Everything 2023 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2023 Off-season

I thought we might want to consolidate our discussion about our upcoming off-season in one thread. Lots of decisions to be made this year: three key free agents including one we just acquired, a draft pick that will likely be higher than we expected, and a whole lot of questions about this core. Discuss!

Poeltl and Gary will likely be re-signed.

Fred will command the most money of the 3, so not sure about him.

Comment

I look back at the Bulls championship teams and feel I want a point guard like they had for our team. BJ Armstrong, John Paxton, and Ron Harper.

We have guys besides point guards that are our primary ball handlers/creators on offense. A 3 and D point guard woudl be a great fit. Not sure wo that is, but it's what I envision.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I look back at the Bulls championship teams and feel I want a point guard like they had for our team. BJ Armstrong, John Paxton, and Ron Harper.

We have guys besides point guards that are our primary ball handlers/creators on offense. A 3 and D point guard woudl be a great fit. Not sure wo that is, but it's what I envision.
        A few candidates:

Alex Caruso, Jevon Carter, Josh Green, Dyson Daniels (future), Lonzo Ball (if healthy), Jordan Goodwin, D'Anthony Melton, Jrue Holiday, TJ McConnell, Aaron Holiday. An interesting guy is NAW, who's starting to re-invent himself as a bit of a 3&D guy.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
          Poeltl and Gary will likely be re-signed.

Fred will command the most money of the 3, so not sure about him.
          Ok..if u say so.
          Nameless 23 to Max
          G Money 25 million and above..5 years, over 125 million
          Jakob could get above 20 over 5., over 100 million..
          I wouldn't be surprised if the sign Ball Hogg to Max..rest go somewhere else..
          I mean look at this trade deadline line, did u anyone think they stand pat and be a buyer.. lol..they are buyer, for what..2 get s&$^ on by Boston, Bucks..so dumb.
          I was so confident in this management, not anymore.. they make Charlotte, Wizards look Good, pathetic.
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Is there still a way to get something back for Fred after the season?

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
              Is there still a way to get something back for Fred after the season?
              Sign and trade might be possible, depending on teams interested in his services.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Sign and trade might be possible, depending on teams interested in his services.
                Thank you! Just like with Lowry, right? Also, any possibility we can get another good FA if ours go away?

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Thank you! Just like with Lowry, right? Also, any possibility we can get another good FA if ours go away?
                  Yes, like Lowry. I'm not sure about free agency. We should have space if fvv, Gary, and poeltl walk, but I can't say how much and I also haven't explored who might be available in the offseason. There are others here who can break that down for you, and probably will once they see your question.

Comment

They took care of the problems at C by trading for Jakob. They still need depth and shooting though. Hope they address this in the off season.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      They took care of the problems at C by trading for Jakob. They still need depth and shooting though. Hope they address this in the off season.
                      Well step 1 is Masai acknowledged the team needs more shooting.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Did they really?

Comment

Not good with cap stuff need help here...

So if these are salaries just guesses. Jakob 22, fred 28, gary 24 next ssn we’re at 174m or 12m over luxury?

if so seems likely boucher would have to be dumped at 12m?

if thats thebcase i just dont get it. Wed lose a key bench piece. Some nights hes the only bench scorer. And we need bench depth. Why not do that at trade deadline and sign poetl outright in the summer and save our picks at least?

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            Not good with cap stuff need help here...

So if these are salaries just guesses. Jakob 22, fred 28, gary 24 next ssn we’re at 174m or 12m over luxury?

if so seems likely boucher would have to be dumped at 12m?

if thats thebcase i just dont get it. Wed lose a key bench piece. Some nights hes the only bench scorer. And we need bench depth. Why not do that at trade deadline and sign poetl outright in the summer and save our picks at least?
                            I went over a scenario in the cap/tax thread.

The reason we didn't wait for the offseason is the cap is way below the tax, so there's no way we'd have cap room to sign Jak unless we already had his Bird Rights to let us exceed the cap for him.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I went over a scenario in the cap/tax thread.

The reason we didn't wait for the offseason is the cap is way below the tax, so there's no way we'd have cap room to sign Jak unless we already had his Bird Rights to let us exceed the cap for him.
                              Always forget about that thread thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X