X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I agree. I think he was a pretty good coach but nothing too special, and I seriously wonder if he actually could adapt and excel in today's league.
    His halftime interviews would be hilarious though lol

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    JVG could barely get his loaded Houston teams, with Yao and T-Mac at their best, out of the first round. I'm not exactly sure why people fetishize him as a coach when his career height was getting lucky with one Knicks team in the league's most talent-depleted era ever.
    I agree. I think he was a pretty good coach but nothing too special, and I seriously wonder if he actually could adapt and excel in today's league.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    JVG could barely get his loaded Houston teams, with Yao and T-Mac at their best, out of the first round. I'm not exactly sure why people fetishize him as a coach when his career height was getting lucky with one Knicks team in the league's most talent-depleted era ever.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    Brad Stevens. Let's steal him from Boston

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    If JVG was the coach JV would get 18 shots per game lmao

But the problem with JVG coached teams would be the offense
    Yep, the unimaginative, slowed-down, half-court, ugly offense was always the knock on JVG; but I would imagine being a broadcaster for so long now and having watched so many different styles, he's probably got some fresh ideas on what would work this time around. JVG is definitely a student of the game, and hopefully not stuck in his old ways.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post

Masai consults with an offensive coordinator. Easy.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    no
    yes. :-)

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    JVG is a cerebral coach. He is playoff tested. I would love him as our next coach.

Leave a comment:

replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    Nah I just have to show up when the bus leaves for the airport.

Coaching is easy....scream keep your hands up, yell at people who don't get back on defense, and pull JV as soon as he catches fire
    Bro, you should probably change the sig.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Raptors have one of the worst coaches in the league. If they can find any NBA caliber coach they need to jump on it like a rabid dog.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    no

Leave a comment:

• GinobilisBaldSpot
    replied
    Bump.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Sign me up.
    His style would suit Toronto. He could also coach the Leafs if he wanted some pocket money too.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    The knock on JVG is usually his unimaginative offenses, with emphasis on feeding the post.

I don't really buy the "ride your players hard" complaint against coaches like him and Thibs. You almost never hear players complain about playing time, because it helps them pad their stats, gets them all-star recognition, and ultimately enables them to collect bigger pay cheques. You think Jimmy Butler is complaining about being "ridden hard" to his first all-star selection?

Here's a couple of good articles....

http://saltcityhoops.com/coaching-pr...eff-van-gundy/

http://raining3s.com/2014/05/05/lake...eff-van-gundy/
    Sign me up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X