Game #47: Toronto Raptors 127 - Brooklyn Nets 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    wow i'm so glad i barely join in on these game threads anymore. people are all acting like if we don't blow out a team by 20+ points then it must mean we are just fucking horrible.

remember when this team ALWAYS lost in OT?
    Agreed about that. I didn't watch the game but teams make runs. Especially when they are down big toward the end of the game. We shouldn't let teams go on such big runs before we step it up again but a win is a win. I feel like we are moving the ball better lately from looking at our total assists the past couple of games so that's good. Our D is always going to be bad when you have GV Lou Ross PPatt and TH on the floor at the same time, so always expect a run from the other team when that group is on the floor lol. But other than that from the highlights the game looked very entertaining and we need games like this so we can learn how to win close games and make big shots
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm very impressed with Demar the last couple of games too. It looks like he's really moving the ball well lately and he's getting to the line a lot again. Also his mid range shot is coming back into form. Well he uses his mid range game well and doesn't take those quick long 2's or ISO long 2's he looks soooo much better. I love when he uses his mid range game off of screens and posting up, that's when he looks good
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DD has really stepped up the last few games.

Our boy is back!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Our D is always going to be bad when you have GV Lou Ross PPatt and TH on the floor at the same time, so always expect a run from the other team when that group is on the floor lol.
          Net rating for that lineup is +12.7. Net rating for last night's starting lineup is +5.9. lol.

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/...EVIATION&dir=1

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
            Net rating for that lineup is +12.7. Net rating for last night's starting lineup is +5.9. lol.

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/...EVIATION&dir=1
            PPat was -12 vs BKN and the entire bench was negative except GV. TRoss and TH at -7 and -6 are better indicators since neither started or finished the game. +/- is stupid but since they play as a group the bulk of time was a net negative at -6 or -7. The bench group gives up runs.

Comment

• Stevo wrote: View Post
              Thing is though, aside from Amir, none of our bigs position themselves well enough for o-rebs so that mindset doesn't work.
              Offensive rebounds per 36 minutes: Hansbrough 3.9, Valanciunas 3.5, A. Johnson 3.1, Patterson 2.3, J. Johnson 1.7

By way of comparison: T. Duncan 3.0, T. Splitter 3.0, L. Aldridge 2.6, R. Lopez 4.3, D. Cousins 3.3, K. Perkins 3.2, A. Davis 2.6, O. Asik 4.7, Z. Randolph 4.2

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                32-15 calm down haters...

Imagine if we lost more games....😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I don't think making specific observations about ongoing poor / odd decision making, rotations and x and o's qualifies someone as a hater.

Comment

• In last night's game, they gave up one run. The run continued when the starters came back in. Normally, the bench handily outscores the other team.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                    Offensive rebounds per 36 minutes: Hansbrough 3.9, Valanciunas 3.5, A. Johnson 3.1, Patterson 2.3, J. Johnson 1.7

By way of comparison: T. Duncan 3.0, T. Splitter 3.0, L. Aldridge 2.6, R. Lopez 4.3, D. Cousins 3.3, K. Perkins 3.2, A. Davis 2.6, O. Asik 4.7, Z. Randolph 4.2
                    2 PF means offensive rebounds. Its defensive rebounding that sucks. Both 2Pats and TH can get pushed easier than JV.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      But it's not supposed to be about a player's career. It's supposed to celebrate the achievements of the best players of a particular half season. Honestly, I think the fans did a better job than the coaches this year. Melo, and Kobe shouldn't have been there, but everyone else were perfect picks.

But both benches are filled with stars who are on teams with losing records, or who haven't played half a season -- blocking out guys like Lillard, Korver, and Knight... I know that means Boogie Cousins wouldn't be considered for a spot (which sucks), but thems the breaks. I don't want to see Wade, Bosh, KD, Westbrook take spots from guys on teams with better records:

Conley should be an all-star.
                      So should Korver.
                      Dragic should have at least been in the conversation
                      Lillard should have been a lock!

I could go on... They all play on teams with winning records, probably all have clauses in their contracts tied to all-star appearances, and they all should have been rewarded.

Coaches -- not fans -- have decided to reward vet teams with losing records with multiple all-stars, after fans rewarded young up and comers who deserved recognition (even NO is over .500).

Again, the Heat are playing miserably -- why did the coaches (in all their wisdom ) give them 2 all star spots?
                      Disagree about Korver....he's an elite role player, nothing more.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Korver is really important to the Hawks. He always creates space since teams over cover him. He draws attention like a superstar.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          He's having maybe the best shooting season in NBA history...I say he should be an All-Star
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Stevo wrote: View Post
                            Uh....you have me mistaken for another dude. I didn't say that we shouldn't fire Casey (though it wouldn't make any sense to fire Casey right now), I was more saying to the cynical haters how we should enjoy such a thoroughly entertaining game against Brooklyn, instead of whine and bitch about this and that.
                            Can't we enjoy the game as a contest, admit it was entertaining, but still get frustrated at early in the clock contested 3's from Lou. No JJ (didn't realize injured - but he's been in the dog house for weeks now), wasted possessions when up by double digits, and again a JV banishment in the 4th (again, is a pattern, didn't realize he might not have been good to go).

Superb game by DD. And Amir was as good as I've seen him in a while. Forgot how could he could be to be honest. He's so efficient offensively. But still can't stand it in some games where he gets a token amount of rebounds, for a PF. I don't want Casey fired, but I hope as a team we'd be open to upgrade, just like at any player position. Ultimately I think, like many, we'll need an upgrade to compete at the highest level. In the meantime enjoying the team, just maybe wish I saw more growth.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              He's having maybe the best shooting season in NBA history...I say he should be an All-Star
                              It's a tough call.. I personally don't care about the all-star game itself and will not be watching.. but for those that are watching I assume they'd like to see lots of highlights and not a guy standing around the 3 point line.

Jose made the 50/40/90 club twice and he didn't make the team but nobody made a fuss about it either. I get that he's shooting > 50% at the 3 point line, but I don't think he should have gotten in. The Hawks deserve to bring in 3 stars because they are kicking ass in the East. I think 4 stars would have been a bit much considering nobody got voted in.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                It's a tough call.. I personally don't care about the all-star game itself and will not be watching.. but for those that are watching I assume they'd like to see lots of highlights and not a guy standing around the 3 point line.

Jose made the 50/40/90 club twice and he didn't make the team but nobody made a fuss about it either. I get that he's shooting > 50% at the 3 point line, but I don't think he should have gotten in. The Hawks deserve to bring in 3 stars because they are kicking ass in the East. I think 4 stars would have been a bit much considering nobody got voted in.
                                Korver could be added instead of Teague. Teague is great but he would struggle more without Korver than Korver would without Teague.

Comment

Working...
                                X