Game #76 - Miami Heat @ Toronto Raptors - March 28, 2023 7:30pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #76 - Miami Heat @ Toronto Raptors - March 28, 2023 7:30pm EST

The Toronto Raptors (37-38) are facing the Miami Heat (40-35) for the fourth and final time this season. Miami and Toronto split a mini two game series in Miami early in the season. Toronto last recently beat Miami at home back in November. Miami is coming off a loss against the Nets. The Raptors are looking to win their 3rd in a row after they beat both Detroit and Washington at home before going on the road for 5 games in a row.

Toronto is currently sitting in 9th in the East, but has the same win-loss record as Atlanta, who own the tiebreaker. They are 1 game up on the 10th seed Chicago Bulls. Miami is sitting in 7th in the East, but has the same win-loss record as Brooklyn who owns their tie breaker. And are 3 games up on the Toronto Raptors and Atlanta Hawks for either the 8th or 9th seeds.

As of early Tuesday morning, Kyle Lowry is listed as doubtful and Nikola Jovic is listed as out. For the Raptors Gary Trent Jr, Will Barton and Ron Harper Jr are listed as doubtful. Dalano Banton and Joe Wieskamp are considered out.

It’s Gameday! I can’t control myself any longer.
    Btw, Brooklyn can’t have the tie breaker with Miami because Miami gets the decision being a division winner. Remember those days?

Comment

Will we get to .500? I believe Matt said the last time we were at .500 was when we were 13-13 and then lost to Orlando.

Comment

This is a MASSIVE game if you're Team Playoffs(which I'm not).
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bench Kyle is a go...Jimmy Buckets is a likely

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            This is a MASSIVE game if you're Team Playoffs(which I'm not).
            They are all massive games for the Raps. They have very little margin for error to get 8th.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

They are all massive games for the Raps. They have very little margin for error to get 8th.
              Yeah, with us, Chicago, and Atlanta all within 1 game of each other, a tiny slump puts us in 10th, whereas a little streak puts us in 8th.

We also end the year with Boston back to back and then the Bucks, so we need to win games like tonight because it's not gonna get easier next month.

Comment

Game day!
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Would be pretty cool if we win and the Hawks lose! hehe.. at the same time, it could be nice to be in the lottery while being in the play-in.

Also, I always enjoy the matchups against the Heat. And now, having Poeltl inside will be interesting against Bam!
                  Last edited by TomAmnot; Tue Mar 28, 2023, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I'm always interested in watching the next game because I'm a fan, but not really too concerned about 8-9-10 play in and bounced in the first round as a likely high water mark. It just seems like writing off another year with little discernable progress. Like we're not building towards anything and there's not really a plan

Comment

G____Deane wrote: View Post
                      I'm always interested in watching the next game because I'm a fan, but not really too concerned about 8-9-10 play in and bounced in the first round as a likely high water mark. It just seems like writing off another year with little discernable progress. Like we're not building towards anything and there's not really a plan
                      Plan is still build around Scottie. Discernable progress is we now have a very good starting center who fits great with Scottie. Let's get Scottie some more playoff experience and we have lots of ammo to make trades during the offseason. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Comment

No Butler tonight.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

No Butler tonight.
                          Sad to see how far Kyle has deteriorated too

Comment

G____Deane wrote: View Post

Sad to see how far Kyle has deteriorated too
                            Not really surprising. He's 37. It's going to happen to everybody. Look at LeBron, LeBron is like a cyborg, never got injured his first 15 years in the league. The last few years he's been in and out of the lineup with injuries.

DeRozan is another iron man. He's 33 now right. Next year he's going to start to deteriorate.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Not really surprising. He's 37. It's going to happen to everybody. Look at LeBron, LeBron is like a cyborg, never got injured his first 15 years in the league. The last few years he's been in and out of the lineup with injuries.

DeRozan is another iron man. He's 33 now right. Next year he's going to start to deteriorate.
                              37 is like being 75 in NBA years. It's wild he made it as long as he did. I'll be very surprised if Kyle doesn't retire when his current contract is up.

Comment

Working...
                              X