Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Johnson: 3/3 FG and 3 Rebs in.. 9:17..... why is he our 10th man Dwane Casey??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

Why is this so hard to figure out. And for a team that doesn't have any egos, Casey's sure is looming larger here with the constant (random) benching. I don't know anything about NBA coaching but this is getting ridiculous.
    I agree that it is beyond stupid to not give this line-up a try. It seems it would present a starting line-up that can hold its own (better defense), giving JV better development that he's getting now, and it would make our bench even stronger while giving Amir a touch of ankle-ease. It's been the bench winning the most games for us, so I don't see a problem with this theory. Of course, it might not work as planned, but why wouldn't Casey give it a try.

Honestly, for having one of the deepest teams in the league, he's been pretty uncreative with it.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    It's sad but the average fan is smarter than Dwayne Casey and I intend no troll with this comment. He's just a moron, he lacks brain cells.
    I understand why Masai rehired him, he's a stepping stone. That's all.
    Stepping stone means it's a foundation that we intend to build upon. What can we build upon from this year? Vasquez shitting the bed as back up pg? LouWill trying to shoot himself a new contract? Ross going to the bench? Kyle Lowry growing older? Derozan laying brick after brick?

If we bringing a new coach with new offensive system and new defensive system then this year is not a stepping stone. You can forget this year.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    It's sad but the average fan is smarter than Dwayne Casey and I intend no troll with this comment. He's just a moron, he lacks brain cells.
    I understand why Masai rehired him, he's a stepping stone. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    replied
    distorsun wrote: View Post
    What does the 2nd unit looks like ?
    second unit still looks beastly, you got GV and amir pick n rolls for days, amir will feast on the inferior competition off the bench. Then you got Ross and lou who will be your shooters off the bench, then for now you got hans as your backup C but you can make a trade to change that.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    distorsun wrote: View Post
    Vasquez
    Lou
    Ross
    Tyler
    Amir

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    I want this lineup so bad.

DD will probably do a lot better in his natural SG spot, JJ is very versatile and 2Pat can stretch the floor, and has been rebounding like a boss lately.

What's not to like?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

Why is this so hard to figure out. And for a team that doesn't have any egos, Casey's sure is looming larger here with the constant (random) benching. I don't know anything about NBA coaching but this is getting ridiculous.
    I want this lineup so bad.

DD will probably do a lot better in his natural SG spot, JJ is very versatile and 2Pat can stretch the floor, and has been rebounding like a boss lately.

What's not to like?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Actually, his post ups where he gets directly tot the rim are technically considered ISOs.

And maybe it isn't just Casey, he's played himself out of the rotation every year he's been in the league. He did it in Chicago, then in Toronto, Sacramento did the same, and even last year in Memphis he started to get a lot of playing time then disappeared late in the season. Fans in Memphis also wanted him to start over prince but their 'idiotic' coach wouldn't play him either.

It seems like a pattern tbh...

Yeah he must do some stupid sh!t behind the scenes that keeps him on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    JJ is in Casey's dog house.. will never know why because the Raptors are able to keep things tight lipped. His talent fits this team because he can't shoot and doesn't try to.. so you don't see any ISO situations with him. So it would be nice to see more of him. But he must have done something or said something that ticked Casey off.
    Actually, his post ups where he gets directly tot the rim are technically considered ISOs.

And maybe it isn't just Casey, he's played himself out of the rotation every year he's been in the league. He did it in Chicago, then in Toronto, Sacramento did the same, and even last year in Memphis he started to get a lot of playing time then disappeared late in the season. Fans in Memphis also wanted him to start over prince but their 'idiotic' coach wouldn't play him either.

It seems like a pattern tbh...

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    JJ is in Casey's dog house.. will never know why because the Raptors are able to keep things tight lipped. His talent fits this team because he can't shoot and doesn't try to.. so you don't see any ISO situations with him. So it would be nice to see more of him. But he must have done something or said something that ticked Casey off.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    who pays the pundits?

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    Coach has his favourites. To us, they defy logic but, the pundits swear that he knows what he's doing. I'm content to let this season play out and see what moves are/will be made in the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Zeknight
    replied
    Casey is an easily influenced, non X n O coach that tunnel visions on one thing and focuses on it even if its complete garbage.

Or at least that is what he makes himself appear to be...

Maybe he should focus on changing his 'image'

jusssssssst kidding RR>> ISO undersized guards ISO undersized guards ISO undersized guards BENCH jv "KEEP CHUCKING 18 SEC SHOT CLOCK GUIZZZ"
    Last edited by Zeknight; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 03:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• James Johnson: 3/3 FG and 3 Rebs in.. 9:17..... why is he our 10th man Dwane Casey??

Greivis played well and had himself a pretty nice game, but 33 minutes?
    DD played rather awfully yet 28 minutes?
    Lou will 3/11 shooting (not to mention atleast 3 classic lou 20 seconds on the shotclock huck threes) and 25 minutes?

What's the beef with JJ and DC these days? Our team looks like a team with him on the floor.
Working...
X