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should tank.

Look Knicks, Sixers are tanking and even Bank of Canada just began their tanking campaign!!!!

Tanking is the road to success!

Brought to you by Rocwell.

--

Ok, ok... need this win tonight!

Comment

I don't feel good about this game.

Conley's gonna drop 20/8
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

People keep bringing up the "league finding out" about Casey's defence as if the league is so stupid it took them years to do it. What the league has found out is that Casey's defence can be exploited with the personnel he has thus far this year. NBA defence isn't rocket science. But the luxury scientists have is the time to ponder. NBA defenders don't have that luxury. They have to make split second decisions and the decision better be right.

People couldn't figure out why Casey kept trotting out the corpse of Salmons last year. He looked awful, he was the worst shooter in the NBA by years end and his athleticism was long gone. All he had left was his brains - he made a lot of good defensive decisions which is why he ended up with fairly neutral defensive numbers and an NBA contract this year.

MU had 2 big needs by years end - bench scoring and a man defender to negate guys like Melo and Joe Johnson who torched us last year and he addressed both with Lou and JJ. But Lou is a midget by NBA SG standards and wouldn't be a plus defender no matter what system a coach runs. , JJ, is a terrific man defender, but doesn't seem to have the quick thinking (at least not yet) required by Casey's system. Look at the 2 Lowe GIF's and you'll see it's JJ's miscues that cost easy baskets.

Casey's system isn't working this year as it did last. But that doesn't mean it can't work either. Amir has to be better - he's was the lynchpin of the D last year and he's taken a big step back. Patterson has to be better - he's shows flashes this year of the defensive competence he had last year, but stretches of brutal play as well. JV is improving, but at a crawl rather than leaps and bounds. JJ might figure it out finally. Hansbrough is the one guy who fits Casey's system perfectly, but he has so many other limitations he has to be used sparingly.

But just because Casey's system isn't working doesn't mean another defensive system would either. The quartet of Lowry, Williams, Ross and Vasquez allow far too many blowby's and that's WITH the help the bigs are giving them. They are going to be exposed no matter what system is used.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

We're going to win - I dont care how many lose, every game I have the same attitude we win willl!!!!

We have to win except Casey is a dumbass - hope he has uncontrollable diarrhea and won't be able to attend the game.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            People keep bringing up the "league finding out" about Casey's defence as if the league is so stupid it took them years to do it. What the league has found out is that Casey's defence can be exploited with the personnel he has thus far this year. NBA defence isn't rocket science. But the luxury scientists have is the time to ponder. NBA defenders don't have that luxury. They have to make split second decisions and the decision better be right.

People couldn't figure out why Casey kept trotting out the corpse of Salmons last year. He looked awful, he was the worst shooter in the NBA by years end and his athleticism was long gone. All he had left was his brains - he made a lot of good defensive decisions which is why he ended up with fairly neutral defensive numbers and an NBA contract this year.

MU had 2 big needs by years end - bench scoring and a man defender to negate guys like Melo and Joe Johnson who torched us last year and he addressed both with Lou and JJ. But Lou is a midget by NBA SG standards and wouldn't be a plus defender no matter what system a coach runs. , JJ, is a terrific man defender, but doesn't seem to have the quick thinking (at least not yet) required by Casey's system. Look at the 2 Lowe GIF's and you'll see it's JJ's miscues that cost easy baskets.

Casey's system isn't working this year as it did last. But that doesn't mean it can't work either. Amir has to be better - he's was the lynchpin of the D last year and he's taken a big step back. Patterson has to be better - he's shows flashes this year of the defensive competence he had last year, but stretches of brutal play as well. JV is improving, but at a crawl rather than leaps and bounds. JJ might figure it out finally. Hansbrough is the one guy who fits Casey's system perfectly, but he has so many other limitations he has to be used sparingly.

But just because Casey's system isn't working doesn't mean another defensive system would either. The quartet of Lowry, Williams, Ross and Vasquez allow far too many blowby's and that's WITH the help the bigs are giving them. They are going to be exposed no matter what system is used.
            His system is causing the blow bys. Sending Lowry and Lou to double accomplishes nothing. Neither are tall enough to discourage passing and Lou and Ross lack the strength to prevent splitting. The predictability is what dooms the system. If you double an NBA player constantly they adjust very quickly. This is also what caused problem in the playoff against BKN, the open man eventually led to fouling three point shooters as players scrambled.

Peels have a terrible defense and Salmons is still garbage.

Comment

Also Casey ran a zone vs the Bucks with GV as the SG. Against Memphis it will be like playing no defense.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                We're going to win - I dont care how many lose, every game I have the same attitude we win willl!!!!

We have to win except Casey is a dumbass - hope he has uncontrollable diarrhea and won't be able to attend the game.
                Yes zainab , keep the hate going , don't listen to others!
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Can anyone on this forum give me any reason to think that the Raptors can win this game?

Comment

I want this guy

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

Perky cheerleader with a knife

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                        YUP. This game is over before it even begins. I wish I was working today lol.
                        It's almost as if DD had 0 points last game and we still ending up winning...

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          Can anyone on this forum give me any reason to think that the Raptors can win this game?
                          If Corey Brewer can score 51 points in a game then we can easily win a measly old basketball game.

Comment

Honestly, Raps match up best against Memphis than any other Western team besides SAS. A slow paced non-three point shooting team. Not saying they win but they stand a better chance than against GSW or Portland

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              It's the NBA and any team can beat any other team in a one off game. Any one of Lowry, Lou or Ross could get hot and we could get the win. Similarly, Gasol or Conley could go cold.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

I want this guy
                                Ka-why dontcha come to Toronto Kawhi???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X