Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Primer;n1470631]
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

You already forgot about the Poeltl trade?
    It really does seem that people completely underrate/disregard this trade that was such an addition to the current roster. Like, we pretty much added a 5th "star-level player" (6th if you count Gary) to this team without giving up any playable talent (I know very well the pick was the value going the other way).

But it's no wonder we've been a lot better since the trade.

Comment

• Not really Raptors related but I’m eager to see what the Bulls will do this summer.

Comment

• Here's what they need to do this offseason. I hope Masai is reading this because if they did what I wanted them to do last offseason they wouldn't be in this spot right now.

1. Trade Siakam. I think the Sharpe ship has sailed but why not give it a try.

2. Upgrade the 2 guard position. There are a lot of great 2 guards in this draft. Bufkin, Hawkins, Howard, George. Draft any of those guys.

3. Re-sign Fred. Can't afford to lose him for nothing. Re-sign Poeltl.

4. Get rid of the entire bench but Precious. Let Trent go.

5. SHOOTERS. More shooters. We more shooters off the bench.

Starters:

Poeltl
        Barnes
        OG
        Bufkin/Hawkins/Howard/George. Maybe Sharpe?
        Fred

Bench:

Shooters, shooters and more shooters.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• We need more shooters off the bench and get rid of Trent are pretty incompatible goals for the offseason.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            We need more shooters off the bench and get rid of Trent are pretty incompatible goals for the offseason.
            This again? I'll answer this during break time.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Here's what they need to do this offseason. I hope Masai is reading this because if they did what I wanted them to do last offseason they wouldn't be in this spot right now.

1. Trade Siakam. I think the Sharpe ship has sailed but why not give it a try.

2. Upgrade the 2 guard position. There are a lot of great 2 guards in this draft. Bufkin, Hawkins, Howard, George. Draft any of those guys.

3. Re-sign Fred. Can't afford to lose him for nothing. Re-sign Poeltl.

4. Get rid of the entire bench but Precious. Let Trent go.

5. SHOOTERS. More shooters. We more shooters off the bench.

Starters:

Poeltl
              Barnes
              OG
              Bufkin/Hawkins/Howard/George. Maybe Sharpe?
              Fred

Bench:

Shooters, shooters and more shooters.
              We can absolutely afford to lose Fred for nothing.

Try for a sign and trade but we need to move on from him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                We need more shooters off the bench and get rid of Trent are pretty incompatible goals for the offseason.
                I'm not re-signing Trent. I've made this clear after the deadline. They should've traded him at the deadline but the management fucked that up too.

1. He's unreliable. One night he'll shoot 6/9 from 3 the following night 0/10.

2. Re-signing him would cost a lot. Can we get him for 9 million per year? because that's what DiVincenzo is making who btw is a better player than Trent. DeVincenzo can shoot. He's shooting 39% from 3. He can pass, can handle the ball, he plays defense and he can actually make layups. He's not a one trick phony like Trent.

Guys, this is Trent's 3rd year with the Raptors. If you still can't see this then I surrender.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• As for sign and trade? that'll never happen. That's just Masai talking shit.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We can absolutely afford to lose Fred for nothing.

Try for a sign and trade but we need to move on from him.
                    That’s the plan.

If we can sign both Trent for a reasonable price and Yak as well…then Scottie plus OG would be so happy….VanVleet high usage and possessions can be distributed around.

Scottie will be “the guy” to decide who to get the pieces of the pie.

I really have no doubt, Pascal will fall in line.

with NN as the coach or someone else.

The possibilities and outlook of the future is bright without VanVleet in the equation

Comment

I'm not re-signing Trent. I've made this clear after the deadline. They should've traded him at the deadline but the management fucked that up too.

1. He's unreliable. One night he'll shoot 6/9 from 3 the following night 0/10.

2. Re-signing him would cost a lot. Can we get him for 9 million per year? because that's what DiVincenzo is making who btw is a better player than Trent. DeVincenzo can shoot. He's shooting 39% from 3. He can pass, can handle the ball, he plays defense and he can actually make layups. He's not a one trick phony like Trent.

Guys, this is Trent's 3rd year with the Raptors. If you still can't see this then I surrender.
                      Points 1 and 2 apply even more to Fred than Gary. Gary is shooting a ton better than Fred and will cost less.

Comment

• And of course notsogreat one wont say how much he’d offer fred. Scared

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          And of course notsogreat one wont say how much he’d offer fred. Scared
                          I don't avoid questions, ever. I've said many times that the max I'd give him is 25. I was willing to trade him back at the deadline but as usual the management fucked that up too.

Now here's the question that I've asked you and everyone here who defends Trent. I've been asking this question since Tampa season and I haven't gotten an answer:

Other than shooting, name me an area of Trent's game that he has improved at since his ROOKIE year? finishing? getting to the line? defense? playmaking? rebounding? Remember this is his 5th season in the league.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't avoid questions, ever. I've said many times that the max I'd give him is 25. I was willing to trade him back at the deadline but as usual the management fucked that up too.

Now here's the question that I've asked you and everyone here who defends Trent. I've been asking this question since Tampa season and I haven't gotten an answer:

Other than shooting, name me an area of Trent's game that he has improved at since his ROOKIE year? finishing? getting to the line? defense? playmaking? rebounding? Remember this is his 5th season in the league.
                            Steals

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Steals
                              So......that's it? in his 5 years in the league. The only thing he's gotten better at is gambling, I mean steals? that's bad, no?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I never really considered this until now (not sure why), but is it possible Masai came to ownership with a plan to tank at the dealine and they told him "no"? Did ownership demand some playoff revenue?

Comment

Working...
                                X