X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Year Anniversary of Ross' 51 Point Game

Just a year ago, this happened.

FIRST QUARTER:
    15 points, 5/9 from the field, and 5/6 from 3-point range.

SECOND QUARTER:
    8 points, 2/3 from the field, 2/3 from 3-point range, and 2/2 from the FT line.

FIRST HALF:
    23 points, 7/12 from the field, 7/9 from 3-point range, and 2/2 from the FT line.

THIRD QUARTER:
    13 points, 6/9 from the field, and 1/3 from 3-point range.

FOURTH QUARTER
    15 points, 3/8 from the field, 2/5 from 3-point range, and 7/8 from the FT line.

SECOND HALF:
    28 points, 9/17 from the field, 3/8 from 3-point range, and 7/8 from the FT line.

GAME TOTAL: 51 points, 16/29 from the field, 10/17 from 3-point range, 9/10 from the FT line, and 9 rebounds.

The Nike Air Flightposite Exposed shoes he wore during the game:

Post game Interview:

This thread makes me want to write something random/akward
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Sun Jan 25, 2015, 08:08 AM.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Is it sad I'm more surprised he took 10 FT attempts instead of the fact he hit 10 threes?

Comment

From the game thread last year.... I bet this guy feels like a knob:

akashsingh wrote: View Post
        while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
        http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post282650

DeMar certainly isn't having a great year, but I honestly wonder if TRoss has improved in any area at all since this game.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
          Is it sad I'm more surprised he took 10 FT attempts instead of the fact he hit 10 threes?
          My first thoughts exactly!

His second highest is from his rookie year with 6 and third highest is 5 from this year. The rest are mainly zeroes...

Comment

I know they lost, but I had a blast watching that game.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              From the game thread last year.... I bet this guy feels like a knob:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post282650

DeMar certainly isn't having a great year, but I honestly wonder if TRoss has improved in any area at all since this game.

He is right though, DeRozan doesn't the have the skill sets required to reach a milestone like this. He can't shoot at an efficient clip. He can't drive to the basket straight up without getting the ball swiped. His post up moves against smaller guards, while an effective move, is rarely used. Nowadays he can't even get to the FT line. In the system we're trying to play in he's very useless offensively and his inconsistencies on defense leaves people to wonder just what is the use of DD in the starting lineup, especially now that Vasquez is starting.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                He is right though, DeRozan doesn't the have the skill sets required to reach a milestone like this. He can't shoot at an efficient clip. He can't drive to the basket straight up without getting the ball swiped. His post up moves against smaller guards, while an effective move, is rarely used. Nowadays he can't even get to the FT line. In the system we're trying to play in he's very useless offensively and his inconsistencies on defense leaves people to wonder just what is the use of DD in the starting lineup, especially now that Vasquez is starting.
                marcus thornton shot a career high 42 points last year. now hes coming off the bench for the rebuilding celtics. who gives a shit about fluke milestones.

i was at the 51 point game and it was exciting to watch. too bad every other moment with ross on the floor this year has been largely terrible/completely invisible including last years playoffs.

Comment

Notice something? Most of his 3s were catch and shoot. I don't think he's getting those types of shots anymore.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Notice something? Most of his 3s were catch and shoot. I don't think he's getting those types of shots anymore.
                    Opposing defenses smarten up
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      marcus thornton shot a career high 42 points last year. now hes coming off the bench for the rebuilding celtics. who gives a shit about fluke milestones.

i was at the 51 point game and it was exciting to watch. too bad every other moment with ross on the floor this year has been largely terrible/completely invisible including last years playoffs.
                      Marcus Thornton at 27 is a finished product, only thing that would make him better is being in the right system. Ross still has room to grow if Casey allows it.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Opposing defenses smarten up
                        And Casey is too stubborn to update his limited playbook.

Comment

And Casey is too stubborn to update his limited playbook.
                          He updated it. He added Lou next to the ISO list after adding GV.

Comment

Marcus Thornton at 27 is a finished product, only thing that would make him better is being in the right system. Ross still has room to grow if Casey allows it.
                            lowry is 28.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              lowry is 29.
                              He'll be 29 in March.

Comment

Working...
                              X