Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lowry getting voted in as starter to NBA ASG change anything for Toronto perception among players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I use bbref.
    4th or 2nd still isn't shoddy.
    And that right there explains why stats alone don't tell the whole story.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      And that right there explains why stats alone don't tell the whole story.
      That low carb stuff you suggested. - Do you actually follow it?
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Add Andrew Sharp to the list...

Grantland's mid season grades by Andrew Sharp. Raps get a C for "could be better, could be worse". I can live with that grade. Sounds reasonable especially given the context of the other grades. I usually like the stuff he writes. But the description is the same old retreaded concept. And Simmons wonders why we have a persecution complex.

"The Raptors. Full disclosure: We all have finite time on this planet. Life is a series of choices. Where do you spend your energy? Who gets your attention? You can’t do everything. So who do you love, and who do you ignore? Watching the NBA is like that. I know they’ve been good, I know Kyle Lowry is great, but for the life of me, I can’t bring myself to care about the Toronto Raptors."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...gues-flunkies/

Comment

Yes Andrew Sharp reflects what Grantland and others feel about Toronto.

Comment

Andrew Sharp channeling the Bill Simmons of a couple of years ago. He slammed a bunch of teams in that piece...some I admit quite rightly. Trying too hard to be humorous...

Comment

Tough to argue with him.

Why would a non raptor fan care?

They still haven't won a playoff series.
              They don't have a superstar.
              The actual games are often painful to watch with helter skelter defense and every man for himself offense.

Atlanta lacks a star, is in a poor market but are they ever a joy to watch.

Comment

Tough to argue with him.

The actual games are often painful to watch with helter skelter defense and every man for himself offense.

Sure, but it's also one of those "I'm just going to spout a bunch of random subjective bullshit" articles.

I mean, he gave the Hawks a "B". A "B"!! They're completely overachieving and one of the top 5 most entertaining teams to watch in the league...but sure, they don't deserve an "A"...

But Chris Bosh gets an "A"? For what? Once again proving that he's only a franchise player on mediocre teams?

Whatever...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Sure, but it's also one of those "I'm just going to spout a bunch of random subjective bullshit" articles.

I mean, he gave the Hawks a "B". A "B"!! They're completely overachieving and one of the top 5 most entertaining teams to watch in the league...but sure, they don't deserve an "A"...

But Chris Bosh gets an "A"? For what? Once again proving that he's only a franchise player on mediocre teams?

Whatever...
                  Sorry, should have said tough to argue with him about the raptors.

Comment

Tough to argue with him.

I share those sentiments.

However, I thought this... "I know they’ve been good, I know Kyle Lowry is great, but for the life of me, I can’t bring myself to care about the Toronto Raptors." ...was contradictory within it's own verbiage...trying to be too "cute" I thought...there was a "good", a "great" and then a "couldn't care"? Huh? Well ok then.

Comment

The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Well Kyle's mentioned the whole country multiple times in his thank-yous, so at the very least he gets it. But I think him beating DWade will get noticed by the players. Having an unassuming, gritty player start the ASG over much flashier counterparts is a pretty big deal.

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that we've now had two different players make the team in back-to-back years, which can only help cement our legitimacy. It will help dispel the myth that being up in Canada means you don't get recognized.
                        I too love his pro-Canada tone. It is refreshing.

Comment

"the media doesn't know shit"- Kevin Durant. Cosign
                          "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

Who cares tho, gotta make them care with playoff wins. That simple
                            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

Working...
                            X