What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Bruno might never be ready to play in the NBA. Don't let your hopes up about the guy.

As for Ross, he's EASILY replaceable.
    But we don't have any space to sign anyone.

I get where you're coming from, but what would you rather? A team like the Lakers or the Spurs?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

If Boogie or Vucevic were on this team they'd be ou #1 option too. No?
      Boogie...maybe...maybe not. He turns it over like crazy and may never have been allowed to be used so much if in an environment that stressed accountability and cutting down mistakes. Would he be used more than Jonas? Probably. First option? Not sure. Would depend on how long it would take him to start limiting his mistakes.

Vuc I seriously doubt. Not even sure he'd be a top 3 option. I doubt he would've gotten the reps needed to improve as a post player if in Toronto, just like Jonas. Vuc was not a good post player coming into the league and it's something he's had a huge amount of freedom in working on in Orlando. If he were playing for us, can't imagine he'd get those reps, especially with his jumpshot. Casey would probably have him in a stretch 5 role.

Comment

Or offer JV + Ross + picks for Cousins.
        Cousins reminds me of a C/PF version of Maggette - he pads his stats on a crappy team, without really making the team better. He's also a complete head case.

Frankly, I'd rather have JV for the long-term. Looking at some advanced stats show that JV is already capable of holding his own, with the potential to equal or even surpass what Cousins brings to the table (given equal opportunity). Here are stats from Basketball Reference (http://bkref.com/tiny/Mx8Sl) using C/PF playing a minimum of 25 MPG, with Valanciunas' rank referenced:

PER - #6 of 19 (Cousins, Gasol, Vucevic, Horford, Chandler)

ORTG - #3 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan) -- Cousins is #15

OWS - #4 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan, Gasol) -- Cousins is #8

WS - #5 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan, Gasol, Horford) -- Cousins is #10

WS/48 - #3 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan) -- Cousins is #6

MP per game - #16 of 19 (only Asik, Mozgov and Hibbert average less) -- Cousins is #1

TOV% - #7 of 19 (Jefferson, Horford, Pekovic, Drummond, B. Lopez, Vucevic) -- Cousins is #17

Not only is a straight-up trade debatable, but the suggestion of including Ross (young and talented 3&D player) and a 1st round pick in addition to JV, makes this a terrible idea.

I agree that Cousins is the better player at the moment. However, he's not a significant upgrade, he's a me-first type player, he's older and has far less untapped potential. Pass.
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Anyways it's a moot point, bec i can't see the Kings trading him. The return would be huge though if they move him.

But back to my original comment. SF should be MU's first priority in the offseason. We need one badly. Offer Draymond Green max money in the summer. See if GSW match.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Boogie...maybe...maybe not. He turns it over like crazy and may never have been allowed to be used so much if in an environment that stressed accountability and cutting down mistakes. Would he be used more than Jonas? Probably. First option? Not sure. Would depend on how long it would take him to start limiting his mistakes.

Vuc I seriously doubt. Not even sure he'd be a top 3 option. I doubt he would've gotten the reps needed to improve as a post player if in Toronto, just like Jonas. Vuc was not a good post player coming into the league and it's something he's had a huge amount of freedom in working on in Orlando. If he were playing for us, can't imagine he'd get those reps, especially with his jumpshot. Casey would probably have him in a stretch 5 role.
            This just got me thinking about something and I'm just gonna toss it out there:

Vuc has been working on his post game a ton, but doesn't offer ANY rim protection.

There may be something to not overwhelming a player with too many different things at once. Focus on one aspect, master it, then move on to the next.

I don't know, I'm just spit balling, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the reason JV's post game isn't emphasized in game is because he's working on something else (becoming one of the better rim protectors in the league) right now.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Cousins reminds me of a C/PF version of Maggette - he pads his stats on a crappy team, without really making the team better. He's also a complete head case.
              Okay, look: you can say that Boogie is a headcase and that's fair, although it's worth remembering that he connected with Malone quite well and played well for him. He was a headcase for Keith Smart and Ty Corbin - and neither of those are great coaches - so it may have been a coaching issue causing the problems for Boogie. But sure, let's concede that he's a difficult player, at least. (Kyle Lowry had a rep for being difficult once too.)

But calling Boogie a stat-stuffer is simply insane. If he was simply a stat-stuffer, his real plus-minus would be relatively low (since all he would be doing would be taking shots/rebounds/etc. that other players would otherwise generate). But Boogie has the fourth-highest plus-minus in the entire NBA (behind Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis). His RPM is higher than LeBron James' RPM.

Boogie might be crazy, but he's not Kevin Love empty stats. He actively changes the floor when he's on it, because he's that good, and Jonas will likely never impact the game as much as Boogie can.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Okay, look: you can say that Boogie is a headcase and that's fair, although it's worth remembering that he connected with Malone quite well and played well for him. He was a headcase for Keith Smart and Ty Corbin - and neither of those are great coaches - so it may have been a coaching issue causing the problems for Boogie. But sure, let's concede that he's a difficult player, at least. (Kyle Lowry had a rep for being difficult once too.)

But calling Boogie a stat-stuffer is simply insane. If he was simply a stat-stuffer, his real plus-minus would be relatively low (since all he would be doing would be taking shots/rebounds/etc. that other players would otherwise generate). But Boogie has the fourth-highest plus-minus in the entire NBA (behind Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis). His RPM is higher than LeBron James' RPM.

Boogie might be crazy, but he's not Kevin Love empty stats. He actively changes the floor when he's on it, because he's that good, and Jonas will likely never impact the game as much as Boogie can.
                Jonas on the other hand, will likely never make such a lazy, unprofessional play (or even worse, so stupid he didn't realize which team was inbounding the ball even as the play unfolded in front of him), then call out his teammates for poor effort just days later...That's just not a guy I want to build around.

*EDIT: And again, it's not because he for sure will never snap out of it and contribute to a contender...I'm just really ok with not being the team to take the risk on that.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

That's fair. My astonishment at the trade being proposed caused me to over-state my point a little. Truth be told, I'd love to pair Cousins with JV, but I wouldn't trade JV for him (let alone with Ross and a 1st round pick).

Comment

• We do have DeAndre Daniels still, he could maybe be a bench wing.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      We do have DeAndre Daniels still, he could maybe be a bench wing.
                      If Lou is moved in a trade then maybe he could be our bench 3, and JJ starts while Ross stays backup SG

Comment

That's fair. My astonishment at the trade being proposed caused me to over-state my point a little. Truth be told, I'd love to pair Cousins with JV, but I wouldn't trade JV for him (let alone with Ross and a 1st round pick).
                        Can JV and Boogie even work? JV would probably do better with a stretch 4 or a guy that's really good at the mid range like Aldridge or Horford.

As for the idea of trading JV for Cousins.. where can I sign up? Cousins is a potential head case sure.. but he's talented. Very talented. And could turn the Raptors into contenders a lot quicker than JV would. Cousins is also only 24 years old.

Comment

• Samuel Isaak wrote: View Post

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            We do have DeAndre Daniels still, he could maybe be a bench wing.
                            Can we bring him here though due to our roster?

I don't know...
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

PER - #6 of 19 (Cousins, Gasol, Vucevic, Horford, Chandler)

ORTG - #3 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan) -- Cousins is #15

OWS - #4 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan, Gasol) -- Cousins is #8

WS - #5 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan, Gasol, Horford) -- Cousins is #10

WS/48 - #3 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan) -- Cousins is #6

MP per game - #16 of 19 (only Asik, Mozgov and Hibbert average less) -- Cousins is #1

TOV% - #7 of 19 (Jefferson, Horford, Pekovic, Drummond, B. Lopez, Vucevic) -- Cousins is #17
                              Wait, wait, wait, wait... you're telling me JV's a top 10 centre, without ANY MINUTES.

HOLY SHIT WHY AREN'T WE PLAYING HIM 30+ MINUTES A GAME!!!!!!!

Comment

• Gonna have to agree with TRex on Cousins.

Yes, he's a bit immature, but the talent is oozing out of every orifice. That's a gamble I take with no hesitation. Put him in a winning culture (like what's currently brewing here), and I bet Cousins grows up real quick.

If all it takes is JV + Ross to get Cousins, I sign as quickly as possible before Sactown realizes the raping they're about to receive.

Comment

Working...
                                X