Upcoming Extensions/Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    just a question...does that factor in shots he is fouled on. Because if he has a unique skill its drawing fouls on jump shots
    Just and 1's. But TS% does factor in FT's, as well as 3 pt shots.

This year/Last year

DeMar 490/532
    Vasquez 484/537
    Ross 521/553
    Lowry 540/567
    Lou 559
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

This year/Last year

DeMar 490/532
      Vasquez 484/537
      Ross 521/553
      Lowry 540/567
      Lou 559
      Demar's TS% last year was pretty good for a SG. It sucks this year but the injury can be partly blamed for that. He looked good and efficient against Detroit. Let's hope he's got his legs back, and hope Casey doesn't match him up against Giannis again.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

This year/Last year

DeMar 490/532
        Vasquez 484/537
        Ross 521/553
        Lowry 540/567
        Lou 559
        See now I don't understand how that ^ DOESN'T imply poor coaching.. Especially considering the way we are seeing them play is very different to what was successful last year. #firecasey

Comment

I always get these wrong.. as I usually always under estimate the market. I was hoping Lowry could be had for no more than $11M a year and when he got $12M I was ecstatic after I saw some of the other signings that occurred.

Being optimistic, I would like JV to be resigned using Pekovic or Vucevic as examples. Pek got $60M/5 years (with $8M in incentives). Vucevic got $48M/4 years (with $4M in incentives). The cap is going up though, and JV could ask for more. Even if he got $13-$14M a year I think it would end up being a good deal. Would prefer 5 years vs 4 years for him.

Ross shouldn't get an extension. I think its safe to wait for RFA status, and see what happens. I don't think he's going to get more than $6M a year.. if he does it will be for like 2 or 3 years only.

I'm on the fence about Lou. He's worth the MLE but if the Raptors participate in free agency they won't have the money to acquire him. Amir is more important than Lou anyway. Last year MU brought the band back though and he could do the same with Lou. My guess is he's not going to be a Raptor, and he'll get $20M/4yr contract from someone.

I wish Psycho-T the best.. don't want him back.

Fields will absolutely be in the league and do well.. Wouldn't mind him back to be honest, but only on a non-guaranteed deal of some kind.

I would like Hayes back too.. but I can see him moving to a different team. Everyone likes him. I'm sure he'd prefer a warm weather climate as he's from California originally. My guess would be Houston is where he ends up.

DD will definitely opt out.. and he'll get $20M a year. I hope MU trades him before that option comes up. Great guy and would wish him all the best.. but it's not like I miss Calderon that much either, and he was just as classy.
          Last edited by planetmars; Tue Jan 27, 2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I have no idea about this salary rhetoric. All I hope is that we have enough space to sign a super Allstar .
            Not that I'm certain it will happen, but DD/KL won't win a championship alone.
            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
              I have no idea about this salary rhetoric. All I hope is that we have enough space to sign a super Allstar .
              Not that I'm certain it will happen, but DD/KL won't win a championship alone.
              No but...

Lowry / Vasquez
              DD / Ross
              Durant / JJ
              Amir / 2pat
              JV / Bebe

Sure has a really nice look to it.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Amir is the big question for me. What is he worth, should he continue to start? I want him to remain a Raptor so I'm curious to see how this plays out.
                Good point! Totally forgot to include Amir. I hope he is signed to an extension hopefully a similar price point --- he may command more around the league but should really be bench commander.

Comment

Just as a note, DD has an opt out in 2016, not this coming summer.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Just as a note, DD has an opt out in 2016, not this coming summer.
                    That what I was thinking... I am very confused with everyone talking about Demar opting out...

Far as i know he signed a 4 year deal 2013 taking him all the way to 2016.. which means we have him lock down next year at 10 million...

Am I wrong/not seeing something here??

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                      That what I was thinking... I am very confused with everyone talking about Demar opting out...

Far as i know he signed a 4 year deal 2013 taking him all the way to 2016.. which means we have him lock down next year at 10 million...

Am I wrong/not seeing something here??
                      Last year is a player option

Comment

Question, Demar was overplayed when he signed his extension, why was the terrible deal at the time a PO. Could have ended up like Andrea.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Last year is a player option
                          Yes, but the last year is not next season, it's the season after that.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                            Based on how JV has played vs market value: will he get a max contract at the end of his rookie deal?
                            What contract would you sign him to as of right now?

What extension would you give Ross?

Will Lou Williams be a Raptor next year? at what price?

Would you want Hansbrough back on a similar deal?

Will fields be in the league next year?

Hayes back on the vet minimum?

bonus question: Do you think DD will opt out of his player option in hopes for a better deal?
                            JV still has a year left on his rookie contract and we can see that he is one of the better bigs in the league that is inexcusably underused...but need to see how his development goes the remainder of the season & the playoffs & next season before giving him a max...as of right now i'd give him the Martin Gortart $10-13mil range but keep in mind the NBA TV deal salary cap kicks in for the 2016-2017 season so salaries are expected to skyrocket

Trade Ross by the deadline and get something back for him cause he should not be extended.

Lou Wiilliams should be brought back cause a super sub 6th man of the year are rare and valuable finds...he's part of Masai's building blocks and i'd offer somewhere in the $6-8 mill range

Hansborugh/fields/hayes are all trade chip...Tyler is a good role player for teams but replaceable for us and would be a good throw in to a trade. Fields/Hayes contracts could be good for teams looking for a salary dump or we save cap space (Camby's $4mil is also finally coming off the books) if we hold on to em...both find jobs next seasons at minimums.

DD's player option is for 2016/2017...best believe an All-Star is opting out of $9.5 mil and Masai better get ready to pay up.

Amir...what to do about Amir...such a likeable player but i think we can & need better at PF to hit contender status...he should be a tradechip or cap space as well.

Main goals for the raps via trade or offseason should be to re-sign Sweet Lou, upgrade SF & PF and get a good backup C.

Keeping a close eye on if Den decides to blow things up over there cause Faried & Chandler would look good in a raps uniform...also a Ross for Plumlee/Ennis looks good too.

BTW everyone talking about DeAndre Daniels...i havent been on here in awhile cause i spent the last 6 months in Perth, WA. was a regular at Wildcats games...he's good but doesn't have the ceiling people think...very skinny still, a little too passive in getting to the rim and inconsistent effort...he's worth an add but not someone to rely on.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post

Main goals for the raps via trade or offseason should be to re-sign Sweet Lou, upgrade SF & PF and get a good backup C.
                              IMO, we could try to do this while also keeping Ross for at least the beginning of next season... That way we could see what we got, and then make a decision, whether it is trading Ross, or JJ, or none of them.

Center: Jonas Valanciunas, New Backup, Lucas Nogueira
                              Power Forward: New Starter, Patrick Patterson, ?????
                              Small Forward: New Starter, James Johnson, Bruno Caboclo
                              Shooting Guard: DeMar DeRozan, Lou Williams, Terrence Ross
                              Point Guard: Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez, ?????

I love Amir... but we need a new starting PF.

Personnally, I'd like Kendrick Perkins as the new backup center, if he comes cheap. Brandan Wright would also be nice, but he won't come cheap. For the 3rd PF, rely on Chuck Hayes on a minimum contract or a rookie or a guy on which we have the rights.

For the 3rd PG, also a rookie or a minimum contract, but I think we absolutely need one, other than Lou.

As for the new starters, I think that Masai have the genius to put a trade out of his pocket between now and the trade deadline to get one with our expiring contracts and our picks. The other one, we should be able to sign a good player via free agency.

Comment

Why can't Amir be our backup c?

Comment

Working...
                                X