Game #69 - Nuggets vs Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Just like the rest of your other historical chasing your own tail arguments, I don’t believe you.

Him and Scottie skillsets for 82 games makes perfect sense to me.
    It's just tough to logic away starting two of your weaker perimeter defenders at guard. They can likely survive it but it's hardly ideal.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's just tough to logic away starting two of your weaker perimeter defenders at guard. They can likely survive it but it's hardly ideal.
      So sad that Scottie is now considered a weak defender. That's a massive failure of our player development program.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

So sad that Scottie is now considered a weak defender. That's a massive failure of our player development program.
        Weak guard/on-ball defender. He's quite good as a free safety, which is how he should be used.

He's young yet, I have no issues with him taking time to develop into a defender. Possible he's being pushed towards POA defence specifically as a development approach, as no way they think he's actually good at that yet.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lol…this is you trying to convince yourself.

You are trying to apply some version of DanH logic to something that has not happened yet.

After 82 games we can talk again….then maybe that logic would make sense.

Comment

Fred shot 8-12 from 3. If he shot 4-12 from 3, that's 12 fewer points. Let's assume all that regression happened during the starters minutes, so instead of being +25 on the night they'd be only +13.

We should be able to win every game if we win half the game by 13 points. Just run some reasonable bench groups and you can defend a lead of that size rather than punt it.

Heck, in the Fred rest minutes in the first half last night we went -1. If we lost Fred's rest minutes by 2 every game we would win a LOT of games.
            If Fred played well every night we'd win a lot of games.

My point was the starting lineup is basically always the same, it worked better this game because Fred didn't suck, he wasn't missing anything, a rarity for him this year.

Hopefully he can keep it up and not follow it up with a 2-12 3PT night.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ha, you're not even trying anymore. Laziest digs at Nurse ever.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If Fred played well every night we'd win a lot of games.

My point was the starting lineup is basically always the same, it worked better this game because Fred didn't suck, he wasn't missing anything, a rarity for him this year.

Hopefully he can keep it up and not follow it up with a 2-12 3PT night.
                The starting lineup does indeed work better when Fred is on fire. But they are consistently excellent regardless of that. It's been an excellent lineup since we got Jak.

It's the bench lineups that have determined whether we win or lose, because they are either logical lineups that therefore roughly break even (and therefore we mostly win since the starters are great) or they've been complete nonsense and therefore collapse and cause us to lose games even though the starters are great.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Ha, you're not even trying anymore. Laziest digs at Nurse ever.
                  lol. Gotta stay on brand. Tbh, I have no idea how I even ended up with the anti-Nurse schtick on here. Might be time to retire the act... like Jack Armstrong.

Comment

• It's 8:20 pm Daylight savings time on Wednesday. Raptors won last night against Denver. Still no stories on the front page? Are all the writers college students on March Break? This is much worse than before I became a paid subscriber. I mean, it's only $6.00/month, but this is not a one time thing. It has happened over the last few games. Is this a new thing or is there an issue that is being resolved? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      It's 8:20 pm Daylight savings time on Wednesday. Raptors won last night against Denver. Still no stories on the front page? Are all the writers college students on March Break? This is much worse than before I became a paid subscriber. I mean, it's only $6.00/month, but this is not a one time thing. It has happened over the last few games. Is this a new thing or is there an issue that is being resolved? Inquiring minds want to know.
                      Are you logged out?
                      Last article is Toronto beats Denver, but Siakam’s slump continues
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scottie is not a weak defender at all, that's just silly.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Are you logged out?
                          Last article is Toronto beats Denver, but Siakam’s slump continues
                          Funny. I am automatically logged into the forums, but was logged out on the main page for the last couple of days. Never too old to learn something new.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Funny. I am automatically logged into the forums, but was logged out on the main page for the last couple of days. Never too old to learn something new.
                            Happened to me too. They auto log you out sometimes
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Happened to me too. They auto log you out sometimes
                              Sometimes you're logged out for a month and they can't figure out why

Comment

Working...
                              X