Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post
    Precious is just not smart.
    Because it's super easy coming in for a random 2 minutes, let alone 10.

Comment

Definately a stronger team with everyone heathy plus a real center. As much as many like to think the worst, this team is improving as the year goes on. Just too bad about all the close lost games due to key injuries earlier this year or we would easily be 4th or 5th right now.

Still like to see a lot more scottie utilization though.

Comment

Ultimately a good blow out win, but it was far closer than I hoped it would be. Minnesota rallied and took the lead at one point in the 3rd, but the Raptors were just the better team and executed better on both ends down the stretch.

Pascal and Fred had another game where they both played well. The stat on the tv said we are 4-0 when they both score over 25 points. That's not a lot of games where that happened. Hope it continues.

The refs called every single touch foul on both ends. I don't really get why they don't just allow them to play. If the foul is egregious sure call it.. but if it doesn't impact the play ignore it. Poeltl got into foul trouble again mainly because of the over use of the whistle.. Good to see Koloko play. Not much of an impact but I thought he was going to be out for a couple of weeks. To play after getting his nose broken is pretty gutsy.

Gary had a nice second half after putting up only 4 in the first half he finished with 19. We needed someone to produce off the bench and he was that guy. Although Chris had a lot more energy in that second half as well.

Pascal was dynamite in the second half. Fred and OG carried us in the first.

It's pretty interesting that Minny gave up so much to get Gobert, yet we only gave up one pick for Jak. I'd rather have Jak if I had to be honest. The big difference is that Poeltl is a UFA and Gobert has like 4 years left on his deal.. but Gobert wasn't really all that impactful for them.. not as much as Poeltl was for us.

Big, tough game tonight. We suck on the road. On a second game of the back to back, against possibly the team we face in the playoffs if we can get in there. Looking at the early odds, Vegas has us as 9 point dogs. Can we finally get back to .500? Last time we were about to hit that feat, we lost like 3 in a row.

Comment

Wolves definitely dropped the ball on the Gobert trade. I think their hope was he would be a DPOY level player and change their defense, that hasn't happened.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
            Wolves definitely dropped the ball on the Gobert trade. I think their hope was he would be a DPOY level player and change their defense, that hasn't happened.
            I just don't think there's any way even an all-NBA defense player like Gobert can be worth that cost.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Ultimately a good blow out win, but it was far closer than I hoped it would be. Minnesota rallied and took the lead at one point in the 3rd, but the Raptors were just the better team and executed better on both ends down the stretch.

Pascal and Fred had another game where they both played well. The stat on the tv said we are 4-0 when they both score over 25 points. That's not a lot of games where that happened. Hope it continues.

The refs called every single touch foul on both ends. I don't really get why they don't just allow them to play. If the foul is egregious sure call it.. but if it doesn't impact the play ignore it. Poeltl got into foul trouble again mainly because of the over use of the whistle.. Good to see Koloko play. Not much of an impact but I thought he was going to be out for a couple of weeks. To play after getting his nose broken is pretty gutsy.

Gary had a nice second half after putting up only 4 in the first half he finished with 19. We needed someone to produce off the bench and he was that guy. Although Chris had a lot more energy in that second half as well.

Pascal was dynamite in the second half. Fred and OG carried us in the first.

It's pretty interesting that Minny gave up so much to get Gobert, yet we only gave up one pick for Jak. I'd rather have Jak if I had to be honest. The big difference is that Poeltl is a UFA and Gobert has like 4 years left on his deal.. but Gobert wasn't really all that impactful for them.. not as much as Poeltl was for us.

Big, tough game tonight. We suck on the road. On a second game of the back to back, against possibly the team we face in the playoffs if we can get in there. Looking at the early odds, Vegas has us as 9 point dogs. Can we finally get back to .500? Last time we were about to hit that feat, we lost like 3 in a row.

Jak will resign at less than half of Gobert's salary as well.

I had the same thoughts as you though watching the game last night. I'd rather have Poeltl than Gobert.
              Last edited by Primer; Sun Mar 19, 2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Another game with sane rotations? Loving this. Keep it up Nick, and the wins will keep rolling in.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                X