Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #42: Toronto Raptors 86 - Memphis Grizzlies 92

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post
    One game is a pretty low sample size to draw conclusions. Like I posted earlier, IMO, if you're not normally a passing team, it's a completely different situation for a shooter. Shooters aren't expecting the pass as a first option and getting into a consistent shooting rhythm from game to game.

    Same thing happens with Lowry/Amir pick & rolls. Ever notice that Amir rarely rolls hard to the basket anymore with Lowry, like he did with Jose. It's because he knows he's got almost no chance of getting the ball. Amir knows that Lowry will head kamikaze style into a wall of defenders, so he rolls half-heartedly and positions himself for the offensive rebound. And the opposition defence knows exactly what is going to happen, too.

    Our 'shooters' are not not thinking of shot-first, their thinking of offensive rebound or getting back on D.

    Lowry missing 3's is also a different story. He's being guarded like an all-star and he's rushing everything. They're taking away time and space and forcing him to make quicker decisions. K-Low is being exposed, somewhat and rushing things. Lou is being guarded in a similar way and also forcing it. And Vasquez shouldn't even be taking as many 3's as he is. That's never been his game. PnR & floaters were his strength coming in.
    We've been missing wide open shots for the last week. It wasn't just yesterday. The 3 ball is very important to this team cause we don't have a low post option that we can actually throw it down and say get me a bucket a la Al Horford.
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      We've been missing wide open shots for the last week. It wasn't just yesterday. The 3 ball is very important to this team cause we don't have a low post option that we can actually throw it down and say get me a bucket a la Al Horford.
      Horford is not that player either I don't know where you got that from

      Players like AL Jeff and Gasol are that.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

      Comment


      • MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Horford is not that player either I don't know where you got that from

        Players like AL Jeff and Gasol are that.
        Is he not better at it than anyone on this team?
        @Chr1st1anL

        Comment


        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Is he not better at it than anyone on this team?
          Yes but AL Horford is not a player you give the ball in the low post and tell him to score
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

          Comment


          • MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Yes but AL Horford is not a player you give the ball in the low post and tell him to score
            So a 2 time all-star potential 3 time all-star can't score one on one in the post?
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              So a 2 time all-star potential 3 time all-star can't score one on one in the post?
              What does Horford being an all star have to do with him scoring on the block 1on1??

              Horford became an allstar because of defense, passing and his mid range shot not his low post capabilities

              Al Horford is NOT a low post scorer if he was he would do it all the time like Al Jeff

              Yes he can do it at times like many players but he's not a guy you give to ball to on the block and say score

              What part of that don't you understand?
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                What does Horford being an all star have to do with him scoring on the block 1on1??

                Horford became an allstar because of defense, passing and his mid range shot not his low post capabilities

                Al Horford is NOT a low post scorer if he was he would do it all the time like Al Jeff

                Yes he can do it at times like many players but he's not a guy you give to ball to on the block and say score

                What part of that don't you understand?
                I disagree with you but, I'll play along. So if Al Horford is not a post scorer but is better than JV at it. Why do you advocate so much that we should post JV more?
                @Chr1st1anL

                Comment


                • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I disagree with you but, I'll play along. So if Al Horford is not a post scorer but is better than JV at it. Why do you advocate so much that we should post JV more?
                  Because he can become a good post player, right now hes alright at it he's not terrible but certainly isnt great either

                  And I advocate more Pick and Rolls for JV as well as post ups

                  Let me as you something
                  What's you're problem with JV?

                  Has he done something to you personally that at every turn you're trying to either downplay his success or just plain nit picking?
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                  Comment


                  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Because he can become a good post player, right now hes alright at it he's not terrible but certainly isnt great either

                    And I advocate more Pick and Rolls for JV as well as post ups

                    Let me as you something
                    What's you're problem with JV?

                    Has he done something to you personally that at every turn you're trying to either downplay his success or just plain nit picking?
                    The reason why is that he can't do anything wrong. Forum members are always making excuses for him. It reminds of how people were with AB. Also his DUI rubbed me the wrong way. I have friend that's lost family members cause of that shit but of course everybody here was quick to say "his young and made a mistake". When there is no excuse for that especially when your a millionaire.

                    One more thing. If JV is alright at it than what is Horford than?
                    @Chr1st1anL

                    Comment


                    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      The reason why is that he can't do anything wrong. Forum members are always making excuses for him. It reminds of how people were with AB. Also his DUI rubbed me the wrong way. I have friend that's lost family members cause of that shit but of course everybody here was quick to say "his young and made a mistake". When there is no excuse for that especially when your a millionaire.

                      One more thing. If JV is alright at it than what is Horford than?
                      Yeah, because DeMar never had hordes of forum members making excuses for him...

                      You just don't like JV. The sooner you admit it, the less crap people will give you for what's obviously a biased opinion.

                      Comment


                      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        The reason why is that he can't do anything wrong. Forum members are always making excuses for him. It reminds of how people were with AB. Also his DUI rubbed me the wrong way. I have friend that's lost family members cause of that shit but of course everybody here was quick to say "his young and made a mistake". When there is no excuse for that especially when your a millionaire.

                        One more thing. If JV is alright at it than what is Horford than?
                        Bold : Thats just plain wrong and you know it


                        You just don't like him for whatever reasons
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                        Comment


                        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          The reason why is that he can't do anything wrong. Forum members are always making excuses for him. It reminds of how people were with AB. Also his DUI rubbed me the wrong way. I have friend that's lost family members cause of that shit but of course everybody here was quick to say "his young and made a mistake". When there is no excuse for that especially when your a millionaire.

                          One more thing. If JV is alright at it than what is Horford than?
                          Comparing Valanciunas to making excuses for Bargnani. Your credibility is shot in one fell swoop.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, because DeMar never had hordes of forum members making excuses for him...

                            You just don't like JV. The sooner you admit it, the less crap people will give you for what's obviously a biased opinion.
                            I don't know JV what reason would I have not to like him? I just don't think his as good as some of you think. I give JV credit when his having a good game. The end of the day he still hasn't done anything or proven anything to receive such admiration.
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • Sorry guys all hail JV
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I don't know JV what reason would I have not to like him? I just don't think his as good as some of you think. I give JV credit when his having a good game. The end of the day he still hasn't done anything or proven anything to receive such admiration.
                                You also nitpick like crazy.

                                You criticized him last night in this very thread for not playing good D on a broken play where Memphis got a layup and he was busy battling with Randolph for rebounding position. You basically find any excuse to make a negative comment about him, and almost never make a positive comment.

                                He's done plenty. He's putting up solid numbers in limited minutes. The only real knock on him is his defensive effectiveness, but now, finally, some people who never really took any kind of side (both Raps fans and outsiders) are acknowledging that's at least in part because of the system...and he's still often our best rim protector. Meanwhile, he's put up an above average PER since his rookie year (something it took DeMar until last year to do), has the second highest win shares and highest WS/48 on the team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X