No announcement yet.

FEBRUARY could really suck for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see #FireCasey thread having 250 pages after february.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I think from here on out the schedule is easier than Washington's but tougher than Cleveland or Chicago's. But don't quote me on that.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Meanwhile look at our competition:

Cleveland:
        2nd vs Philly
        5th vs LAC
        6th @Indiana
        8th vs LAL
        11th vs Miami
        12th @Chicago
        20th @Washington
        22nd @NY
        24th @Detroit
        26th vs GSW
        27th @Indiana

Chicago:
        4th @Houston
        7th @NO
        8th @Orlando
        10th vs Sacramento
        12th vs Cleveland
        20th @Detroit
        21st vs Phoenix
        23rd vs Milwaukee
        25th vs Charlotte
        27th vs Minny

Washington:
        2nd vs Charlotte
        4th @Atlanta
        5th @Charlotte
        7th vs Brooklyn
        9th vs Orlando
        11th @Toronto
        20th vs Cleveland
        22nd @Detroit
        24th vs GSW
        25th @Minny
        27th @Philly
        28th vs Detroit

Could easily end up 4th in the standings, but 5th in record and therefore starting the first round on the road.
        Yes, because seedings are decided on the 28th of February...
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
          I think from here on out the schedule is easier than Washington's but tougher than Cleveland or Chicago's. But don't quote me on that.
          whoops

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
            If we had Washington's schedule I'd peg us at 8-4. We definitely have the toughest February. NYK is our only gimme game. The rest are teams with winning records.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              If we had Washington's schedule I'd peg us at 8-4. We definitely have the toughest February. NYK is our only gimme game. The rest are teams with winning records.
              I was talking about the remainder of the year, just because planetmars was bringing seeding into it. Raptors definitely have a tougher February.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Yes, because seedings are decided on the 28th of February...
                Momentum plays a role too.. Raptors come out 3-8 or 2-9 while the other three teams have > .500 records and the Raptors could be playing in a funk in March or April. Last time the Raptors lost a few in a row, it took them a while to recover.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  6th vs Clippers
                  8th vs Spurs
                  11th vs Wizards
                  20th @ Hawks
                  21st @ Rockets
                  23rd @ Pelicans
                  24th @ Mavs
                  27th vs GSW
                  28th @ NYK

we could quite easily go 1 - 8 in this month

500 basketball in the month of february should be counted a success
                  You do know we play 11 games in February, right? You're just choosing not to include the Milwaukee and Brooklyn home games to make the point that we do have a really tough stretch through most of the month, right?

Regardless, when the conversation moves to how our schedule compares to other teams in February, including those Milwaukee and Brooklyn games is important.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    You do know we play 11 games in February, right? You're just choosing not to include the Milwaukee and Brooklyn home games to make the point that we do have a really tough stretch through most of the month, right?

Regardless, when the conversation moves to how our schedule compares to other teams in February, including those Milwaukee and Brooklyn games is important.
                    I think he somehow missed those, or he wouldn't say 1-8 and include the new york knicks

Comment

That is a fucking brutal schedule. We knew this was coming though...
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        That is a fucking brutal schedule. We knew this was coming though...
                        Who is that in your avatar? It looks like a hybrid of Whoopi Goldberg, KRS-One and Jabba the Hutt

Comment

Team took care of business early, time to tread water.

Comment

I didn't intentionally not include them I just missed them when I switched from the next 3 games to the full season schedule. I rather resent the suggestion that I would purposely ignore facts to start a thread...but if it helps reframe the debate around the brutal 8 game stretch
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              ...I rather resent the suggestion that I would purposely ignore facts to start a thread...
                              You know you have the reputation of being a weaselly, twisty, sneaky, stat cherry picking, underhanded Super Moderator!

Comment

see now I know you are lying...I rely almost entirely on the eye test but there may be something to those other points lol
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X