Patterson: James Johnson is Raptors Vocal Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterson: James Johnson is Raptors Vocal Leader

Hmmmmm .... I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but something's going with JJ with this team. Patterson was very hesitant in answering the question about what's up with JJ not playing at the moment.

Have a listen: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/patterson-ja...eader-1.189136

PP came across pretty complimentary I thought. I have always liked JJ even in his first stint....cannot blame an athlete for wanting to play more....unless of course he is being overly disruptive to the team. I would agree there is some contention between Casey and him right now and PP was of course hesitant to go there. Maybe JJ undiplomatically voiced some concerns that have been bandied here re Casey's coaching flaws.

Comment

The good news is that we will find out eventually. The bad news is that it might make us dislike either Casey or JJ more.

Comment

It's disappointing that the one player that seems to be doing everything right on the court has disagreements with the coach the most. This team really needs both of them to be on the same page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
          It's disappointing that the one player that seems to be doing everything right on the court has disagreements with the coach the most. This team really needs both of them to be on the same page

What disagreements?
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            What disagreements?
            Well, I'm just guessing that's the problem with JJ and his minutes. He has a history of doing that sort of thing too.

OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Well, I'm just guessing that's the problem with JJ and his minutes. He has a history of doing that sort of thing too.

Or perhaps his is the one player who had the balls to speak about the flawed system that so many of us see game after game, most likely also saying he feels he should start or they should do things differently... You even see it recently with him on the court he almost looks out of place among all the iso, nothing is established. I'm sure that's just as frustrating to be a part of as it is to watch.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                Or perhaps his is the one player who had the balls to speak about the flawed system that so many of us see game after game, most likely also saying he feels he should start or they should do things differently... You even see it recently with him on the court he almost looks out of place among all the iso, nothing is established. I'm sure that's just as frustrating to be a part of as it is to watch.
                +1

This is the best possible and most sensible explanation. Agreed times a thousand.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                  JJ seems like an incredibly smart basketball mind by his play.

And vocal may just mean he is saying what the others are discussing in private.

#fireCasey

Comment

I've been saying forever that we should start James Johnson with Patrick Patterson

the knock is that JJ can't shoot that why Patterson is put out there with him.

I wish Casey would try it. The ball would move better. The defense would have a guy on the court that can guard 1 through 4. and Patterson can guard 2 through 4

the ball would move as both Patterson and Johnson are willing passers. It might get us playing in flow again.

The bench would still be potent with Lou Williams, Grevis Vasqeuz, Terrence Ross and Amir Johnson coming on
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Do vocal leaders finish practice alone ?
                      Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jan 22, 2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Do vocal leaders finish practice alone ?

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          I've been saying forever that we should start James Johnson with Patrick Patterson

the knock is that JJ can't shoot that why Patterson is put out there with him.

I wish Casey would try it. The ball would move better. The defense would have a guy on the court that can guard 1 through 4. and Patterson can guard 2 through 4

the ball would move as both Patterson and Johnson are willing passers. It might get us playing in flow again.

The bench would still be potent with Lou Williams, Grevis Vasqeuz, Terrence Ross and Amir Johnson coming on
                          YES. GV would finally have a pick and roll partner.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Hope this is not a serious take on one click which fits into a narrative. He could have been taking the last shot before making it to the huddle. Why not rag on Amir & Hans who are also away from the group? Was Koreen at the practice?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Hope this is not a serious take on one click which fits into a narrative. He could have been taking the last shot before making it to the huddle. Why not rag on Amir & Hans who are also away from the group? Was Koreen at the practice?
                              Hasn't it also been documented that JJ's been taking extra shooting practice, so that he isn't considered a one-dimensional liability like Fields?

Given the team-wide 3pt shooting performance against Memphis, it could be argued that JJ is the only player deserving of kudos. Damn the rest of the team and their lazy work ethic... you know, because that sounds equally stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X