Game #47: Toronto Raptors 127 - Brooklyn Nets 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    So it's not Casey's fault it's now Masai's?? Make up your mind dude!

We're 32-15 cheer up

We won the game and it was very entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nobody is forcing Casey to put together terrible defence. The second unit has 2Pats and TH protecting the rim and GV-Lou-Ross on the perimeter. They also chuck up a lot of shots early. Nobody is forcing set rotations either.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      that's a lot to ask. A lot of playoff teams came and went. Joe Johnson & Josh Smith Hawks or Iggy, Holiday 76ers. Playoff teams that people expected to take next level but in the end it didn't happen. We could be one of those teams. Honestly it seems they are that tier of a team. If Masai makes right trades and development goes right we'll take next step.
      a possibility and i dont want to be part of them ... i want us to be better and everyone should realize the trash that has fallen before and thus avoid it

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Meanwhile, Heat only scored 3 points for nearly 12 mins near the end of their game vs Mavs. 3 POINTS!!!!
        apparently outscored 14-2 by our friend Charlie V at one point

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          apparently outscored 14-2 by our friend Charlie V at one point
          ...aaaaannnddd they still got 2 all-stars. Can someone explain that to me?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Nobody is forcing Casey to put together terrible defence. The second unit has 2Pats and TH protecting the rim and GV-Lou-Ross on the perimeter. They also chuck up a lot of shots early. Nobody is forcing set rotations either.
            You should discuss this with Masai.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              You should discuss this with Masai.
              Red Herring much

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                ...aaaaannnddd they still got 2 all-stars. Can someone explain that to me?
                They have 2 future HOFamers who are still all stars on a shit team. ASG is an individual award.

Comment

• well at least Bulls lost back to back
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This game confirmed to me that recently Lowry's 3 point attempts have been just as bad, if not worse, than Lou Williams, except Lou gets fouled on a stupid percentage of his. It's probably just because Lowry's in a 3 point slump though that I'm realising it.

Loved DeMar's game for the most part also; had 4 quick assists in the game off great passes, had an assist to Amir to tie it in regulation and hit some big, big shots also.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                      They have 2 future HOFamers who are still all stars on a shit team. ASG is an individual award.
                      But it's not supposed to be about a player's career. It's supposed to celebrate the achievements of the best players of a particular half season. Honestly, I think the fans did a better job than the coaches this year. Melo, and Kobe shouldn't have been there, but everyone else were perfect picks.

But both benches are filled with stars who are on teams with losing records, or who haven't played half a season -- blocking out guys like Lillard, Korver, and Knight... I know that means Boogie Cousins wouldn't be considered for a spot (which sucks), but thems the breaks. I don't want to see Wade, Bosh, KD, Westbrook take spots from guys on teams with better records:

Conley should be an all-star.
                      So should Korver.
                      Dragic should have at least been in the conversation
                      Lillard should have been a lock!

I could go on... They all play on teams with winning records, probably all have clauses in their contracts tied to all-star appearances, and they all should have been rewarded.

Coaches -- not fans -- have decided to reward vet teams with losing records with multiple all-stars, after fans rewarded young up and comers who deserved recognition (even NO is over .500).

Again, the Heat are playing miserably -- why did the coaches (in all their wisdom ) give them 2 all star spots?

Comment

• Whoa. I'm watching the DVR & I'm wondering why we couldn't close them out. Then I remember that we concede the middle to penetration more often than Spring Thomas. Damn!

Comment

• Stevo wrote: View Post
                          Well, if we're gonna look long-term then here's my two cents:

#1 We do need to play JV for DEVELOPMENT for the playoffs, or next season I guess. He's gotta be able to read plays offensively, as in when to pass out of a double team or even when to pump fake. Defensively, it's about his rotations and help defense. Coaches gotta put in more time with him in-game and in practices. Our chances of being a championship team are so much higher with an effective big at both ends of the court.

#2 Limit the use of iso ball. We can't change players and their habits in the game, but Demar showed you can play iso ball smart by at least getting to the line or like tonight, set up for a pass to the open man when in iso mode. Lowry, Lou Williams, and GV don't do this nearly as effectively. Not giving DD a pass because he's been ineffective for long stretches as well, but he's always improving and that's gotta be appreciated. Lowry's gotta figure out when to be more of a true point guard because four guys playing hero ball is redundant. Lowry's best plays are on defense, not on offense.

#3 TRoss needs more plays drawn up especially for him, because he's got the talent to be a offensive starter, just not the experience or maturity to do it consistently. Until he develops that on his own 3-5 different plays for a higher percentage shot should keep his confidence up to help him develop. Lowry, as the leader of the pack and primary ball handler, has to set this up for him for the best of the team. The coach is only able to do so much when the clock is running. Lowry has to be the coach while the ball is in play.

#4 Dwayne Casey could use an offensive coordinator. Allowing four guards to run iso ball to get back in to games tells me he's not sure how his offense could be used more effectively. As it is with the smartest business people in the world, if you can't do it, hire someone else to do it and take final credit for it. =)
                          Going back to one of your earlier posts of how we shouldn't fire Casey, it's funny how all those things you listed are exactly why I want him gone. His reputation of not making major positive changes isn't reassuring for the future of the franchise.

And we got an offensive coordinator last year in Nick Nurse, if I'm not mistaken. I'm almost 100% certain we ran more set plays last season and it seems like our whole strategy changed when lou came on board. (Not saying it's his fault)

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Going back to one of your earlier posts of how we shouldn't fire Casey, it's funny how all those things you listed are exactly why I want him gone. His reputation of not making major positive changes isn't reassuring for the future of the franchise.

And we got an offensive coordinator last year in Nick Nurse, if I'm not mistaken. I'm almost 100% certain we ran more set plays last season and it seems like our whole strategy changed when lou came on board. (Not saying it's his fault)
                            Uh....you have me mistaken for another dude. I didn't say that we shouldn't fire Casey (though it wouldn't make any sense to fire Casey right now), I was more saying to the cynical haters how we should enjoy such a thoroughly entertaining game against Brooklyn, instead of whine and bitch about this and that.

Comment

• Lowry needs a night off...badly.

Comment

• wow i'm so glad i barely join in on these game threads anymore. people are all acting like if we don't blow out a team by 20+ points then it must mean we are just fucking horrible.

remember when this team ALWAYS lost in OT?

Comment

Working...
                                X