Everything 2023 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    (much better than somebody else's "in Toronto, they haven't tasted it")

but, TBH, after re reading the original quote, it wasn't that bad as he just was being factual that Detroit was a championship city and Toronto hadn't been there yet.

"Dwayne Casey on a potential playoff matchup with the Raptors: “It would mean a lot. This is a storied franchise in Detroit with three championship trophies you see every time you walk into the building. In Toronto they’ve never tasted it while fans in Detroit know what a championship is all about”

As an aside.....after reading the quote from Nick's presser, "I'm honored to be named head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers, a storied franchise in a tradition-rich city," Nurse said

.....when are we going to be a storied franchise?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

(much better than somebody else's "in Toronto, they haven't tasted it")

but, TBH, after re reading the original quote, it wasn't that bad as he just was being factual that Detroit was a championship city and Toronto hadn't been there yet.

"Dwayne Casey on a potential playoff matchup with the Raptors: “It would mean a lot. This is a storied franchise in Detroit with three championship trophies you see every time you walk into the building. In Toronto they’ve never tasted it while fans in Detroit know what a championship is all about”

As an aside.....after reading the quote from Nick's presser, "I'm honored to be named head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers, a storied franchise in a tradition-rich city," Nurse said

.....when are we going to be a storied franchise?
      Haha.

Another title led by No.4

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• And now that the good gigs and Pistons opening have been filled, let's see who wants to coach the Raps.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            And now that the good gigs and Pistons opening have been filled, let's see who wants to coach the Raps.
            On the bright side, most of the candidates rumored for the Raptors are still available. Sergio, Jordi, Redick, Quinn, etc.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

On the bright side, most of the candidates rumored for the Raptors are still available. Sergio, Jordi, Redick, Quinn, etc.
              aka… the scraps.

Still no Jama?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

aka… the scraps.

Still no Jama?
                I mean they were rumored even before the other teams hired, so hardly scraps. Other teams just hired recycled coaches.

Comment

I mean they were rumored even before the other teams hired, so hardly scraps. Other teams just hired recycled coaches.
                  We can’t pretend that Raps weren’t heavily linked to experienced coaches either. Very short term memory there.

Our first choice was probably Udoka, but he didn’t want to coach a 5th seed ceiling team. Second choice was probably Monty, but he was too expensive.

We’ll never know the true answer, but ‘scraps’ is as real a possibility as any.

Funny thing is how no team wants Bud, even though we did interview him in 2018.

Comment

We can’t pretend that Raps weren’t heavily linked to experienced coaches either. Very short term memory there.

Our first choice was probably Udoka, but he didn’t want to coach a 5th seed ceiling team. Second choice was probably Monty, but he was too expensive.

We’ll never know the true answer, but ‘scraps’ is as real a possibility as any.

Funny thing is how no team wants Bud, even though we did interview him in 2018.
                    Sure, Udoka and Monty were rumored, as were Becky, Redick, Quinn, Sergio and so on.

Comment

• lol
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Sure, Udoka and Monty were rumored, as were Becky, Redick, Quinn, Sergio and so on.
                        Even Becky turned us down too. Sergio is the only candidate left with high level head coaching experience. Redick hasn’t even been an assistant coach… that’s scraps. I noticed Nash dropped off the rumoured final list…. probably too expensive.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

lol
                          Other coaches continue to copy Nurse’s innovations.

Comment

aka… the scraps.

Still no Jama?
                            I haven't heard Jama's name linked to any HC jobs. Maybe he isn't ready or maybe we're over rating him?

Comment

Even Becky turned us down too. Sergio is the only candidate left with high level head coaching experience. Redick hasn’t even been an assistant coach… that’s scraps. I noticed Nash dropped off the rumoured final list…. probably too expensive.
                              Becky reportedly never made it out of the initial rumors and never had a formal meeting anyway, whether that was from her side or the Raptors, who knows. Nash also hasn't been part of the recent rumors.

Majority of them were just that, rumors.

Either way, I'd prefer Jordi, Sergio or Quinn over the pool of recycled head coaches anyway.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I haven't heard Jama's name linked to any HC jobs. Maybe he isn't ready or maybe we're over rating him?
                                Articles from last year suggested Jama is the heir apparent to Steve Kerr. Maybe he’s already set and doesn’t care about looking around.

Comment

Working...
                                X