Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    The stupid #instagramgate causes a divide. Sigh. C'mon JJ.

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Or perhaps his is the one player who had the balls to speak about the flawed system that so many of us see game after game, most likely also saying he feels he should start or they should do things differently... You even see it recently with him on the court he almost looks out of place among all the iso, nothing is established. I'm sure that's just as frustrating to be a part of as it is to watch.
    LOL @ painting James Johnson as the rogue player willing to stand up to that evil doer Casey.

James Johnson, as talented as he is, basically can't stay in a situation for more than one season. He wore out his welcome in Chicago. Wore out his welcome in Toronto the first time. Wore out his welcome in Memphis last year (after starting the season with no contract because he's a head case) and reports now suggest that he's an issue again. He's constantly playing his way out of rotations. This is what he does, and it has nothing to do with talent.

And I love JJ's game and wish he'd be on the court more! But there's probably a good reason why he's had his minutes cut lately that we aren't privy to… and no, it's not because he's the only one standing up to "iso ball". Let's use our heads.
    Last edited by Fully; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cinqueda
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    Clearly the problem lies with Hansbrough and Amir. They're actually getting into a shoving match during practice.

I'm sure this problem has been simmering for a long time, but now its clearly past the boiling point.

I mean, I don't blame Hansbrough, he gives 110% every game but Amir and his broken ankles get (not only more minutes) but the start. On top of that, Hansbrough is constantly played at the 5, out of his natural position.

I mean Hansbrough was the NCAA's leading scorer! All that potential is being wasted when he's constantly guarded by the other team's center, he loses all of his physical advantages.

Another example of Casey's brutal rotations, terrible personnel decisions and blatant and aggressive favouritism.

#FireCasey

Wait.... what?
    never mind #FireCasey, #FindCasey what kind of coach doesn't go to his teams practice, Sterner is there, and so is another short white guy.
    /clearly joking

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

Do vocal leaders finish practice alone ?
    Clearly the problem lies with Hansbrough and Amir. They're actually getting into a shoving match during practice.

I'm sure this problem has been simmering for a long time, but now its clearly past the boiling point.

I mean, I don't blame Hansbrough, he gives 110% every game but Amir and his broken ankles get (not only more minutes) but the start. On top of that, Hansbrough is constantly played at the 5, out of his natural position.

I mean Hansbrough was the NCAA's leading scorer! All that potential is being wasted when he's constantly guarded by the other team's center, he loses all of his physical advantages.

Another example of Casey's brutal rotations, terrible personnel decisions and blatant and aggressive favouritism.

#FireCasey

Wait.... what?
    Last edited by stooley; Fri Jan 23, 2015, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nate
    replied
    That photo doesnt mean much. Except maybe he has mentally checked out.

All this JJ stuff started in Golden State when Landry came back from concussion and was immediately inserted into the starting lineup. Everyone knows what happened that game. The detail of JJs minutes isnt seeming recognized or known although. He played a few minutes to start the second quarter; got taken out the same time as Hansbrough who also had end of first quarter minutes. He then didnt play until the fourth quarter. This team has not been the same since.

Would seem to me when you got the league and its top teams attention for a midseason "playoff"game that it is not a good time to send a message.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Casey said he doesn't get a hug until he makes 100 threes. To get playing time he needs to make 1000 threes.
    I like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied

Casey said he doesn't get a hug until he makes 100 threes. To get playing time he needs to make 1000 threes.

Leave a comment:

• jonnywalker
    replied
    Lol what a goof. He not making that three

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Hope this is not a serious take on one click which fits into a narrative. He could have been taking the last shot before making it to the huddle. Why not rag on Amir & Hans who are also away from the group? Was Koreen at the practice?
    Hasn't it also been documented that JJ's been taking extra shooting practice, so that he isn't considered a one-dimensional liability like Fields?

Given the team-wide 3pt shooting performance against Memphis, it could be argued that JJ is the only player deserving of kudos. Damn the rest of the team and their lazy work ethic... you know, because that sounds equally stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Hope this is not a serious take on one click which fits into a narrative. He could have been taking the last shot before making it to the huddle. Why not rag on Amir & Hans who are also away from the group? Was Koreen at the practice?

Leave a comment:

• bryan colangelo
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I've been saying forever that we should start James Johnson with Patrick Patterson

the knock is that JJ can't shoot that why Patterson is put out there with him.

I wish Casey would try it. The ball would move better. The defense would have a guy on the court that can guard 1 through 4. and Patterson can guard 2 through 4

the ball would move as both Patterson and Johnson are willing passers. It might get us playing in flow again.

The bench would still be potent with Lou Williams, Grevis Vasqeuz, Terrence Ross and Amir Johnson coming on
    YES. GV would finally have a pick and roll partner.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jan 22, 2015, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I've been saying forever that we should start James Johnson with Patrick Patterson

the knock is that JJ can't shoot that why Patterson is put out there with him.

I wish Casey would try it. The ball would move better. The defense would have a guy on the court that can guard 1 through 4. and Patterson can guard 2 through 4

the ball would move as both Patterson and Johnson are willing passers. It might get us playing in flow again.

The bench would still be potent with Lou Williams, Grevis Vasqeuz, Terrence Ross and Amir Johnson coming on

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Or perhaps his is the one player who had the balls to speak about the flawed system that so many of us see game after game, most likely also saying he feels he should start or they should do things differently... You even see it recently with him on the court he almost looks out of place among all the iso, nothing is established. I'm sure that's just as frustrating to be a part of as it is to watch.
    JJ seems like an incredibly smart basketball mind by his play.

And vocal may just mean he is saying what the others are discussing in private.

#fireCasey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X