What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Hayward's in year-1 of his new fat contract. Even if the Jazz were willing to ship him, we'd have to gut our roster to get it done.
    I'm not sure we would though - the Jazz may be thinking about re-tanking.

Ship out some expirings, ross and a first rounder, then we lose our cap space this summer, but Hayward is the type of guy we need.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but my impression is:

-pretty good shooting (% would improve when he's not the first option)
    -unselfish
    -passable defense
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post

Ship out some expirings, ross and a first rounder, then we lose our cap space this summer, but Hayward is the type of guy we need.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but my impression is:

-pretty good shooting (% would improve when he's not the first option)
      -unselfish
      -passable defense
      The Jazz are building a good young core with Favors, Kanter, Gobert, Hayward, Burke, Burks, Exum, Hood.

The one thing they're missing is a true #1 scoring option.

I'd use DeRozan to try and pry Favors from them. Amir or Hansbrough could be added, in order to balance salary. If Toronto could somehow snag Burks as well (Utah would have PG-Exum/Burke & SG-DeRozan/Hood), that would be icing on the cake.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        The Jazz are building a good young core with Favors, Kanter, Gobert, Hayward, Burke, Burks, Exum, Hood.

I'd use DeRozan to try and pry Favors from them. Amir or Hansbrough could be added, in order to balance salary. If Toronto could somehow snag Burks as well (Utah would have PG-Exum/Burke & SG-DeRozan/Hood), that would be icing on the cake.
        Now there's a trade I'd go for if we were getting rid of Demar.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Why do people keep saying ridiculous things like this?

The Jazz are, right now, fairly bad: they're middle of the pack in offense and ludicrously bad on D. But they're running a very young team: with the exception of Steve Novak they don't have any other player older than 27, and every single one of their starters (Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks and Exum/Burke) is younger than 23.

They're bad right now because they're giving their promising young players lots of burn to make those young players into good players. They're not going to trade away their quality young players for trash in order to be bad for a longer period of time.

Besides, the Jazz don't need to do anything to get a lottery pick. They'll get one this year, probably in the 6-8 range, and then they can use it or package it for a star and then they'll be back in contention.

I know: Hayward's a good player, it would be great to see him in a Raps jersey. But this is not going to happen. Teams do not trade away their good, young assets, because they're good young assets, unless one of the following scenarios is in play:

1. The player is unhappy and there isn't much time left on their contract so they might leave for free
          2. The player is talented but a basketcase
          3. The player is coming up for their rookie extension and the team likes him but probably can't afford it
          4. The team can get more in trade than the player is worth

Scenarios 1 through 3 do not apply to Utah. Scenario 4: we don't have enough. MAYBE Terrence Ross and three first-round picks would get Utah to consider trading Hayward or Derrick Favors. MAYBE. But then again, a young guy who's proven he can seriously hang with top-tier players in the NBA is worth a lot more than three prospects who haven't proven anything.

Comment

Of the 3 Jazz bigs, I would think Kanter is the most expendable. Gobert is a beast-in-waiting.

Comment

Of the 3 Jazz bigs, I would think Kanter is the most expendable. Gobert is a beast-in-waiting.
              I assume Kanter would be the most expendable, but I'm not a fan - wasn't in the draft and am still not. If I was giving up DeRozan, it would be Favors-or-bust. I drool at the prospect of a JV/Favors front court... just think of all the picks they could set! lol

Comment

I assume Kanter would be the most expendable, but I'm not a fan - wasn't in the draft and am still not. If I was giving up DeRozan, it would be Favors-or-bust. I drool at the prospect of a JV/Favors front court... just think of all the picks they could set! lol
                Agreed. I have no interest in Kanter either. It's definitely Favors or bust.

But if I'm Utah, I make Favors basically untouchable.

Comment

Agreed. I have no interest in Kanter either. It's definitely Favors or bust.

But if I'm Utah, I make Favors basically untouchable.
                  The only way Utah trades Favors is if we give them Jonas which will never happen
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Offer Draymond Green max contract in the offseason. This team needs a SF badly, should be their MAIN priorioriy in the offseason.

If we can't get Green, how about McDaniels? or trade for Harrison Barnes.
                    Or offer JV + Ross + picks for Cousins.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Or offer JV + Ross + picks for Cousins.
                      That is dumb.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        That is dumb.
                        Because?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Because?
                          Because he is going to walk away, what, next year? Why throw our assets away?

Also you would be giving away an amazing inside presence with a large array of skills, and a developing (minimum) 3&D guy no where near his ceiling for only an inside threat with a attitude issue

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            Because he is going to walk away, what, next year? Why throw our assets away?

Also you would be giving away an amazing inside presence with a large array of skills, and a developing (minimum) 3&D guy no where near his ceiling for only an inside threat with a attitude issue[
                            Walk away? he signed through 2018 season. What are you talking about?

So you wouldn't trade away two UNPROVEN players for Cousins? now that's dumb.

Cousins is the BEST center in the game. Probably the best C this league has seen since Shaq. He's only 24 years old.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Guys... stop it.

The best player to go after atm is a 3. Patterson is a starting caliber 4. We've seen that. Amir and his wobbly anks can ride the bench.

JV is fine... and you know what? Bebe might be something himself. You know? The other Brazil freak we have?

A 3 is the best thing for us. A 3&D guy with a post game that can either start or ride the bench himself, jumping JJ into our starting 5, giving us our best lineup.

Not to mention the other players we have at the 4 and 5. Hands-bro, Chuck and the Steamer.

Stiesma would play if Casey wasn't using small units. In fact, he's mainly here to help JV's game out. I knew that, and hoped he would play a few minutes to show him. He hasn't.

Jut my thoughts.

No need to go get Boogie....
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Guys... stop it.

The best player to go after atm is a 3. Patterson is a starting caliber 4. We've seen that. Amir and his wobbly anks can ride the bench.

JV is fine... and you know what? Bebe might be something himself. You know? The other Brazil freak we have?

A 3 is the best thing for us. A 3&D guy with a post game that can either start or ride the bench himself, jumping JJ into our starting 5, giving us our best lineup.

Not to mention the other players we have at the 4 and 5. Hands-bro, Chuck and the Steamer.

Stiesma would play if Casey wasn't using small units. In fact, he's mainly here to help JV's game out. I knew that, and hoped he would play a few minutes to show him. He hasn't.

Jut my thoughts.

No need to go get Boogie....
                                Sigh. That is like saying, no need to get Klay Thompson because we already have DeRozan.

Getting a guy like Cousins would improve this team SIGNIFICANTLY. A true title contender.

Cousins
                                Amir
                                JJ
                                DeRozan
                                Lowry
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X