Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Playoff Hopes rest on getting #2 Seed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Playoff Hopes rest on getting #2 Seed.

In my view Raptors success during playoffs will likely be determined prior to the start of the playoffs. If they can somehow secure the #2 seed. They could potentially avoid CLE,CHI and ATL until conference finals. Teams are not reseeded after each round. Thus winner of #4/5 hopefully CHI/CLE would play winner of ATL /CHA -#1/#8

In my view we really need to push for that #2 seed. It is unlikely come playoff time we can beat both CLE/CHI and ATL. We all know how the games are called by refs in playoffs making it increasingly difficult to beat teams the NBA league would prefer to move on.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    In my view Raptors success during playoffs will likely be determined prior to the start of the playoffs. If they can somehow secure the #2 seed. They could potentially avoid CLE,CHI and ATL until conference finals. Teams are not reseeded after each round. Thus winner of #4/5 hopefully CHI/CLE would play winner of ATL /CHA -#1/#8

In my view we really need to push for that #2 seed. It is unlikely come playoff time we can beat both CLE/CHI and ATL. We all know how the games are called by refs in playoffs making it increasingly difficult to beat teams the NBA league would prefer to move on.
    I love how this is assumed and people say "meh" and keep watching.

Too early to worry about who could end up being the 2nd round opponent. Seeds 2-5 are still very much up in the air and it could be any of the 4 teams ranked any of the ways. So yeah basically stay out of seed 4 and hope to play an "also ran" in the first round with the 2nd or 3rd seed.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You get the exact same result by getting the third seed.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Except home court in the second round.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Best case scenario for the Raptors is

1 ALT
          2 TOR
          3 WAS
          4 CHI
          5 CLE
          6 MAI
          7 MIL
          8 BYK

Raptors beat bucks on 6 at worst 4 at best
          One of Bulls or Cavs get out in the first round
          we face Wizards (who we can beat 6/10 times) or a washed up heat up

We can most likely beat Wiz or heat in the second round (best-5games) (worst Wiz win in 6) (realistically raps win in 6 or 7)
          ALT beat NETS, face CHI/CLE, Lose to or beat one of CHI/CLE

We face ALT/CHI/CLE, (Best - win in 6) (Worst - Lose in 5) (realistically Raps win in 7 to ALT and lose in 6 to CHI/CLE)

If we Beat ALT/CHI/CAVS we will probably lose in the Finals to one of the WEST teams
          (Unless the SUPERSTAR of that team gets injured in G1 of the Finals) = RAPTORS 2015 NBA CHAMPS lol
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            Best case scenario for the Raptors is

1 ALT
            2 TOR
            3 WAS
            4 CHI
            5 CLE
            6 MAI
            7 MIL
            8 BYK

Raptors beat bucks on 6 at worst 4 at best
            One of Bulls or Cavs get out in the first round
            we face Wizards (who we can beat 6/10 times) or a washed up heat up

We can most likely beat Wiz or heat in the second round (best-5games) (worst Wiz win in 6) (realistically raps win in 6 or 7)
            ALT beat NETS, face CHI/CLE, Lose to or beat one of CHI/CLE

We face ALT/CHI/CLE, (Best - win in 6) (Worst - Lose in 5) (realistically Raps win in 7 to ALT and lose in 6 to CHI/CLE)

If we Beat ALT/CHI/CAVS we will probably lose in the Finals to one of the WEST teams
            (Unless the SUPERSTAR of that team gets injured in G1 of the Finals) = RAPTORS 2015 NBA CHAMPS lol
            Ummm so can I have your drug dealers phone #? They have some seriously good hallucinogenics.

Comment

With Casey as our coach even winning one series will be an accomplishment in itself!

Comment

Remember last year BKN #6 played Miami #2 last year.

Comment

Remember last year BKN #6 played Miami #2 last year.
                  Not sure how this relates to anything??

If standings end up as
                  Atl
                  Was
                  Tor
                  Chi
                  Cle
                  Mia
                  Mil
                  Bkl

We still avoid Atl, Chi, and Cle until the conference finals.

Comment

Not sure how this relates to anything??

If standings end up as
                    Atl
                    Was
                    Tor
                    Chi
                    Cle
                    Mia
                    Mil
                    Bkl

We still avoid Atl, Chi, and Cle until the conference finals.
                    You're right.

Comment

You're right.
                      I would still prefer the number 2.

Much rather play Mil then play an experienced Mia team. And I feel like home court would help against Was. I'm not even that confident that we'd beat them.

Comment

Key is get a top 3 seed.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think Milwaukee ends up above Miami (they have beat them 3 straight and have a better record). I think it'll go 8. Hornets, 7. Heat, 6. Bucks. There is literally only 9 teams trying to win in the East right now, the 8 in the playoffs and Detroit. I don't think Detroit can catch the Hornets so the playoff teams are more or less set.

Comment

I don't think we have a shot at the one seed unless ATL faces some long term injuries (which I don't want). Although I'd much rather have the 2 seed than the 3 seed, I think we're fine as long as we don't fall below 3. We're .5 game up on Washington, 1.5 games up on the bulls, and 4.5 games up on Cavs. If we come 4th it means that Wash, and Chicago outplay us down the stretch, if Cavs manage to catch us we don't deserve to win a second round match up (and maybe not even the first).

How we play in the final stretch of the season is the best indicator of our post season success (or lack there of). Seeding only matters in that it will reflect how we've played down the stretch.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              I think Milwaukee ends up above Miami (they have beat them 3 straight and have a better record). I think it'll go 8. Hornets, 7. Heat, 6. Bucks. There is literally only 9 teams trying to win in the East right now, the 8 in the playoffs and Detroit. I don't think Detroit can catch the Hornets so the playoff teams are more or less set.
                              Brooklyn's trying (they don't have their draft pick). Indiana's trying. Orlando's trying.

Of those teams, I think only Brooklyn really has a shot, but there are other teams who are trying to win.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                              X