Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon
    replied
    Every trade idea presented in this thread so far is terrible, and I say that as someone who thinks trading Ross is definitely an idea with exploring.

Aaron Afflalo is basically DeMar except four years older. Wilson Chandler is a decent bench player, good enough to get minutes in the playoffs but by no means a starter on a true championship-level team. Neither of them are the piece that turns the Raptors into a true contender; neither of them gives us the oomph we need to beat the Warriors or the Rockets or the Spurs or the Grizzlies or whoever wins the West (but it'll be one of those four).

I don't have an issue with trading for either of them, but seriously: a trade where we give away multiple assets (Ross, a first-rounder) for either of them is a stupid, stupid trade.

Leave a comment:

• raptorredy
    replied
    Maybe Fields and a first round pick would pry Chandler from Denver, but either JJ or Ross would have to be moved eventually for Bruno's development to begin next season. Preferably JJ. I see Ross replacing Lou next season. Then Masai main job is to get a 4 in the Sumner.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    I will accept this trade happily

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Vasquez/Ross/Hayes 2nd round pick for Affalo and Chandler get it done

Leave a comment:

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    replied
    I get the feeling Masai is gonna trade JJ and fields for chandler. Chandler is basically JJ but with a shot and denver gets an expiring to boot. Masai is a great trader and could pull this off although we wanna see JJ stay and cock the joint back and bang on the opposition.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Faried is the one I'd want. No interest in Afflalo. Chandler would be nice for the right price, but I wouldn't give up a 1st for a season and a half of Chandler. Chandler is only guaranteed $2M next year so expiring contracts isn't going to get it done. If they wanna take a 2nd rounder or two and an expiring like Fields then I'd do it. Anything more and I pass.

I wouldn't trade DD for Faried, but I would do Ross and a 1st, probably doesn't get it done but that's what I'd offer.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I would play defense on this one. If the Nuggets are unloading... they are probably doing so for futures...which is "good" for the Raptors holding NY's 1st in the 2016 draft (worse/highest of NY-Den). Here's hoping both are bottoming out next season so we can scoop up a someone decent in the draft. All to say... I dont want to do anything to possibly "help" Denver next season.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    I bet the NYK/DEN pick we have plus Fields would be enough to get Chandler. No need to get Afflalo.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Chandler is essentially JJ with a 3pt shot. He'd be great starting alongside DeRozan.

With GV, Ross and JJ coming off the bench, it could make Lou and his expiring contract expendable.

Fields (expiring) & 2015 1st for Chandler? Then flip Lou and a 2nd round pick for late 1st (essentially replacing the pick traded away)? Or just trade Lou for Chandler, possibly in a 3-team trade?
    Real talk, how hard is to develop an open 3pt shot? If JJ can knock down the 3 at a somewhat solid rate (> 30%), it could open up the floor a lot.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Two veterans with decent contracts that can help with a playoff push is a good idea, but it would probably involve trading a first round pick (or two) and/or Ross. That's the equivalent of trading the future for short term gain. Not a fan of the idea personally.

Neither of these guys will get them to the 3rd/4th rounds either.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    draps wrote: View Post
    thank god youre not our gm
    youre going to give up a this years expiring for an extra year of more money on the books in mcgee, a first, the best player in the trade in derozan, then amir lmao

not sure why anybody would be that high on faried
    he is what he is, isnt a good defender, and needs to play on a team that runs, which we are not
    his biggest strength is living/playing at altitude and he is getting paid more than demar
    oh and his best year was arguably his first, he hasnt gotten any better
    Chandler and Faried are the only pieces I really like on Denver, so I was musing about the sort of package it would likely require, from Denver's perspective.

As for McGee, I was simply saying that 2016 is the huge year for free agency (not just Durant), so taking on McGee (who could be a great backup rim-protecting C, if a coach/team could get him to focus and buy-in) for a season-and-a-half (in order to acquire other desired pieces) wouldn't impact MU's ability to make a significant splash in free agency that offseason. Yes, it would leave MU with less options for free agency this coming offseason, but the consensus seems to be that the priority is 2016 - plus, McGee could become a valuable trade chip for any teams desperate to free cap space in pursuit of free agents in 2016.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• draps
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Afflalo, especially given his age.

I like Chandler, but I view Faried as the true target on the Nuggets. I'd even be willing to take McGee back to make it happen (he expires ahead of the 2016 offseason).

It would likely require a package of DeRozan & Amir & Fields & 2015 1st, to even start the discussion.
    thank god youre not our gm
    youre going to give up a this years expiring for an extra year of more money on the books in mcgee, a first, the best player in the trade in derozan, then amir lmao

not sure why anybody would be that high on faried
    he is what he is, isnt a good defender, and needs to play on a team that runs, which we are not
    his biggest strength is living/playing at altitude and he is getting paid more than demar
    oh and his best year was arguably his first, he hasnt gotten any better

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Chandler for Ross is kind of a lateral move

i do like the idea of picking up Affalo though. dude's the kind of gritty player we need for the playoffs and moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Package Ross for Chandler or Afflalo.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Personally, I think the closest player to being "untouchable" is Valanciunas. But I assume anyone is available if the price is right.

As for Afflalo/Chandler, I think either player could help us at the 3, especially come playoff time. Last year, Ross was basically a non-factor on either end of the floor. We played 7 games vs. Brooklyn 4-on-5. And I don't believe starting Vasquez is a viable solution.

Having said that, I'm not sure if I want to give up on Ross yet, but Afflalo/Chandler would make reaching the 2nd round much easier.
    Chandler is essentially JJ with a 3pt shot. He'd be great starting alongside DeRozan.

With GV, Ross and JJ coming off the bench, it could make Lou and his expiring contract expendable.

Fields (expiring) & 2015 1st for Chandler? Then flip Lou and a 2nd round pick for late 1st (essentially replacing the pick traded away)? Or just trade Lou for Chandler, possibly in a 3-team trade?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X