Everything 2023 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Don't forget the Rico Hines runs where Raps are locking up Harden and Trae LOL.
    I partly blame the Rico Runs for our defense being bad this year. That style of basketball doesn't work in the NBA. It's good fun but Rico Runs are a bad development tool. Wish Scottie had spent the offseason drilling 3 balls and ball handling. Instead he's guarding Harden with his hands behind his back and convinced himself that's effective defense.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I partly blame the Rico Runs for our defense being bad this year. That style of basketball doesn't work in the NBA. It's good fun but Rico Runs are a bad development tool. Wish Scottie had spent the offseason drilling 3 balls and ball handling. Instead he's guarding Harden with his hands behind his back and convinced himself that's effective defense.
      Lol. Blaming Rico Hines? Really? Rico runs worked wonders for Pascal, OG, Norm, Delon and Fred. The team obviously believes in their development methods to the point that they brought in Earl Watson and Rico himself.

Comment

Really hope they will make some changes in the off season. Even from a marketing standpoint there won't be much buzz around this team if they bring everyone back and are only able to add a late lottery pick.
        100%
        But this is what they're going to do and I just can't get behind this same team plus Jak for a full season....hope to be proven wrong

Comment

yup and then every week at Rico Hines somebody would come out and tell them you are not Siakam and you are not Fred (know your role).
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yup and then every week at Rico Hines somebody would come out and tell them you are not Siakam and you are not Fred (know your role).
            I agree with this.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lol. Blaming Rico Hines? Really? Rico runs worked wonders for Pascal, OG, Norm, Delon and Fred. The team obviously believes in their development methods to the point that they brought in Earl Watson and Rico himself.
              Did you watch them? I watched a lot of them and it's bad basketball and not how you play in the NBA. No issue with it for fun or to spend time with other stars but it's not prepping you for NBA games it's instilling bad habits. Just because guys played on them doesn't mean it worked wonders for them. That's like saying playing in the all star game is a great way to elevate your play.

Comment

Did you watch them? I watched a lot of them and it's bad basketball and not how you play in the NBA. No issue with it for fun or to spend time with other stars but it's not prepping you for NBA games it's instilling bad habits. Just because guys played on them doesn't mean it worked wonders for them. That's like saying playing in the all star game is a great way to elevate your play.
                You think players only do Rico Hines pickup games, and no individual skill development work? Really?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Worked wonders for Fred, Norm, OG, Pascal and Delon. (You are not Kyle, you are not Demar). Main difference now is Nurse.

Comment

Worked wonders for Fred, Norm, OG, Pascal and Delon. (You are not Kyle, you are not Demar). Main difference now is Nurse.
                    Not really how it happened
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

LOL you never even have to look who makes these posts

Comment

We see a lot of footage of the runs, but that's a small part of their development program. Those guys are spending way more time working on their game when the cameras are off, doing the type of drills you mention. Rico runs are just a place they can implement the skills they are working on and to work on their cardio.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

100%
                          But this is what they're going to do and I just can't get behind this same team plus Jak for a full season....hope to be proven wrong
                          This team has climbed back to .500 after the majority of the season with key injuries and an incomplete roster. I would not be surprised to see this current team, with a small tweak, end up top 4 in the East next year.

Porter was penciled in to be a rotation player, he's missed basically all season.
                          Precious has missed 26 games.
                          Pascal, OG, and Gary all with 10 plus.

Lets say that adds 5 more wins to this years total, that would put us tied for 5th.

Add in the addition of Jak for the full season next year, continued growth from Scottie, Koloko, and Precious, and a rookie contributor and that's a tough group.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

This team has climbed back to .500 after the majority of the season with key injuries and an incomplete roster. I would not be surprised to see this current team, with a small tweak, end up top 4 in the East next year.

Porter was penciled in to be a rotation player, he's missed basically all season.
                            Precious has missed 26 games.
                            Pascal, OG, and Gary all with 10 plus.

Lets say that adds 5 more wins to this years total, that would put us tied for 5th.

Add in the addition of Jak for the full season next year, continued growth from Scottie, Koloko, and Precious, and a rookie contributor and that's a tough group.
                            Every team deals with injuries though and really if Porter is considered a key injury then I don't know what to tell ya. There should be no excuses for how they have played for the bulk of the season. Agree that the roster was/is incomplete but we had more than enough talent to make do and have a better season.

Fingers crossed another year of development will yield better results for next season because it doesn't look like any big changes are coming.

Comment

• Let's say they finished 5th next year. Then what? lose to the Sixers in the 1sr round? we need major changes here. We're not winning anything with the core players we have. This team's ceiling is first round.

What they need to do is prioritize the development of Barnes. Barnes last night had 18 in the 1st half. He barely got any touches in the 2nd half. How is that good for his development?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Every team deals with injuries though and really if Porter is considered a key injury then I don't know what to tell ya. There should be no excuses for how they have played for the bulk of the season. Agree that the roster was/is incomplete but we had more than enough talent to make do and have a better season.

Fingers crossed another year of development will yield better results for next season because it doesn't look like any big changes are coming.
                                Coming in he was a career 40% 3 point shooter with Championship experience. Having just played over 20 minutes a game with the Warriors, he was going to provide much needed floor spacing and be a regular rotational player, so ya, that was a key injury.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X