Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    If the cap is going up, we should sign important pieces this year as they'll be paid under market value when the cap goes up.

    Comment


    • #32
      Stevo wrote: View Post
      If the cap is going up, we should sign important pieces this year as they'll be paid under market value when the cap goes up.
      That's assuming those "important pieces" undervalue themselves and don't care about the fact that waiting one year would equal a bigger paycheck... Not likely.

      Comment


      • #33
        We should really be hoping to for the most part keep this core in tact, and make savvy (only improve without getting much older) trades and signings, and then trust Masai and his coaching staff to hit some home runs in the draft. Is it Bruno? Is it the NYK/Den pick? Either way, I know there's one coming soon enough, and by that time Val will probably be in his mid 20's averaging 19 and 12. Derozan will be in his late 20's, a solid and savvy 20 ppg guy, and Lowry will be in his early 30's and a solid, savvy Chauncey Billups type leader. 2Pat will be one of the best 3 point shooting power forwards in basketball.

        The point is, this team has a lot of years left in it's key players, so just keep strategically building and the home run will come. Whether draft or trade, I don't see it in free agency though. You can still find key pieces there but I don't see any stars coming unless we draft or trade them. Just the way it is.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #34
          Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          Ross+Amir+Hans+Nogueira+NYK pick for Ibaka.
          Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Ross+ Amir + Bebe+ Hansborough+ tor 2016 1st round pick = Ibaka+ Mitch McGarry
          I'd love Ibaka too but there's zero reason for the Thunder to trade him, let alone for these deals.

          Comment


          • #35
            tDotted wrote: View Post
            I'd love Ibaka too but there's zero reason for the Thunder to trade him, let alone for these deals.
            The Thunder aren't trading Ibaka, period, unless his production absolutely craters. He's one of the best power forwards in the league and the Thunder's window is threatening to close as Durant and Westbrook will have the opportunities to consider other suitors.

            Comment


            • #36
              Center: Jonas Valanciunas, ---------, Lucas Nogueira
              Emeka Okafor 2 Year Deal

              Power Forward: --------, Patrick Patterson, --------
              Patteron starts, Amir Johnson 2 year deal, let James Johnson play spot 4 minutes draft big bruising 4


              Small Forward: Terrence Ross, James Johnson, Bruno Caboclo
              Start James Johnson, trade Terrence Ross, let Bruno play backup and bring Daniels over

              Shooting Guard: DeMar DeRozan, ----------, ------------
              Lou Williams 3 year deal and let Greivis sub in there as well

              Point Guard: Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez, ----------
              Lou Williams and Greivis attempt to snag Tyler Ennis
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

              Comment


              • #37
                breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                That's assuming those "important pieces" undervalue themselves and don't care about the fact that waiting one year would equal a bigger paycheck... Not likely.
                it's not so much about undervalueing all the time for example: Say Love signs a 1 year deal waiting for the cap to jump and Tonya Harding bashes his knees in with a pipe so she can play for Cavs. Sometimes you sacrfice dollars for security
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                Comment


                • #38
                  raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Raptors should at least attempt to see if there is something to salvage when Bargnani is a free agent. Casey is a terrible coach and AB might just have been a victim. A 1-2 year deal like Ed Davis might work for both sides. If AB is willing and a new coach is brought in.
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  This post is lifetime ban worthy.

                  Masai should be doing everything in his power to obtain a restraining order against Bargnani.
                  Its being discussed Nilanka. Shame on you 999.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Patterson will for sure need to be included if we hope to really improve our Bigs.
                    Can't imagine Amir has much trade value at this point.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      thead wrote: View Post
                      it's not so much about undervalueing all the time for example: Say Love signs a 1 year deal waiting for the cap to jump and Tonya Harding bashes his knees in with a pipe so she can play for Cavs. Sometimes you sacrfice dollars for security
                      Haha this is so fucked up

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Offer Draymond Green max contract in the offseason. This team needs a SF badly, should be their MAIN priorioriy in the offseason.

                        If we can't get Green, how about McDaniels? or trade for Harrison Barnes.
                        Mamba Mentality

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          TRex wrote: View Post
                          Offer Draymond Green max contract in the offseason. This team needs a SF badly, should be their MAIN priorioriy in the offseason.

                          If we can't get Green, how about McDaniels? or trade for Harrison Barnes.
                          Don't forget Carroll, Rex. UFA, 29 years old, 3 & D guy? Who wouldn't want him?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                          Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            TRex wrote: View Post
                            Offer Draymond Green max contract in the offseason. This team needs a SF badly, should be their MAIN priorioriy in the offseason.

                            If we can't get Green, how about McDaniels? or trade for Harrison Barnes.
                            Green and Barnes both play for Golden State, who are damn well going to find a way to keep both if they can manage it. Their owner has already made it clear he doesn't mind paying the tax for a season or two to get to the bridging point when the cap extensions start hitting. The Warriors will trade David Lee before they trade Green or Barnes.

                            McDaniels has potential, but it's important to note that he's getting a lot of time playing for a bad team and that only magnifies his strengths and obscures his weaknesses.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              This post is lifetime ban worthy.

                              Masai should be doing everything in his power to obtain a restraining order against Bargnani.
                              LMAO I wish there was some way to like posts on the Tapatalk app.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                There's a chance GSW matches an offer on Green, but I throw the max at him and find out. I agree there is no way they trade Barnes - he's cheap and plays a major role, which is very nice for a team close to the tax.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X