No announcement yet.

Game #47: Toronto Raptors 127 - Brooklyn Nets 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread has turned into a gongshow smh.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Such amazing insight (sarcasm) ... You do realize the Hawks and GSW is practically blowing out EVERY team in the league right??? Lol wow.... who is this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lou and GV won't hit shots every night but they will always be piss poor defensively. You can't have a terrible defensive second unit. Guys like Roberson play because of that. Even Iggy was moved to improve bench defence. Nobody expects the bench to score that isn't the primary role of a bench

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Lou and GV won't hit shots every night but they will always be piss poor defensively. You can't have a terrible defensive second unit. Guys like Roberson play because of that. Even Iggy was moved to improve bench defence. Nobody expects the bench to score that isn't the primary role of a bench
        So it's not Casey's fault it's now Masai's?? Make up your mind dude!

We're 32-15 cheer up

We won the game and it was very entertaining

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          Lol hahaha

You're excluded and you know it! I started off not giving a shit either.... Then I realized the mob was getting too confident and maybe even a little irrational.

I wouldn't say they're irrational. I mean when I get pissed off at someone, I often beat their head in with a rock or hang them by their neck until they're dead.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            This thread has turned into a gongshow smh.
            Yeah, everyone on the forum is so surly right now. Raptors need to go on a five-game win streak to cheer everyone up.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              Yeah, everyone on the forum is so surly right now. Raptors need to go on a five-game win streak to cheer everyone up.
              only against elite teams for some people.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• they became a better team so the expectations increased ... they showed last year that they could play a top 10 defense and offense team and could always play hard ... all we ask is that they play that way to make the next step to be a perennial playoff team ( coach included )

Comment

• Game #47: Toronto Raptors 127 - Brooklyn Nets 122

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  I wouldn't say they're irrational. I mean when I get pissed off at someone, I often beat their head in with a rock or hang them by their neck until they're dead.
                  I said MAYBE even a little irrational.... Most had good points for sure

Oh I see what you did there lol

Last edited by special1; Sat Jan 31, 2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Well, if we're gonna look long-term then here's my two cents:

#1 We do need to play JV for DEVELOPMENT for the playoffs, or next season I guess. He's gotta be able to read plays offensively, as in when to pass out of a double team or even when to pump fake. Defensively, it's about his rotations and help defense. Coaches gotta put in more time with him in-game and in practices. Our chances of being a championship team are so much higher with an effective big at both ends of the court.

#2 Limit the use of iso ball. We can't change players and their habits in the game, but Demar showed you can play iso ball smart by at least getting to the line or like tonight, set up for a pass to the open man when in iso mode. Lowry, Lou Williams, and GV don't do this nearly as effectively. Not giving DD a pass because he's been ineffective for long stretches as well, but he's always improving and that's gotta be appreciated. Lowry's gotta figure out when to be more of a true point guard because four guys playing hero ball is redundant. Lowry's best plays are on defense, not on offense.

#3 TRoss needs more plays drawn up especially for him, because he's got the talent to be a offensive starter, just not the experience or maturity to do it consistently. Until he develops that on his own 3-5 different plays for a higher percentage shot should keep his confidence up to help him develop. Lowry, as the leader of the pack and primary ball handler, has to set this up for him for the best of the team. The coach is only able to do so much when the clock is running. Lowry has to be the coach while the ball is in play.

#4 Dwayne Casey could use an offensive coordinator. Allowing four guards to run iso ball to get back in to games tells me he's not sure how his offense could be used more effectively. As it is with the smartest business people in the world, if you can't do it, hire someone else to do it and take final credit for it. =)
                    Last edited by Stevo; Sat Jan 31, 2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                      they became a better team so the expectations increased ... they showed last year that they could play a top 10 defense and offense team and could always play hard ... all we ask is that they play that way to make the next step to be a perennial playoff team ( coach included )
                      that's a lot to ask. A lot of playoff teams came and went. Joe Johnson & Josh Smith Hawks or Iggy, Holiday 76ers. Playoff teams that people expected to take next level but in the end it didn't happen. We could be one of those teams. Honestly it seems they are that tier of a team. If Masai makes right trades and development goes right we'll take next step.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Heat only scored 3 points for nearly 12 mins near the end of their game vs Mavs. 3 POINTS!!!!
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

"Stop right there rocwell!"
                          Soooooo, it's okay to get an erection from this right?

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                            Soooooo, it's okay to get an erection from this right?
                            The girl behind her looks pretty hot.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I also think that defensively the Raptors are pretty good when they're in the lead. We seem to get destroyed in transition defense especially, and that seems to happen most when the Raptors are down since everyone's looking to get involved offensively to bring the team back up, whether it be going for the offensively board or getting in position for clean shot off a pass from an o-reb. Thing is though, aside from Amir, none of our bigs position themselves well enough for o-rebs so that mindset doesn't work.

Comment

• Mavs went on a 37-2 run
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X