What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Sigh. That is like saying, no need to get Klay Thompson because we already have DeRozan.

Getting a guy like Cousins would improve this team SIGNIFICANTLY. A true title contender.

Cousins
    Amir
    JJ
    DeRozan
    Lowry
    Meh

Comment

Sigh. That is like saying, no need to get Klay Thompson because we already have DeRozan.

Getting a guy like Cousins would improve this team SIGNIFICANTLY. A true title contender.

Cousins
      Amir
      JJ
      DeRozan
      Lowry
      You act like Ross can help net DC. I'm not sure the Kings would want him. With young guys at SG in Nik Stuaskas and mclemore, Ross becomes a 3. As a 3, Ross isn't much. WE KNOW THAT. At least, we should. Where else has he played this year?

I get Cousins is a elite player, but I think his attitude could cause issues here. He wants to be a leader. We have one in Lowry.

Plus, Valanciunas is just starting to show glimpses of what he can do. He soon could give Boogie a run for his money in talks. Look at Vucevic or the Gasols. That's who JV can be... and you know what? It's just as effective as Boogie's game.

Plus, the trade hinders the bench and our depth at the 3 spot even more. Who backups JJ? Fields?
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
        Meh
        That's all you got? meh? c'mon you know not trading JV and Ross for Cousins is beyond stupid. Unless you think JV is the second coming of Wilt lol
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's all you got? meh? c'mon you know not trading JV and Ross for Cousins is beyond stupid. Unless you think JV is the second coming of Wilt lol
          JV is going to be a beast in the coming year or two... Depends on the coach. Like just getting the respect of officials is going to be a massive impact on his game.
          I think JV will be one of the top 5 centres in this league in under 3 years.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            You act like Ross can help net DC. I'm not sure the Kings would want him. With young guys at SG in Nik Stuaskas and mclemore, Ross becomes a 3. As a 3, Ross isn't much. WE KNOW THAT. At least, we should. Where else has he played this year?

I get Cousins is a elite player, but I think his attitude could cause issues here. He wants to be a leader. We have one in Lowry.

Plus, Valanciunas is just starting to show glimpses of what he can do. He soon could give Boogie a run for his money in talks. Look at Vucevic or the Gasols. That's who JV can be... and you know what? It's just as effective as Boogie's game.

Plus, the trade hinders the bench and our depth at the 3 spot even more. Who backups JJ? Fields?
            So you're saying Vucevic is just as good/effective as Cousins? ok i'm out.

JV would be lucky to be half as good as Vucecic. Btw, Cousins is only 24. He's going to get better.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

JV would be lucky to be half as good as Vucecic. Btw, Cousins is only 24. He's going to get better.
              Both of those guys have the benefit of being the number 1 or 2 options on their team, with a team that plays inside out. JV is going to be a monster, has no attitude issues, and one the calls start coming more frequently will be averaging nearly 10 freethrows a game. Call me on it if I'm wrong. But he had it in him. Top 5 center in 3 years or less.

Comment

Yes. Place Vucevic on a good team and he's winning you games. We can get that in JV. We just need to play him.

Sheesh, you act like JV is Alabi.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Both of those guys have the benefit of being the number 1 or 2 options on their team, with a team that plays inside out. JV is going to be a monster, has no attitude issues, and one the calls start coming more frequently will be averaging nearly 10 freethrows a game. Call me on it if I'm wrong. But he had it in him. Top 5 center in 3 years or less.
                  Thank you for backing me here. I agree 100%.
                  Axel wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:

Comment

There's a reason why Vucevic and Cousins are the #1 options on their team. There's a reason JV is not. And no it's not about Casey.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Yes. Place Vucevic on a good team and he's winning you games. We can get that in JV. We just need to play him.
                      I agree. Just like Bosh right? he wins you games. But why settle for that if you can get the BEST in the game. The guy who can lead you to the promise land.
                      Last edited by The Great One; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 03:06 PM.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• @ TRex

Ignoring the JV vs Cousins angle....

I just don't like the idea of getting a guy who's a total headcase, and who frankly, has had the luxury of stat-padding his whole career without ever being held accountable for his mistakes at all. He's a terrible leader, both vocally and by example. He just does not have the mental makeup I'd want from a superstar talent. Completely undisciplined egomaniac. He's a lot like a young Zach Randolph to me, and Randolph was so close to washing out of the league before he landed in Memphis.

If you want to gut some assets to chase a young big man that you think is better than JV...fine, there's some merit to that...but I think you're overestimating a guy who's only proven he can put up monster numbers in a consequence-free environment. He might snap out of being a moron one day, but I'm totally cool with NOT being the team to roll the dice on that happening. And after Cousins, there aren't that many guys who have upsides better than Jonas', especially when you include mentality and potential injury concerns.

I realize a guy can't win on his own, but Sacto hasn't even been remotely respectable with Cousins. And yes, the franchise is a mess, but still, they've been absolutely terrible with no signs of improving as a team since getting him, even with the talent level improving over that time. *EDIT: Just to add that a dominant big man alone can basically make a team respectable...see the Pelicans right now...decent roster, but they're total crap without Davis, who makes them a good team pretty much all on his own.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I agree. Just like Bosh right? he wins you games. But why settle for that if you can get the BEST in the game. The guy who can lead you to the promise land.
                          Because we hurt our weakest position even more.

Without Ross, JJ starts. Who backs him up? I said it once, and I will say it again.

Bruno is nowhere near ready to play just yet.

Fields has no shot... yes, he can play D. But that weakens the bench tremendously, which will result in us losing games.

Rather have depth everywhere than a elite player anyday.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            There's a reason why Vucevic and Cousins are the #1 options on their team. There's a reason JV is not. And no it's not about Casey.
                            Actually it's because there was close to zero offensive talent on those teams and they knew they were going to be bad, so they just keep feeding their young bigs.

Comment

• Bruno might never be ready to play in the NBA. Don't let your hopes up about the guy.

As for Ross, he's EASILY replaceable.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Actually it's because there was close to zero offensive talent on those teams and they knew they were going to be bad, so they just keep feeding their young bigs.
                                If Boogie or Vucevic were on this team they'd be ou #1 option too. No?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X