No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler and Aaron Afflalo are on the trading block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faried is the one I'd want. No interest in Afflalo. Chandler would be nice for the right price, but I wouldn't give up a 1st for a season and a half of Chandler. Chandler is only guaranteed $2M next year so expiring contracts isn't going to get it done. If they wanna take a 2nd rounder or two and an expiring like Fields then I'd do it. Anything more and I pass.

I wouldn't trade DD for Faried, but I would do Ross and a 1st, probably doesn't get it done but that's what I'd offer.

Comment

I get the feeling Masai is gonna trade JJ and fields for chandler. Chandler is basically JJ but with a shot and denver gets an expiring to boot. Masai is a great trader and could pull this off although we wanna see JJ stay and cock the joint back and bang on the opposition.

Comment

Vasquez/Ross/Hayes 2nd round pick for Affalo and Chandler get it done
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I will accept this trade happily

Comment

Maybe Fields and a first round pick would pry Chandler from Denver, but either JJ or Ross would have to be moved eventually for Bruno's development to begin next season. Preferably JJ. I see Ross replacing Lou next season. Then Masai main job is to get a 4 in the Sumner.

Comment

Every trade idea presented in this thread so far is terrible, and I say that as someone who thinks trading Ross is definitely an idea with exploring.

Aaron Afflalo is basically DeMar except four years older. Wilson Chandler is a decent bench player, good enough to get minutes in the playoffs but by no means a starter on a true championship-level team. Neither of them are the piece that turns the Raptors into a true contender; neither of them gives us the oomph we need to beat the Warriors or the Rockets or the Spurs or the Grizzlies or whoever wins the West (but it'll be one of those four).

I don't have an issue with trading for either of them, but seriously: a trade where we give away multiple assets (Ross, a first-rounder) for either of them is a stupid, stupid trade.

Comment

We slept on mozgov, somebody many people were calling for as a backup c, and a direct competitor nabbed him up... I think we should scoop up Chandler but leave afflalo out. I think we should try and work a double trade, grabbing Chandler from Denver for expirings and a first or second ... And then grab Taj from chicago with Lou + Hands and a first. This would offer multiple different line up options...

@PG Lowry / Vasquez

@SG DD / Ross

@SF Chandler (or JJ) / JJ (or Chandler) / Bruno

@PF one of Amir or Taj if Chandler starts at SF but 2pat if JJ starts but if 2pat does start then Amir should be backup PF and Taj backup C

@C JV / Taj (unless he starts in place of Amir) / Bebe

Just my opinion but I like the diversity of that

Comment

I used to be jealous of Aaron Afflalo... He was the one to follow... Now he's just okay
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

It bugs me that everyone is spelling Arron Afflalo's name wrong, and it bugs me that nobody realizes he is currently having his worst season beyond the arc.

We need a guy that's like Afflalo, but not struggling. He's got just barely over .340 from beyond the arc, which is slight, but still a downgrade from Ross in that category of consistency and need.

We do need a trade before the deadline to make any noise in the playoffs, and I don't want GV starting in the playoffs, hopefully Masai can sprinkle his magic and get a trade done without harming the team.
                    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

What would we need to give up to get Wilson Chandler?

I think we should really make a move for him to be our starting 3. Team option at 7M$ for next year, bring back Amir on a 1 year contract, then make a big splash in 2016 free agency!

Jonas//Lucas
                      Amir/Patrick/James
                      Wilson/Terrence/Bruno
                      DeMar/Lou
                      Kyle/Greivis

*Edit*

If I was Masai I would offer our 1st round draft pick.
                      Last edited by charlesnba23; Sun Feb 1, 2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        What would we need to give up to get Wilson Chandler?

I think we should really make a move for him to be our starting 3. Team option at 7M$ for next year, bring back Amir on a 1 year contract, then make a big splash in 2016 free agency!

Jonas//Lucas
                        Amir/Patrick/James
                        Wilson/Terrence/Bruno
                        DeMar/Lou
                        Kyle/Greivis
                        Amir will not resign for 1 year!
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Amir will not resign for 1 year!
                          Not even for 10M$ and a chance to prove he's worth a long term contract?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Not even for 10M$ and a chance to prove he's worth a long term contract?
                            No team would sign Amir for 1 year. He is going to miss a lot of time eventually and will probably need surgery.

Comment

I'd love to sign Amir for 1 year. But I doubt he goes for it unless we offer a huge amount - say 15M+.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

No thanks , I have watched the Nuggets the last few games , they miss George Karl - and the GM is dreaming if they think that they will be getting any talent in return. Excluding Ty Lawson and Faried ( who can rebound and hit up to 8 ft shots) the remaining players will be stars on the Knicks and the Lakers and the 76ers.

There is talent , but I don't know how long it will take for the Denver players to recover

Comment

Working...
                                X