Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miles Plumlee Toronto Raptors Bound? Center In Exchange For Terrence Ross Rumored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shantz wrote: View Post
    Green is also a solid three point shooter if he is coming the other way. Takes 0.8 more per game than Ross, and shoots an almost identical percentage (Green, 37.6%; Ross, 37.1%).

I don't give any merit to the rumor considering the source, but I do like both Green and Plumlee. My concern would be with Green's status as an unrestricted free agent this summer.
    Projecting Greens shooting from Hornacek to Casey doesn't work.

Comment

A "source" like this hardly deserves this much chatter.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        I don't know, I doubt the youth health magazine would put their reputation as one of the best basketball sites on the internet for some faulty rumor.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
          Just pull the damn trigger Masai, and make nick nurse head coach while your at it .... Should be an interesting all Star break
          Masai too busy playing with his Blackberry passport. Keeps forgetting to fire Casey.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Is Masai the only GM with an endorsement deal? That's baller even if blackberry's stink.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              Take this with a very large grain of salt because its from some site called "Your Health".

Source - Click here
              Wow. Plumlee AND Green for Ross? you do that trade in a HEARTBEAT if you're MU.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

How old is T Ross like 24? If they give up Plumlee, Green, and Ennis for Ross, Hansbrough and maybe a second rounder i'd do it

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Teen Vogue is reporting that we might trade Kyle Lowry for Tom Brady and Michael Jordan. Pull the trigger Masai!!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Wow. Plumlee AND Green for Ross? you do that trade in a HEARTBEAT if you're MU.
                    You do?

Green is a chucker who doesn't pass. It's definitely worth asking how much is PHX's high-paced system helping him look good? Not to mention he's a 28 yo who was drafted nearly a decade ago, has washed out of the league once, and only has 2 and a half solid seasons under his belt. Oh, and he's just a rental because he's expiring.

Plumlee is a 26 year old C with basically no upside.

Ross should be able to return more than that (obviously packaged with other pieces). I'd much rather we use him like we did Ed Davis to try and bring in a big-time talent (even though I was adamantly opposed to the Gay trade) than trade him for spare parts that don't have much of an impact on the team, or more importantly, much of any long-term upside.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      You do?

Green is a chucker who doesn't pass. It's definitely worth asking how much is PHX's high-paced system helping him look good? Not to mention he's a 28 yo who was drafted nearly a decade ago, has washed out of the league once, and only has 2 and a half solid seasons under his belt. Oh, and he's just a rental because he's expiring.

Plumlee is a 26 year old C with basically no upside.

Ross should be able to return more than that (obviously packaged with other pieces). I'd much rather we use him like we did Ed Davis to try and bring in a big-time talent (even though I was adamantly opposed to the Gay trade) than trade him for spare parts that don't have much of an impact on the team, or more importantly, much of any long-term upside.
                      And Ross is a 24 year old SG with basically no upside.

Come on, do you really think we can get a "big time" talent for Ross?

And i've been saying this for a while now, we need a backup C and a backup PG. Miles is no Mason but he's pretty good and a perfect fit for our team. He's an energy guy, good rebounder, he's 6'11(good size). Averaged 8/7 for the Suns last year in 24mpg.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Plumlee and Ennis sounds more fair

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          And Ross is a 24 year old SG with basically no upside.

Come on, do you really think we can get a "big time" talent for Ross?

And i've been saying this for a while now, we need a backup C and a backup PG. Miles is no Mason but he's pretty good and a perfect fit for our team. He's an energy guy, good rebounder, he's 6'11(good size). Averaged 8/7 for the Suns last year in 24mpg.
                          I do think we can get a better deal than an average backup C and a guy who's basically Ross with a bit more consistency and MUCH MUCH worse attitude.

*EDIT: Plumlee has "good size" but actually plays very small for a guy his height. Definitely not very long, and not really that quick or athletic. There's a reason PHX is trying to trade him now. His value will probably never be this high again since people still remember last season.

And again, Green is expiring and just a chucker. He does little for our team. As if we need a guy who'll diminish ball movement and worsen shot selection further.

Ross on his own can't get a big time talent, but pair him with a 1st rounder or two, along with filler, and maybe you can actually get a talented player who fits long-term. Trading him for a short-term fix in Green and a low-impact player like Plumlee is just a HUGE waste of an asset.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 22, 2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

There might be more decent trades out there for an expiring and a pick.

Comment

Biyombo is a much better backup center imo. Better defense and that is really all he would be used for. I would go after him before plumlee. also no need to trade Ross when he is at his low value, wait at least until the trade deadline.

Comment

Ross and Hands Bro + draft pick for Ennis and Plumlee?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X