X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    you guys have a flawed perception because of us media JV ranks very similar to cousins yet is two years younger, has a better attitude, averages less minutes, and is not a number one option. he will be better
    Not taking anything away from Jonas at all. He'll be a solid player.

But Cousins is in a different league. Cousins has all the skills to be the best big man in the league right now. Jonas might one day have the tools to be a top 10 big man.

Trade Vlade to get Shaq

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Gonna have to agree with TRex on Cousins.

Yes, he's a bit immature, but the talent is oozing out of every orifice. That's a gamble I take with no hesitation. Put him in a winning culture (like what's currently brewing here), and I bet Cousins grows up real quick.

If all it takes is JV + Ross to get Cousins, I sign as quickly as possible before Sactown realizes the raping they're about to receive.
    you guys have a flawed perception because of us media JV ranks very similar to cousins yet is two years younger, has a better attitude, averages less minutes, and is not a number one option. he will be better

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post

Yes, he's a bit immature, but the talent is oozing out of every orifice. That's a gamble I take with no hesitation. Put him in a winning culture (like what's currently brewing here), and I bet Cousins grows up real quick.

If all it takes is JV + Ross to get Cousins, I sign as quickly as possible before Sactown realizes the raping they're about to receive.
    I said it once before.. depth at the 3.

For the team to give up Ross, a 3 has to come back.

Otherwise, we have no depth at that position. And what if JJ goes down?

Things to think about. Otherwise I'd agree wholeheartedly and go on your side.

DEPTH OVER ELITENESS.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    PER - #6 of 19 (Cousins, Gasol, Vucevic, Horford, Chandler)

ORTG - #3 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan) -- Cousins is #15

OWS - #4 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan, Gasol) -- Cousins is #8

WS - #5 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan, Gasol, Horford) -- Cousins is #10

WS/48 - #3 of 19 (Chandler, Jordan) -- Cousins is #6

MP per game - #16 of 19 (only Asik, Mozgov and Hibbert average less) -- Cousins is #1

TOV% - #7 of 19 (Jefferson, Horford, Pekovic, Drummond, B. Lopez, Vucevic) -- Cousins is #17
    Wait, wait, wait, wait... you're telling me JV's a top 10 centre, without ANY MINUTES.

HOLY SHIT WHY AREN'T WE PLAYING HIM 30+ MINUTES A GAME!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    We do have DeAndre Daniels still, he could maybe be a bench wing.
    Can we bring him here though due to our roster?

I don't know...

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Samuel Isaak wrote: View Post

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That's fair. My astonishment at the trade being proposed caused me to over-state my point a little. Truth be told, I'd love to pair Cousins with JV, but I wouldn't trade JV for him (let alone with Ross and a 1st round pick).
    Can JV and Boogie even work? JV would probably do better with a stretch 4 or a guy that's really good at the mid range like Aldridge or Horford.

As for the idea of trading JV for Cousins.. where can I sign up? Cousins is a potential head case sure.. but he's talented. Very talented. And could turn the Raptors into contenders a lot quicker than JV would. Cousins is also only 24 years old.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    If Lou is moved in a trade then maybe he could be our bench 3, and JJ starts while Ross stays backup SG

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    Okay, look: you can say that Boogie is a headcase and that's fair, although it's worth remembering that he connected with Malone quite well and played well for him. He was a headcase for Keith Smart and Ty Corbin - and neither of those are great coaches - so it may have been a coaching issue causing the problems for Boogie. But sure, let's concede that he's a difficult player, at least. (Kyle Lowry had a rep for being difficult once too.)

But calling Boogie a stat-stuffer is simply insane. If he was simply a stat-stuffer, his real plus-minus would be relatively low (since all he would be doing would be taking shots/rebounds/etc. that other players would otherwise generate). But Boogie has the fourth-highest plus-minus in the entire NBA (behind Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis). His RPM is higher than LeBron James' RPM.

Boogie might be crazy, but he's not Kevin Love empty stats. He actively changes the floor when he's on it, because he's that good, and Jonas will likely never impact the game as much as Boogie can.
    That's fair. My astonishment at the trade being proposed caused me to over-state my point a little. Truth be told, I'd love to pair Cousins with JV, but I wouldn't trade JV for him (let alone with Ross and a 1st round pick).

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    Okay, look: you can say that Boogie is a headcase and that's fair, although it's worth remembering that he connected with Malone quite well and played well for him. He was a headcase for Keith Smart and Ty Corbin - and neither of those are great coaches - so it may have been a coaching issue causing the problems for Boogie. But sure, let's concede that he's a difficult player, at least. (Kyle Lowry had a rep for being difficult once too.)

But calling Boogie a stat-stuffer is simply insane. If he was simply a stat-stuffer, his real plus-minus would be relatively low (since all he would be doing would be taking shots/rebounds/etc. that other players would otherwise generate). But Boogie has the fourth-highest plus-minus in the entire NBA (behind Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis). His RPM is higher than LeBron James' RPM.

Boogie might be crazy, but he's not Kevin Love empty stats. He actively changes the floor when he's on it, because he's that good, and Jonas will likely never impact the game as much as Boogie can.
    Jonas on the other hand, will likely never make such a lazy, unprofessional play (or even worse, so stupid he didn't realize which team was inbounding the ball even as the play unfolded in front of him), then call out his teammates for poor effort just days later...That's just not a guy I want to build around.

*EDIT: And again, it's not because he for sure will never snap out of it and contribute to a contender...I'm just really ok with not being the team to take the risk on that.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    Cousins reminds me of a C/PF version of Maggette - he pads his stats on a crappy team, without really making the team better. He's also a complete head case.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Boogie...maybe...maybe not. He turns it over like crazy and may never have been allowed to be used so much if in an environment that stressed accountability and cutting down mistakes. Would he be used more than Jonas? Probably. First option? Not sure. Would depend on how long it would take him to start limiting his mistakes.

Vuc I seriously doubt. Not even sure he'd be a top 3 option. I doubt he would've gotten the reps needed to improve as a post player if in Toronto, just like Jonas. Vuc was not a good post player coming into the league and it's something he's had a huge amount of freedom in working on in Orlando. If he were playing for us, can't imagine he'd get those reps, especially with his jumpshot. Casey would probably have him in a stretch 5 role.
    This just got me thinking about something and I'm just gonna toss it out there:

Vuc has been working on his post game a ton, but doesn't offer ANY rim protection.

There may be something to not overwhelming a player with too many different things at once. Focus on one aspect, master it, then move on to the next.

I don't know, I'm just spit balling, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the reason JV's post game isn't emphasized in game is because he's working on something else (becoming one of the better rim protectors in the league) right now.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Anyways it's a moot point, bec i can't see the Kings trading him. The return would be huge though if they move him.

But back to my original comment. SF should be MU's first priority in the offseason. We need one badly. Offer Draymond Green max money in the summer. See if GSW match.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X