Game #47: Toronto Raptors 127 - Brooklyn Nets 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Korver could be added instead of Teague. Teague is great but he would struggle more without Korver than Korver would without Teague.
    Korver is only bringing in 13ppg. I think you might be over-exaggerating a bit there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Korver is only bringing in 13ppg. I think you might be over-exaggerating a bit there.
      The Hawks are much better with Korver on the floor. He opens it up for everyone. His presence alone has an impact.

Comment

http://grantland.com/features/kyle-k...atlanta-hawks/

Korver is defended like a Durant. Something Calderon never created regardless of shooting.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
          Can't we enjoy the game as a contest, admit it was entertaining, but still get frustrated at early in the clock contested 3's from Lou. No JJ (didn't realize injured - but he's been in the dog house for weeks now), wasted possessions when up by double digits, and again a JV banishment in the 4th (again, is a pattern, didn't realize he might not have been good to go).

Superb game by DD. And Amir was as good as I've seen him in a while. Forgot how could he could be to be honest. He's so efficient offensively. But still can't stand it in some games where he gets a token amount of rebounds, for a PF. I don't want Casey fired, but I hope as a team we'd be open to upgrade, just like at any player position. Ultimately I think, like many, we'll need an upgrade to compete at the highest level. In the meantime enjoying the team, just maybe wish I saw more growth.
          You have to consider his defence. Hedge and recover, as well as guarding stretch 4's means less opportunity for rebounds as he is being dragged away from the basket.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            You have to consider his defence. Hedge and recover, as well as guarding stretch 4's means less opportunity for rebounds as he is being dragged away from the basket.
            Amir really doesn't fight to pad stats. He does box out and keeps the ball away from Oreb. Also both he and JV are hyper efficient meaning fewer OReb. Faried and Drummond grab a lot of their own misses

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
              Offensive rebounds per 36 minutes: Hansbrough 3.9, Valanciunas 3.5, A. Johnson 3.1, Patterson 2.3, J. Johnson 1.7

By way of comparison: T. Duncan 3.0, T. Splitter 3.0, L. Aldridge 2.6, R. Lopez 4.3, D. Cousins 3.3, K. Perkins 3.2, A. Davis 2.6, O. Asik 4.7, Z. Randolph 4.2
              Would be nice to see TH and JV sharing the frontcourt every once in a while... TH could play his natural position... And from those numbers about, doesn't seem like they would be giving up many rebounds.

Comment

It's a tough call.. I personally don't care about the all-star game itself and will not be watching.. but for those that are watching I assume they'd like to see lots of highlights and not a guy standing around the 3 point line.

Jose made the 50/40/90 club twice and he didn't make the team but nobody made a fuss about it either. I get that he's shooting > 50% at the 3 point line, but I don't think he should have gotten in. The Hawks deserve to bring in 3 stars because they are kicking ass in the East. I think 4 stars would have been a bit much considering nobody got voted in.
                Even though Korver and Draymond Green have played at All Star level, I'm with pm on this (although I admit I did say earlier Korver should make the team).. The game is for fans of this sort of thing, more akin to the And1 tour than NBA basketball.

They don't want to watch Draymond's smothering defence or Korver's pure shooting. They'd rather see 1 cool alley-oop dunk than 10 perfect defensive rotations., in fact the less defence, the better. And if you want to see maybe the best pure shooting, well there's the 3 pt competition.

And I won't be watching the game either.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Amir really doesn't fight to pad stats. He does box out and keeps the ball away from Oreb. Also both he and JV are hyper efficient meaning fewer OReb. Faried and Drummond grab a lot of their own misses
                  kind of hilarious that of all the raptors players to represent on nba's top leaders in whatever stat, amir is the one to do it for us

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Agreed about that. I didn't watch the game but teams make runs. Especially when they are down big toward the end of the game. We shouldn't let teams go on such big runs before we step it up again but a win is a win. I feel like we are moving the ball better lately from looking at our total assists the past couple of games so that's good. Our D is always going to be bad when you have GV Lou Ross PPatt and TH on the floor at the same time, so always expect a run from the other team when that group is on the floor lol. But other than that from the highlights the game looked very entertaining and we need games like this so we can learn how to win close games and make big shots
                    That group has played together less than 68 minutes this year. And they are +15 in that short period. Guessing few big runs occurred..
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      ️Ya. But often he is just poor at it too. Doesn't battle or box out. He is a below average rebounder, not typically good on the offensive glass either where he isn't being dragged out of position And I don't think he is a particularly good defender either. And not a shot blocker. I do like his offense. Very smart,opportunistic and high percentage. I like Amir. But would prefer a better rebounder and defender to start. Shot blocking would be a bonus.

Comment

️Ya. But often he is just poor at it too. Doesn't battle or box out. He is a below average rebounder, not typically good on the offensive glass either where he isn't being dragged out of position And I don't think he is a particularly good defender either. And not a shot blocker. I do like his offense. Very smart,opportunistic and high percentage. I like Amir. But would prefer a better rebounder and defender to start. Shot blocking would be a bonus.
                        How do you know he doesn't box out? He doesn't always, but neither do most bigs.

To know for sure, you'd pretty well have to break down game film, which I'm guessing none of us do, or know a site that tracks this info and makes it available to the public.

Comment

Raptors with JV + Amir are elite defensive rebounders. Team is top 4 even with a second unit with trouble grabbing DReb.

Comment

Raptors with JV + Amir are elite defensive rebounders. Team is top 4 even with a second unit with trouble grabbing DReb.
                            We are top 4 in rebounding as a team? I'm shocked. And I guess I was wrong about the GV Lou Ross PPatt and TH combination, thanks for clearing that up guys
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              We are top 4 in rebounding as a team? I'm shocked. And I guess I was wrong about the GV Lou Ross PPatt and TH combination, thanks for clearing that up guys
                              We're also #1 in the nba in second chance pts which surprised the hell outta me
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                We're also #1 in the nba in second chance pts which surprised the hell outta me
                                Only real issue is def rebounding without JV since that's the second half and crunch time.

Comment

Working...
                                X