X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    TALENT wins in this league not chemistry.
    I think you need to take a second and reflect on this....

Miami might have made 4 straight finals and won 2 in a row...but they lost twice to what many people would consider less talented teams.

There was that finals about a decade ago when the 4 future HOFer Lakers got beat by the possibly no future HOFer Pistons.

You can't win without high level of talent. It's not like the examples I just brought up were untalented teams. However, chemistry probably is the key ingredient overall. You can be the most talented team in the league and still lose in the finals to a team with better chemistry (ie a team that plays better as a team).

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    2014 San Antonio Spurs vs Miami Heat shows that this is nowhere near an absolute.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Cousins would destroy chemistry.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    It wasn't because of Ross, it was because of JV... Look at last night for some vision as to what he is truly going to be.
    Can he be as good as Cousins is right now? 24/12 guy? i doubt it. Cousins is not a finished product btw. He's not even in his prime yet.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Why are you so worried about Ross? lol like really man? Ross is EASILY replaceable. Hell i think Ross mins should be given to JJ.

If you can get Cousins for JV and Ross you do that in a heartbeat. No way the Kings would do it though.
    Cousins would destroy chemistry.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    Still wouldn't do that trade bec of Ross?
    It wasn't because of Ross, it was because of JV... Look at last night for some vision as to what he is truly going to be.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Still wouldn't do that trade bec of Ross?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I said it once before.. depth at the 3.

For the team to give up Ross, a 3 has to come back.

Otherwise, we have no depth at that position. And what if JJ goes down?

Things to think about. Otherwise I'd agree wholeheartedly and go on your side.

DEPTH OVER ELITENESS.
    Why are you so worried about Ross? lol like really man? Ross is EASILY replaceable. Hell i think Ross mins should be given to JJ.

If you can get Cousins for JV and Ross you do that in a heartbeat. No way the Kings would do it though.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I can see why your avatar is laughing!
    It's a power scream.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Fields+2nd round pick for Wilson Chandler
    I can see why your avatar is laughing!

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Fields+2nd round pick for Wilson Chandler

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Ross+ Amir + Bebe+ Hansborough+ tor 2016 1st round pick = Ibaka+ Mitch McGarry

Chuck becomes Vet minimum, Lou is extended, 66 million dollars for 2015/16- sign Demarre Carrol with your MLE and your 1st round pick is a point guard
    Don't know why Thunder would do that. And also that leaves only one 3 point threat in the starting lineup.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Okay... but that means giving up something else. What would you give up for a SF, and ho could we nab for that?

Hnads-bro and Fields plus a pick isn't gonna get you much.
    I'm not as concerned about this season as some are. If the highly unrealistic Cousins trade happens, I'd be fine with riding out the rest of the season with DeRozan and JJ sharing minutes at SF. Can look to fill the hole in the offseason via trade, FA signing or draft.

You said "depth over eliteness". I'm of the opposite view. Elite talent acquisition should come before depth. Find your stud horses, then fill out the roster around them.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can address SF depth with a separate trade.
    Okay... but that means giving up something else. What would you give up for a SF, and ho could we nab for that?

Hnads-bro and Fields plus a pick isn't gonna get you much.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I said it once before.. depth at the 3.

For the team to give up Ross, a 3 has to come back.

Otherwise, we have no depth at that position. And what if JJ goes down?

Things to think about. Otherwise I'd agree wholeheartedly and go on your side.

DEPTH OVER ELITENESS.
    Can address SF depth with a separate trade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X